Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? (13375 Views)

Stolen Car (green Coloured VENZA) / Do White Coloured Vehicles Cost Less?` (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2009
i just heard this funny gist, dat white coloured cars are cheaper than other colours of the same car.how tru?
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by reality4us(m): 9:38am On Jan 12, 2009
They are not supposed to be cheaper but Nigerians generally dont like white coloured cars, especially if they are used cars. So with the generally low demand for such cars, the price tends to be lower.

As for me I can only drive a white coloured car if it's a brand new car (tear rubber).
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Seun(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2009
Can one save money by buying a white care and then repainting it black or some other color?
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2009
Seun nice 1, its so funny why would colour detemine the price of a car.am still waitin to hear from the major car dealers comments
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by jenju(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
Colours do not typically affect the price of brand new cars. However some new cars may be more expensive because the paint used on them is of some special metallic variety - these colours are typically not white.

I do however believe that white used cars in the USA are less expensive than non white cars. Dealers consistently bid less for white cars at auctions than what they bid for non whites, all things being equal. White cars are also generally more difficult to sell particularly in Nigeria, unless one finds a deep pocket pastor. smiley

The whole affair is not logical.

J
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by inspiredm(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2009
smallmoney:

i just heard this funny gist, that white coloured cars are cheaper than other colours of the same car.how tru?

White Cars are Cheaper Because White vehicles get dirty really fast. Another reason is cause they are more fragile of getting damaged

A typical buyer does not want a white car so they probably sit on the lot longer and end up costing dealers more money to maintain, so they lower the price on them

Some Dealers Buy White, Yellow and Odd Colors and then Factory Oven Bake them to Preferable Metallic Colors, It costs an average of $1000 to Factory Oven Bake a Car from say White to Black

Metallic Colors are Really More Expensive, A Black Car is likely More Expensive than a Red or White Car of Same Year & Model, there are Preference in Colors Vis a vis the Cost.

Personally, I don't like white cars because they show dirt so fast and it seems like you have to wash them constantly or else they look nasty
. cool cool
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Landmark(m): 7:48am On Jan 13, 2009
Then if i may ask for you guys opinion, how much can i sell a Toyota Sienna 2001 XLE (white) in the market.
Secondly where can i get my white car painted with an oven baked colour in Lagos?
Please this is urgent, kindly help out.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 13, 2009
Nice replies, i heard u could get a good spray and good body molding work for 30k. seems white cars are cheaper sad
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by keyremotes(m): 9:20am On Jan 13, 2009
Landmark:

Then if i may ask for you guys opinion, how much can i sell a Toyota Sienna 2001 XLE (white) in the market.
Secondly where can i get my white car painted with an oven baked colour in Lagos?

There is this guy in Soluyi, Gbagada. He has a brand new oven there.
Interestingly, I actually saw the 2007 Toyota Camry there for the first time. Some Lebanese car dealer took some used ones there to redo paint job so he could put them in his showroom.

I believe if the dealer could go there it means the guy is very good.

When you get to Deeper Life Church, ask for the place. The okada guys there will take you there.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by keyremotes(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2009
smallmoney:

Nice replies, i heard u could get a good spray and good body molding work for 30k. seems white cars are cheaper sad

I do not sincerely think so.
Maybe with the regular spray painters not oven baked.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by keyremotes(m): 9:24am On Jan 13, 2009
I think the darker colored cars have more presence on the road.

Wax finish comes out better on dark coloured cars naturally because of the contrast.

So dealers just play on that.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by reality4us(m): 9:26am On Jan 13, 2009
It must not be oven baked to look sweeet. My Pathfinder was white when it landed from US but it took me about 60K to respray it to metalic brown. People think it came with the new metalic brown colour because it's looking cute.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by inspiredm(m): 9:26am On Jan 13, 2009
Landmark:

Factory Oven Bake costs between 70k -200k at Coscharis Motors 68A, Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, there are some other good guys around St, Finbarrs Road, Unilag and some other places in Lagos. cool cool
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2009
oh, well u could do a normal spray and it wil come out gud.but am sure the Oven spray is better
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by tolu10: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2009
One of the dumbest things I have ever heard is that a white car should cost less than other colors.

However, this is is actually true. I experieced this with 2 vehicles I was selling. I imported the cars from the US.

To me the buyer should be concerned about how mechanically sound the car is and so I was in complete shocked when I kept hearing this.

One guy even suggested that only a Celestial Church member will want to buy a white car.

As stupid as this sound I quickly repainted the vehicle from white to Navy Blue color and the other to a wine color as I was not interested in finding out.

But I am so surprised that Nigerians are adverse to white cars especially because we can be so religious.

Doesn't white signify purity? I guess this doesn't matter when it comes to cars.

That's a tall order for a company that does not manufacture cars. Not even spare parts.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by ohaechesi(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2009
Landmark:

I could remember when 2face bashed my sweet ride in Festac, i won beat the driver not until 2face came down. I didn't spear him because he is too 2face but for the fact that he has been my friend even before his fortune. Omo, i took my car to those TOGO boys wey dey for Festac, na hem the guys touch my ride and it came back to normal. Omo look for those TOGO boys, dem go handle ur problem tithe, even more than you expect
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by angelina08(f): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2009
Yes white coloured cars are cheaper because it is very difficult to maintain, it get stain all the time, you will keep washing it every day that is why it is cheaper.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by femzy(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2009
@topic
How cheaper, Is it not only some change cheaper?
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by cyriluzo(m): 8:17am On Jan 14, 2009
I will buy a white car if am not going to drive it Lagos. But if na 4 dis lagos, no way!
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by icemann(m): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2009
inspired_m:

White Cars are Cheaper Because White vehicles get dirty really fast. Another reason is cause they are more fragile of getting damaged

pls can u explain how and why they are fragile?
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by igwe11(m): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
That was mis
inspired_m:

A typical buyer does not want a white car so they probably sit on the lot longer and end up costing dealers more money to maintain, so they lower the price on them

Some Dealers Buy White, Yellow and Odd Colors and then Factory Oven Bake them to Preferable Metallic Colors, It costs an average of $1000 to Factory Oven Bake a Car from say White to Black

Metallic Colors are Really More Expensive, A Black Car is likely More Expensive than a Red or White Car of Same Year & Model, there are Preference in Colors Vis a vis the Cost.

Personally, I don't like white cars because they show dirt so fast and it seems like you have to wash them constantly or else they look nasty
. cool cool

Did I just read that white cars are more fragile of getting damaged? cheesy cheesy

icemann:

I'm also waiting . . . . .
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by inspiredm(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2009
icemann:

Fragile Used In lieu of Vulnerable.

Any Scratch, Blemish, Dent, Scuff or Cut On a White Car becomes Easily Noticeable than On other Colors, Hence Fragile.

From an Insurer Point of View, It costs Less to Insure a White Car, Some insurers find black cars are more likely to be involved in Accidents at night.

Conversely, White cars sometimes attract cheaper premiums because the opposite is found to be true

White Cars are Easier to See, Likely Preventing More Accidents, Hence Low Insurance Premium on them Causing Low Price. cool cool
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by igwe11(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2009
inspired_m:

Any Scratch, Blemish, Dent, Scuff or Cut On a White Car becomes Easily Noticeable than On other Colors, Hence Fragile.

From an Insurer Point of View, It costs Less to Insure a White Car, Some insurers find black cars are more likely to be involved in Accidents at night.

Conversely, White cars sometimes attract cheaper premiums because the opposite is found to be true

White Cars are Easier to See, Likely Preventing More Accidents, Hence Low Insurance Premium on them Causing Low Price.  cool cool

inspired_m:

Car dey go through Humiliations ?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

Your Choice of English Words is Deficient, Shoddy & Pathetic

How did you get to work in a Radio Station ? are You Proud of Your Job ? If You are, tell me your job description, et al

grin grin grin
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2009
so why are 90% of the pickup trucks sold in nigeria white?
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2009
becos dey get them cheaper
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by igwe11(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2009
For me, I will simple attribute it to consumer preference especially in Africa where geographical locations have a role to play, else I didn't see any reason why manufacturers will spray their cars white with full knowledge of the price implication.
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by ayobase(m): 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2009
this is called article of Ostentation!!!
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by simorny(m): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2009
Can one save money by buying a white care and then repainting it black or some other color?

most of all this cars they are bringing to Africa are used cars you read some of the articles here http://cars.creditsnote.com/used-cars-easy-way-to-get-it
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by MrCrackles(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2009
White cars are calamitious
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by d1maff: 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2009
it's all about consumer preference.So i think
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by icemann(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2009
inspired_m:

. cool cool

So u mean Fragile was used in  place of Vulnerable
and u still used Fragile in ur second line

inspired_m:

[color=#000099][b]

i agree with the insurance part but that of scarches,i think  Its easily noticed on a Black or Dark car
People prefer darker colours cause they Shine brighter(Reflect  light) even sunlight on a bright day (things glint when they reflect light in the dark)
Darker cars Glint very well at night compared 2 the white n white like colours
Due 2 that glint, dents and scraches are easily seen on them.

@ igwe1
u dont have 2 insult some him 2 prove a point.
if he doesnt know explain politely cool
Re: Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? by igwe11(m): 10:51pm On Jan 30, 2009
icemann:

So u mean Fragile was used in  place of Vulnerable
and u still used Fragile in ur second line

i agree with the insurance part but that of scarches,i think  Its easily noticed on a Black or Dark car
People prefer darker colours cause they Shine brighter(Reflect  light) even sunlight on a bright day (things glint when they reflect light in the dark)
Darker cars Glint very well at night compared 2 the white n white like colours
Due 2 that glint, dents and scraches are easily seen on them.

@ igwe1
u dont have 2 insult some him 2 prove a point.
if he doesnt know explain politely cool

Brother, the last I will do in this forum is to insult one. That quote you see up there is nothing but what he told somebody in one thread like that.
Just to show that nobody knows it all smiley smiley
Nevertheless, hes my man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pros And Cons Of Mercedes C230 And C240 / Transmission Related Problems / Your First Driving Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.