Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893909 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
femoric9:
Please House, i have a Sister having a problem. She had a 2yrs visitor's visa with her husband that was got early 2014 and she is now 32weeks pregnant and decided to use d opportunity to give birth in d USA since they can both afford it. But unfortunately, i did not know what she said wrong, at d USA immigration today, her i-90 was cleared for just 2weeks with NO EXTENSION & NO ADJUSTMENT. She had already booked a return ticket for june with d hope that she will put to bed in d US in may. PLS, WMIS THERE ANY SOLUTION AND WHAT CAN U ADVISE ?
I read somewhere on this thread where someone said same thing happened to her sister inlaw or something and she applied to some govt agency and her visa was extended,but i cant remember the the details of the case anymore. You can consult an immigration lawyer for best advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
smileymum:
@Phema
Top of the day to you dear. Please I need info on MIHS services. I just narrated my ordeal at the hands of a visa officer during my visa interview last week and I am considering arming myself with another hospital estimate before I reapply. Please can you give me details on how to get through to them? I have gone to their website and I printed out the package for non-residents. Looks attractive. Is there any other thing I need to get. Do I need to get appointment from them? Please help with any info you might have that will help me. Cos I intend to prove to them that hospitals actually have packages that can be affordable and not necessarily within the $20k range.

I'm so sorry for the disappointing news. Truth is, some people may have to apply more than once before they will be granted. In the end, it will be all worth it.

As for what went wrong; Terese69 nailed it! I honestly think a SOA of 3.5m for a budget of 2.7m is too small. It will look like you are clearing your accounts just to go have a baby and that reeks of desperation. And you said the 3.5m was spread over both you and hubby's accounts. Unfortunately, you didn't get the chance to present your hubby's. She must have thought the amount she saw in your accounts was all you had. They also donot like it when they have to go through the rigors of studying so many SOAs with the limited time they have. You should have carefully built one or two accounts to reflect that sum.

These people want to know you can CONVENIENTLY afford to have your baby in the US. They have this idea (which is wrong by the way) that having your baby in the US is very expensive and should be an exclusive preserve of the wealthy. Then again, how do you convince them you can afford the bills in case of a complication (GOd forbid) with just 800k extra? Just looking at this through the eyes of a VO.

Other than the above, I think you did a good job with your documentation. Now, what can you do? Start by NOT altering your application. I know you are tempted to move funds around and get an additional sponsor, but that will seem like a desperate move. No need to also change hospitals. All you need is a well detailed doc showing the breakdown of the cost of delivery.

Another thing you can do is bring your budget a notch down. Look for a way your other expenses (other than the hospital bills as those can't be modified) can be reduced abit so your total budget won't exceed 2.5m. Atleast, that way, you have an extra of 1m. 1m seems way more appealing than some hundreds of thousands. Also, please and please, go to Abuja. They rarely ask why one changed venues.

PM me.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
femoric9:
Please House, i have a Sister having a problem. She had a 2yrs visitor's visa with her husband that was got early 2014 and she is now 32weeks pregnant and decided to use d opportunity to give birth in d USA since they can both afford it. But unfortunately, i did not know what she said wrong, at d USA immigration today, her i-90 was cleared for just 2weeks with NO EXTENSION & NO ADJUSTMENT. She had already booked a return ticket for june with d hope that she will put to bed in d US in may. PLS, WMIS THERE ANY SOLUTION AND WHAT CAN U ADVISE ?

Did she inform the embassy of her birthing intentions? What exactly went down at the POE? What did she tell them was the purpose of her trip? How much did she have on her? Any hospital documents to show her readiness?

Only when you have answered these questions can one have one or two suggestions .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
femoric9:

Pls this just happened now and she is demoralised, any advice pls. I am d USA and she intend to stay with me for d period.
did she state her intention at the pont of entry ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
dere5:

I read somewhere on this thread where someone said same thing happened to her sister inlaw or something and she applied to some govt agency and her visa was extended,but i cant remember the the details of the case anymore. You can consult an immigration lawyer for best advice

I remember that case too. But she wasn't stamped in with "no extension or adjustment", so it was easy for her to appeal that decision and seek for an extension. ]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Phema:

I remember that case too. But she wasn't stamped in with "no extension or adjustment", so it was easy for her to appeal that decision and seek for an extension. ]
there's more to it. if she has stated her intention, she will be stamped 6 months i stand to be corrected tho
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lalavita: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
So sorry about what happened to your sister. It will be better to provide more details but based on what you have said, she did not declare her birthing plans at the POE. If she did, they would not have given 2 weeks. They will either give enough time (6 months) or send her bk.

Now she has 2 options.
1. Apply for an 1-94 extension despite the annotation which said she should not. The issue is the process for application and response normally takes several weeks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=kGoUVZLxJe_jsAT5_IDQCw&url=http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/C1en.pdf&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFg3Kfxq-bCBlz7Z1xs0OG5xdTFNg&sig2=7giYa3K92qVgT5fR6HlKtA

2. Quickly travel and come back. She can go to the UK or somewhere for a few days. Then come back with her burden of proof and declare birthing at POE

Please encourage your sis to be 100 percent honest and open in all her dealings with immigration. It helps a lot

femoric9:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
zeezahbee:
there's more to it. if she has stated her intention, she will be stamped 6 months i stand to be corrected tho

Ofcourse! Not just more, there is plenty to the story.

Most people going for a 2day conference even get stamped in for 6months, not to talk of a preggy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lalavita: 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
The VO was def having a bad day but as @phema and @terese said, your financial plan gave her the opportunity.

I personally would not change hospitals or make deposits which could be viewed an money lodgement but as @phema suggested, you should consider reorganising your budget.

You may also consider using your mum's account esp if it is really bouyant alongside yours or hubs (not all 3). I know someone on this thread recently used her dad's statement and got the visa. You however will need a solid reason why she is sponsoring.

regarding 90 days, many people did not wait and still got it.

Cheer up...we have testimonies of people who had to apply 3 times b4 being granted. All the best.

smileymum:
cry I don't have 90 days. I am due 2nd week in June. I need to travel at least 2nd week of May. Will I be refused based on not waiting till 90 days? I am wondering that they should know that I have no control over the timing of my trip cos the baby must come anyway. Mehn, why is this thing so hard? cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
Terese69:

Sorry o, I just received failure delivery notifications for all the replies I sent to your work email address. Please send me an email from your personal email address so I can resend my all my replies in case you haven't been getting them.

Greetings.
I got ur email. .I think. ...however these re my personal emails. .. olokings@yahoo.com olokings@gmail.com

Tnx much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mom2015: 12:08am On Mar 27, 2015
isysleek:
Hello house, pls those that have used US airways within America(eg from new York to maryland), do they ask for fit to fly?

Secondly,my passport expires November 2015 but I will be travelling in April and be back to naija in June 2015. Do I have to renew before I leave naija?

Gurus in the house,pls assist.

Thanks.

Nope, I flew us airways at 36 weeks from Houston to Raleigh, i had a stopover and I wasn't asked any questions. In fact the fact that I was pregnant was ignored sef.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 1:11am On Mar 27, 2015
femoric9:

I hope she didn't insist she was there for vacation or tell them she was spending 2weeks when asked how long she was staying hoping to be stamped in for 6months. I know a lady who went to Houston for her second delivery and was given 2weeks too. She eventually left and went back home because her due date was 7 weeks out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mom2015: 3:26am On Mar 27, 2015
I stand to be corrected but I feel this issue of bank statement is a bit over rated . I went to the embassy with an account balance of 250k and was granted a visa even after telling the VO I was going for delivery. I was advised by my friends not to boost the account as it may look fishy.
Though I'm not in support of u going to the embassy with three statement of accounts.
My advice will be to go simple, state that ur hubby will sponsor the trip and make sure that whatever funds u have is in your hubby's account, den also prove to them that he has a stable job and dat u're also working. U can also go with other hospital packages if possible (to prove that other hospitals also offer cheaper packages) but still use the initial hospital.
The most important thing is to pray for God's favor and ure good to go.
Too much money can also portray a sign of desperation what matters most is ur history and what goes in and out of ur account not necessarily the current bank statement.
Another thing I feel that gave u away is the fact that u made a part payment when u haven't gotten a visa,according to the rumors I heard(i stand to be corrected) initial payments either for tickets or services expected to be rendered in the USA makes the VO feel u're making (forcing) him or her to feel obligated to grant u a visa. It's better to book for an appointment rather dan paying for the service.
My advice to future applicants will be to Just go with ur appointment letter and correspondence with the Dr.
I hope this helps.

[/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 3:50am On Mar 27, 2015
toparie:

Hi Kizluv,

Could you please send me contact details for Mobap... I've sent them messages via their website but they've not responded.
Thanks

Read through my post, the hospital and doctors details and alot of information on mobap are there. Sorry this is late , I am just seeing it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:08am On Mar 27, 2015
lalavita:
So sorry about what happened to your sister. It will be better to provide more details but based on what you have said, she did not declare her birthing plans at the POE. If she did, they would not have given 2 weeks. They will either give enough time (6 months) or send her bk.

Now she has 2 options.
1. Apply for an 1-94 extension despite the annotation which said she should not. The issue is the process for application and response normally takes several weeks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=kGoUVZLxJe_jsAT5_IDQCw&url=http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/C1en.pdf&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFg3Kfxq-bCBlz7Z1xs0OG5xdTFNg&sig2=7giYa3K92qVgT5fR6HlKtA

2. Quickly travel and come back. She can go to the UK or somewhere for a few days. Then come back with her burden of proof and declare birthing at POE

Please encourage your sis to be 100 percent honest and open in all her dealings with immigration. It helps a lot

I was thinking along your line of number 1. I hear it takes a really long time, that by the time she gets a response she may have had her baby and returned. But I don't know if that will affect her chances of re-entry since it was clearly stated no extension/readjustments.

Maybe she should go to mexico and return. Since she may not have a UK visa and that distance is not a small one. I hear you don't need a mexican visa if you have a US visa and traveling from US, or maybe Barbados grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 6:32am On Mar 27, 2015
@Kizluv pls I contacted dr Timothy of Mobap on phone but don't ve a mail correspondence with him,how do I go about this?Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2015
nefertitiram:

I was thinking along your line of number 1. I hear it takes a really long time, that by the time she gets a response she may have had her baby and returned. But I don't know if that will affect her chances of re-entry since it was clearly stated no extension/readjustments.

Maybe she should go to mexico and return. Since she may not have a UK visa and that distance is not a small one. I hear you don't need a mexican visa if you have a US visa and traveling from US, or maybe Barbados grin

Yep she should go to Barbados or St kitts, Caribbean islands closer to the Us or Mexico if possible than going all the way to the UK . Nig passport holders don't need a visa if visiting for less than 3 months
All the best...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2015
mom2015:
I stand to be corrected but I feel this issue of bank statement is a bit over rated . I went to the embassy with an account balance of 250k and was granted a visa even after telling the VO I was going for delivery. I was advised by my friends not to boost the account as it may look fishy.
Though I'm not in support of u going to the embassy with three statement of accounts.
My advice will be to go simple, state that ur hubby will sponsor the trip and make sure that whatever funds u have is in your hubby's account, den also prove to them that he has a stable job and dat u're also working. U can also go with other hospital packages if possible (to prove that other hospitals also offer cheaper packages) but still use the initial hospital.
Too much money can also portray a sign of desperation what matters most is ur history and what goes in and out of ur account not necessarily the current bank statement.
Another thing I feel that gave u away is the fact that u made a part payment when u haven't gotten a visa,according to the rumors I heard(i stand to be corrected) initial payments either for tickets or services expected to be rendered in the USA makes the VO feel u're making (forcing) him or her to feel obligated to grant u a visa. It's better to book for an appointment rather dan paying for the service.
My advice to future applicants will be to Just go with ur appointment letter and correspondence with the Dr.
I hope this helps.

Are you honestly telling us that the VO gave you a visa as body going to deliver in US with only 250k in your account?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2015
justwise:

Are you honestly telling us that the VO gave you a visa as body going to deliver in US with only 250k in your account?

My advice will be to go simple, state that ur hubby will sponsor the trip and make sure that whatever funds u have is in your hubby's account, den also prove to them that he has a stable job and dat u're also working

Maybe she wasn't asked to produce her statement, which was a huge risk if you ask me o! N250k ke? For delivery US wants to see the MONEY!!! Proof that you won't be a burden to the govt. But she highlighted using hubby's statement which also works by the way
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 9:14am On Mar 27, 2015
I think we should wait to hear the full story before making these suggestions. The POE officers aren't stupid o! You think they won't figure out what she's trying to do if she suddenly decides to go to the carribean or Mexico? Remember that we don't know what notes they've put in their system about her so she might just be digging a deeper hole for herself.

She probably wasn't forthcoming about her reasons for coming to the US and if that's why she was given 2 weeks, getting an immigration lawyer is a waste of time and money.

Popri:

Yep she should go to Barbados or St kitts, Caribbean islands closer to the Us or Mexico if possible than going all the way to the UK . Nig passport holders don't need a visa if visiting for less than 3 months
All the best...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2015
Thanks. Sent you a PM
Phema:

I'm so sorry for the disappointing news. Truth is, some people may have to apply more than once before they will be granted. In the end, it will be all worth it.

Another thing you can do is bring your budget a notch down. Look for a way your other expenses (other than the hospital bills as those can't be modified) can be reduced abit so your total budget won't exceed 2.5m. Atleast, that way, you have an extra of 1m. 1m seems way more appealing than some hundreds of thousands. Also, please and please, go to Abuja. They rarely ask why one changed venues.

PM me.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2015
The lady didn't even look at the correspondence from the doctor. All she looked at was my budget sheet and that was it. She didn't even compare the amount on the sheet to what was quoted by the doctor. All she said when she saw was that no hospital will charge less than 2ok for delivery and that it looks fishy that they are gearing me up to accept govt aid. lipsrsealed I intend to move all our money into our joint acct and hope that mumsie's letter of sponsorship and bank statement will not raise eyebrows
nefertitiram:

My advice will be to go simple, state that ur hubby will sponsor the trip and make sure that whatever funds u have is in your hubby's account, den also prove to them that he has a stable job and dat u're also working

Maybe she wasn't asked to produce her statement, which was a huge risk if you ask me o! N250k ke? For delivery US wants to see the MONEY!!! Proof that you won't be a burden to the govt. But she highlighted using hubby's statement which also works by the way
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 9:40am On Mar 27, 2015
The lady didn't know about the part payment cos she didnt even look at any correspondence between me and the doctor. The payment I made wasn't for any service. It is pre-requisite for getting a letter of medical responsibility and appointment from the doc. If I will be applying again, I intend to move all the funds into our joint account so that i dont present too many statements. Our joint monthly salary is about 1m. I wonder why they do not take that into consideration. What happened to us having steady jobs that can provide funds at the end of the month to foot any bills. I just think the lady didnt made up her mind not to give me the visa tho.
mom2015:
I hope this helps.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by femoric9: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2015
nefertitiram:

Thank you all for your advice, her flight from philadephia to my place in KY was rescheduled for today due to bad weather, i will come back here to give u full details of what transpired at d POE as soon as she gets to me today. Once again, thank u for ur help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 10:27am On Mar 27, 2015
mom2015:
I hope this helps.

I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think the payment was the issue. 2 years ago I applied for a visa at 7 months and I had paid all the bills (ie hospital and physician) and I could see that the VO was desperately trying to figure out through my statements if I could pay, when I told him I had made full payments and showed him my letters he didn't bother checking any other statement. I think she was just very unlucky that day cos I don't see anything that she did wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2015
greetings house...
please can anyone help with email contact for doctors affliated with ARLINGTON MEDICAL CENTRE, DALLAS TX.

thanks.
pm me on olokings@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mom2015: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2015
justwise:

Yes Justwise, i was granted a visa with less dan 250k in my account. Combination of what myself and hubby earns is more dan 1.5m per month including benefits. I was thoroughly advised by people who know me not to put any other funds in my account (even though we had in some other account as we had withdrew some money at that moment) all he checked was my job history and our annual income and my account to prove I received such amount on a monthly basis.
I must tell u that I know more than 3-5 families that has done this in mine and hubby's office that were also granted a visa.
Like someone rightly said, maybe I was lucky. That means the luck runs amongst my friends and families then. smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mom2015: 11:15am On Mar 27, 2015
Mum2bee:

I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think the payment was the issue. 2 years ago I applied for a visa at 7 months and I had paid all the bills (ie hospital and physician) and I could see that the VO was desperately trying to figure out through my statements if I could pay, when I told him I had made full payments and showed him my letters he didn't bother checking any other statement. I think she was just very unlucky that day cos I don't see anything that she did wrong.

True. I guess I'm wrong on that part, I was just trying to give it a thorough scrutiny and based on the reviews I got by people close to me when I was applying, i tot dat might affected her even though I believe the VO was just a saddist.
I'm also thinking out loud here abeg new mamas, maybe we shud start looking for new hospitals for delivery, looks like these people are getting tired of seeing the same letter all d time ( if we remember the Dr paretis issue)....I'm just saying ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2015
Here also, if you have a good job history and you family is here with you, they don't need much from you before they give you visa, just because most companies pays their staff tickets for vacation, so if you can prove that you have a profession as your status and good salary above 10k per month you are good to go and above all God favour.

mom2015:

Yes Justwise, i was granted a visa with less dan 250k in my account. Combination of what myself and hubby earns is more dan 1.5m per month including benefits. I was thoroughly advised by people who know me not to put any other funds in my account (even though we had in some other account as we had withdrew some money at that moment) all he checked was my job history and our annual income and my account to prove I received such amount on a monthly basis.
I must tell u that I know more than 3-5 families that has done this in mine and hubby's office that were also granted a visa.
Like someone rightly said, maybe I was lucky. That means the luck runs amongst my friends and families then. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 11:21am On Mar 27, 2015
olokings:
greetings house...
please can anyone help with email contact for doctors affliated with ARLINGTON MEDICAL CENTRE, DALLAS TX.

thanks.
pm me on olokings@gmail.com

Google Omega Obgyn all the doctors are affiliated to the hospital

Hope this helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:30am On Mar 27, 2015
smileymum:
The lady didn't even look at the correspondence from the doctor. All she looked at was my budget sheet and that was it. She didn't even compare the amount on the sheet to what was quoted by the doctor. All she said when she saw was that no hospital will charge less than 2ok for delivery and that it looks fishy that they are gearing me up to accept govt aid. lipsrsealed I intend to move all our money into our joint acct and hope that mumsie's letter of sponsorship and bank statement will not raise eyebrows

PM Phema, she will put you through with your budget
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mom2015: 11:31am On Mar 27, 2015
smileymum:
The lady didn't know about the part payment cos she didnt even look at any correspondence between me and the doctor. The payment I made wasn't for any service. It is pre-requisite for getting a letter of medical responsibility and appointment from the doc. If I will be applying again, I intend to move all the funds into our joint account so that i dont present too many statements. Our joint monthly salary is about 1m. I wonder why they do not take that into consideration. What happened to us having steady jobs that can provide funds at the end of the month to foot any bills. I just think the lady didnt made up her mind not to give me the visa tho.
She's a saddist like I said. In fact u even sounded confident,so I'm still wondering about what went wrong.That means all u need to do is to try again and I'm sure with phemas burden of prove and a simple history, u shud be granted a visa by Gods grace.
Pls don't feel dejected, everything happens for a reason. Just do ur due diligence and pray,pray and pray.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.