Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892084 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by BVNO: 2:38am On Apr 03, 2015
God has given me a bouncing baby boy.. To him alone be all the glory. The baby stopped breathing after delivery but God in His infinity mercy brought him back to life. Pls join me to thank the Lord for His faithfulness.

Pls I need help oh!!!

I just got a statement of consent form, for my husband to fill in Nigeria. I want to scan and send to him to complete. After completing the form and getting notary sign does he need to sign and scan back to me or must it come in the original form. Pls sorry everyone, if I'm in anyway repeating an answered question. I just need your response urgently. Thank you

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 3:09am On Apr 03, 2015
@bvno
Congrats on the birth of your little one dearie. May God make him a source of joy to you and your husband.
Going by what I have read on the thread, I think he has to dhl it to you. Don't think they accept scanned copies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 3:41am On Apr 03, 2015
Omodaraju:

Madam, unpack your things and repack like four times. Then have repeated looks at the cute things you bought for the little one you're expecting. Take a walk when you have the energy, it helps set baby in position for delivery. If you've got Netflix or YouTube, watch plenty films, the days will run by faster.

Bottom line, be careful how you search for company, you can't trust people anyhow whether in Osun or Texas. Are you sure your hosts are open to you receiving strangers in their home?

All the best dear, just be patient your perfect company will soon be here

grin grin rotfl

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Faree28: 6:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello people.

Any June mum in the house heading to LA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 8:27am On Apr 03, 2015
Congratulations, may God let him be source of joy to you forever,

Why not send soft copy to your. Husband or let him download directly instead of sending scan copy. Also he should post it to you after completion. All the best.
BVNO:

Pls I need help oh!!!

I just got a statement of consent form, for my husband to fill in Nigeria. I want to scan and send to him to complete. After completing the form and getting notary sign does he need to sign and scan back to me or must it come in the original form.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by thababe: 9:52am On Apr 03, 2015
Justwise well done! Glad to see the thread is going strong. My old people like Fabulousmum, uchetobiband co are all off the thread and the only familiar name here is Phema. I've hung up my boots by Gods grace so no plans to be back here for advice but will lurk from time to time incase I can be of help to anyone.God bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by thababe: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2015
BVNO:
God has given me a bouncing baby boy.. To him alone be all the glory. The baby stopped breathing after delivery but God in His infinity mercy brought him back to life. Pls join me to thank the Lord for His faithfulness.

Thank God for your baby... He is a faithful God!
Don't scan to him..send him the link so he can print it out himself ..when he fills it he can Dhl to u. They won't accept scanned copies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2015
thababe:
Justwise well done! Glad to see the thread is going strong. My old people like Fabulousmum, uchetobiband co are all off the thread and the only familiar name here is Phema. I've hung up my boots by Gods grace so no plans to be back here for advice but will lurk from time to time incase I can be of help to anyone.God bless

That is not nice....why? We still need experienced people like you here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by TMJDiva: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello all,

I have been reading and following this forum for a while and I must say, this is the most informative education anyone can get on travelling abroad and I really appreciate everyone.

I plan to give birth in the US myself but from the threads no one has really given any experience with any hospital in San Diego, California. Pleas anyone with good and affordable hospitals riund that area should pls share as that is where ive got family that will accommodate my tight budget. Thanks everyone.
Phema:

This is the kind of thing I love to read. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 11:06am On Apr 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
I paid with my Bank of America card so all the payments are reflected on the statement and that's what I plan to show at the embassy if asked, since I have to renew my visa when I get to Lagos.

As for the epidural, i'm guessing the medicine itself is in the package and the administration is separate, but keep asking your hospital. Unfortunately, not all states are as cheap and straightforward with billing as Texas.

Gracydee:

Thank you Shelly23.

I am in colorado. I have the quote and receipt but I don't understand how you want to use your statement to. I paid with cash.

As for the epidural, I actually have a self pay package that says epidural is covered. only for them to say I will pay the anaesthesilogist myself. And someone that already used the hospital mentioned that she paid like $800 for that. Just wondering that if epidural is covered in the package and what am paying is just the services of the person to administer it, should it be upto that $800. meanwhile the $800 is said to be after discount.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Pls how much is a dollar to naira now. Sorry to ask ds oo. I checked online but have different value. Pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by thababe: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
justwise:

That is not nice....why? We still need experienced people like you here

I'm still here o..just saying I wont be asking questions needing advice for myself but ready to advise others.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
segbas:
Pls how much is a dollar to naira now. Sorry to ask ds oo. I checked online but have different value. Pls.
As at today, black market is 195 buying and 192 selling.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
AyaSho:

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Say what shocked
AyaSho:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by TMJDiva: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=TMJDiva post=32301292]Hello all,

I have been reading and following this forum for a while and I must say, this is the most informative education anyone can get on travelling abroad and I really appreciate everyone.

I plan to give birth in the US myself but from the threads no one has really given any experience with any hospital in San Diego, California. Pleas anyone with good and affordable hospitals riund that area should pls share as that is where ive got family that will accommodate my tight budget. Thanks everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:05am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2015
AyaSho:

shocked shocked shocked

Pardon the probing question but I want to know if this is from hearsay or hard facts cos when I overheard someone saying he bought @ 228 just about 2wks ago,the thought that came to my head was that "this country is going to hell in a hand basket"!!!

When the News networks reported 211 on wednesday,I said change is truly here but this 192-195 is like magic. I'm now convinced we can have it @ between 150-160 max by june.

Nigeria will be great again,the naysayers will never have their wish.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 5:56am On Apr 04, 2015
Plaese this is for a sister.

For those that have or had used MIHS. Which of their center did you use.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:57am On Apr 04, 2015
thababe:

I'm still here o..just saying I wont be asking questions needing advice for myself but ready to advise others.

Oh cool!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by temmyright(f): 8:08am On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=Adiahabasi post=31903293]

Hello,

Pls how far about accomodation in minisouri?

I am a may Mum and i will be coming over by next week. Is it possible for me to share accomodation with someone or even you? because i am on a tight budget

I will appreciate any response as soon as possible.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 04, 2015
Hello everyone,thanks so much for the update and may our babies bring joy to us in Jesus name.I have two things to ask here,when I got my Visa in Dec I was still expecting my monthly flow but eventually it did not come,hence I was pregnant.Do I need to write a mail to the embassy and how do I go about it?Secondly I have someone in North Carolina Charolette to be precise but she's not giving feedback about doctor I can use all she keep sayings is when you get here it will be sorted and I don't want any issue at Poe coming from JFk and am a July ending /August more all things being equal.I will also want to know the best airline as I was thinking of Delta since I will be traveling by June ending if all works out.
Please mummies in the house help a New mum to be.
Thanks Oluwatosin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:29am On Apr 04, 2015
Olaideodes:
Hello everyone,thanks so much for the update and may our babies bring joy to us in Jesus name.I have two things to ask here,when I got my Visa in Dec I was still expecting my monthly flow but eventually it did not come,hence I was pregnant.Do I need to write a mail to the embassy and how do I go about it?Secondly I have someone in North Carolina Charolette to be precise but she's not giving feedback about doctor I can use all she keep sayings is when you get here it will be sorted and I don't want any issue at Poe coming from JFk and

Why don't you make an alternative arrangement like going to Phoenix or Elpaso. Don't go there now and feel incapacitated and end up using medicaid. It's always better to have an idea of what your bills are before embarking on the journey. Some of these our families and friends in the States act somehow sometimes. After delivery, you can go to the person's house.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Olaideodes:
Hello everyone,thanks so much for the update and may our babies bring joy to us in Jesus name.I have two things to ask here,when I got my Visa in Dec I was still expecting my monthly flow but eventually it did not come,hence I was pregnant.Do I need to write a mail to the embassy and how do I go about it?Secondly I have someone in North Carolina Charolette to be precise but she's not giving feedback about doctor I can use all she keep sayings is when you get here it will be sorted and I don't want any issue at Poe coming from JFk and am a July ending /August more all things being equal.I will also want to know the best airline as I was thinking of Delta since I will be traveling by June ending if all works out.
Please mummies in the house help a New mum to be.
Thanks Oluwatosin.

Where you asked at the embassy when you applied for the visa if you were pregnant? If the answer is no,then you can send a mail to the embassy informing them of your change of intent,their email address is somewhere on this thread.
Concerning your search for a doctor,go to healthgrades.com and search for doctors in Charlotte and start emailing and calling them for quotes .
Delta Airlines is ok,but bear in mind that if its a delta direct flight,your poe is most likely to be Atlanta and not New York,your flight will end in jfk,but poe will likely be Atlanta

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=modath post=32329677]

shocked shocked shocked
I changed at retail market in Ogba area of Lagos state yesterday at 195 and I asked if I want to sell and the mallam said is 192. Confirmed and not they said.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mom2015: 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=Olaideodes post=32333291]Secondly I have someone in North Carolina Charolette to be precise but she's not giving feedback about doctor I can use all she keep sayings is when you get here it will be sorted

Most hospitals in NC have this issue. U can pm me for more information. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
Very true. It is a miracle. too bad for those that are yet to travel but who have bought already cos u can't even sell cos u would be doing that at a loss. [quote author=AyaSho post=32340288][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=AyaSho post=32340288][/quote]

Abuja is 170 n nobody's buying. ...
Too much dollar in circulation. ....BDCs are not even taking taking dollars of ur hands anymore. ..lol
Change have started already. ..hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
olokings:

Abuja is 170 n nobody's buying. ...
Too much dollar in circulation. ....BDCs are not even taking taking dollars of ur hands anymore. ..lol
Change have started already. ..hehehe

This is music to my ears.. But what's baffling is that bank rate is higher than the BM.

@Ayasho,
I not only voted for change,I actively campaigned(not a card carrying member though) so I'm really expectant.
I asked not because I didn't believe you but it sounded too fantastic.God bless Nigeria.

@olokings,
You are correct about the abuja situation.I had to make enquiries& I learnt that some Bdc operators aren't receiving large quantities but will tell the seller to hold on to the USD and they will give him/her a call when there is an available buyer. shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Any Abuja july mama headed for MIHS ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pepeflavor: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
My POE experience.

Flew BA to NY and the flight was really full for both legs of the trip (Los-Lon and Lon-NY). we were just 2 preggos on both legs. was the very last person on the line when we got to NY so an officer walking past asked me to leave the queue and she took me to the front.

Met a nice looking black lady.
CBP: How are you doing today?
Me: Very well thanks
CBP: why do you have so much money on you (from the landing card)
Me: i am here for vacation and to have my baby
CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: 12 weeks
CBP: who will take care of you while you are here
Me; My uncle and his wife
CBP: where do you work and what do you do for them?
Me: told her and i just opened the file i have with me to bring out the letter from my work so she saw my complimentary card and picked it up, looked at it and gave me back (didnt check the letter). Then she asked me to step aside that she needs to talk to her colleague (a white late). The white lady left her cubicle and came into the black one's own and the were looking at the computer with my passport, the she stepped out again and called me.

CBP: there is no crime in you coming into the US to have your baby but i believe you know the law and know you have to leave by september29.
Me: I know and i am not staying that long. Then she stamps my passport and son's
CBP: you declared food? what food is it
Me: its grinded corn called pap, looks like custard when you make it
CBP: whats it for?
Me : for lactation when the baby comes
CBP: does it work? i gat to try it
Me: sure it does

she then asked me to get my bags and at the second gate i met an officer who only asked if my hubby is coming, if i had my first child in the US and i should fill a form where i stated the exact amount of money i had on me.

No documents checked, i was even over prepared for them. nothing asked about hospital or doctor.

Had my first appointment at Wyckoff, same experience as remzy2015, met a midwife who accepted some tests i brought and asked that i do others. paid only the $130 for the visit. Met Christine too and she confirmed there are no hidden charges except the baby needs a hight level of care. I have not been given a doctor yet.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.