Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Windows 10: The Thread. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10: The Thread. (10422 Views)

Windows 10: The Experience Of A Nigerian Within 48 Hours / Microsoft Edge On Windows 10: The Browser That Will Finally Kill IE / The wait is over: Welcome Windows 10! The World Most Awaited Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by spacyzuma(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2015
I had a similar buggy experience with my last install of Win10, especially with the new EDGE browser.

Anyway, I've decided to ignore Win10 for now, since its release is now so close, and I'll be getting it free.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by ITbomb(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2015
moonraker:
Sorry i havent updated this thread in a long time... Just been busy with work angry

Anywayz, you guys probably heard that the RTM version of windows 10 would start shipping out starting from July 29th.

Well, i have it from real sources that customers running windows 8.1 pro and windows 7 pro would get a free upgrade. The rest of the lot would

haveto pay a small token. Customers running pirated versions of windows 8.1 pro would be blocked from getting the free upgrade.

New pics from build 10130 coming soon.

The ones with pirated windows will always find a way. Remember Microsoft wants this OS to reach as many people as possible and after making money from vendors in the West, they don't really care about profit in the developing world as long as you are using their products.
In their words, when you get so used to our products, we will then find a way of making you pay for it.

All those free pirated software that you are using, don't think Microsoft is not aware.
Click here to see why they allow you to use them

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 1:04am On Jul 25, 2015
Alright lads, i failed.... didnt keep to my promise of keeping this thread alive.... Will try to keep that promise...

So on wednesday, i got a disk from microsoft. It was Windows 10 PRO RTM grin

Only got around to installing it today....

IT will be available to the general public on July 29th

Enjoy some RTM pics

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 1:05am On Jul 25, 2015
more

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2015
I am happy to see this. Thought only few Nigerians are using the technical preview. I am finding it difficult to activate mine, tried lot of things.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 7:11am On Jul 25, 2015
dhsfbi:
I am happy to see this. Thought only few Nigerians are using the technical preview. I am finding it difficult to activate mine, tried lot of things.

Mine is activated... Wait until July 29th....
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 7:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Calendar

Music store

Photo app

Control panel??

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by basille(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2015
Nice pictures moonraker. My previous experience with 10 preview was very terrible, i lost most of my files.
No windows 10 for me till Microsoft announces the final version.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2015
basille:
Nice pictures moonraker. My previous experience with 10 preview was very terrible, i lost most of my files.
No windows 10 for me till Microsoft announces the final version.
which of the preview. Cos this rtm is okay if you have install the updates after its release.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by basille(m): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
dhsfbi:
which of the preview. Cos this rtm is okay if you have install the updates after its release.
I can't remember the build version but i installed it around 1st of June. Have you installed this latest version and how was your experience like? if yes, would you be kind enough to state your systems specs.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
basille:
I can't remember the build version but i installed it around 1st of June. Have you installed this latest version and how was your experience like? if yes, would you be kind enough to state your systems specs.
Everything is working well at this end. All my apps and programs are still working, 30minutes reduction in battery life but I expect updates to fix that, new pics, audio and video players, but simple server no longer download updates for me...but will find solution to that. My PC has the last minimum system requirements.2gb Ram, 280GbHD, 2.1ghz.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by basille(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
dhsfbi:
Everything is working well at this end. All my apps and programs are still working, 30minutes reduction in battery life but I expect updates to fix that, new pics, audio and video players, but simple server no longer download updates for me...but will find solution to that. My PC has the last minimum system requirements.2gb Ram, 280GbHD, 2.1ghz.
Great! Now all i have to do is wait patiently, that battery life reduction does not sound good at all.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by obosirow: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
Monraker, are you sure this is RTM version? I notice theres no water mark though just unusual for Microsoft to send out RTM to non PC manaufacturer (lOl).
The pics are cool. Waiting patiently like Basile cool
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by vanchi(m): 12:57am On Jul 26, 2015
moonraker:
Alright lads, i failed.... didnt keep to my promise of keeping this thread alive.... Will try to keep that promise...

So on wednesday, i got a disk from microsoft. It was Windows 10 PRO RTM grin

Only got around to installing it today....

IT will be available to the general public on July 29th

Enjoy some RTM pics

BIG FAT LIE. I BET YOU JUST UPDATED LIKE EVERY INSIDER PREVIEW TESTER. NO BE ONLY YOU GET AM FOR NAIJA .. WE PLENTY
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 7:10am On Jul 26, 2015
vanchi:

BIG FAT LIE. I BET YOU JUST UPDATED LIKE EVERY INSIDER PREVIEW TESTER. NO BE ONLY YOU GET AM FOR NAIJA .. WE PLENTY

wow!!!

thought i have seen everything... apparently i haven't. A word of advise for future proceedings, if you can or dont understand something,

dont call someone out like that, just as the necessary questions.

First things first,

I am not based in Nigeria. You can decide to believe that or not..

Secondly, if your company is part of Microsoft connect or under the volume license agreement, You get to test it out so as to know

whether or not you want to deploy or not...

Hmmmm it just occurred to me now that i dont need to prove anything to you...

You are your own person!!! cheerios

1 Like

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2015
obosirow:
Monraker, are you sure this is RTM version? I notice theres no water mark though just unusual for Microsoft to send out RTM to non PC manaufacturer (lOl).
The pics are cool. Waiting patiently like Basile cool

Doubters cheesy

Best believe, it is RTM. No watermarks, no bullcrap...

Look at the screen shot below...

1 Like

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2015
moonraker:

wow!!!

thought i have seen everything... apparently i haven't. A word of advise for future proceedings, if you can or dont understand something,

dont call someone out like that, just as the necessary questions.

First things first,

I am not based in Nigeria. You can decide to believe that or not..

Secondly, if your company is part of Microsoft connect or under the volume license agreement, You get to test it out so as to know

whether or not you want to deploy or not...

Hmmmm it just occurred to me now that i dont need to prove anything to you...

You are your own person!!! cheerios
my boss I need license key ooooo please.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
dhsfbi:

Wait till 29th....The way windows 10 is activated on a client is quite different from windows 8 and 7...
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by ApexTitan(m): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2015
@Moonraker

I'm stoked for the Windows 10 release on the 29th but there is something I'd like to know; how does the music player application handle?

I ask because I found Xbox music on windows 8.1 to be less than satisfactory, many times it would freeze or crash in the middle of a song. There were also instances were I found some of my audio files (and accompanying music art) wrongly tagged. Then there was the random selection option, oh gosh, in my modest library of about 3000 songs it seemed to play only from a small range of songs - it was anything but random!

All of these issues persist even after several software updates, so I'm hoping MS gets it right on this iteration of windows. This was one small area that spoilt my otherwise enjoyable experience on Windows 8.1.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
ApexTitan:
@Moonraker

I'm stoked for the Windows 10 release on the 29th but there is something I'd like to know; how does the music player application handle?

I ask because I found Xbox music on windows 8.1 to be less than satisfactory, many times it would freeze or crash in the middle of a song. There were also instances were I found some of my audio files (and accompanying music art) wrongly tagged. Then there was the random selection option, oh gosh, in my modest library of about 3000 songs it seemed to play only from a small range of songs - it was anything but random!

All of these issues persist even after several software updates, so I'm hoping MS gets it right on this iteration of windows. This was one small area that spoilt my otherwise enjoyable experience on Windows 8.1.

The bolded still exists my man.... Otherwise i think microsoft has definitely improved on the windows 8,1 version of XBOX music...

How about you just use itunes to manage your songs?? I know i know, its bloated but it does get the job done you know...
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by ApexTitan(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
moonraker:

The bolded still exists my man.... Otherwise i think microsoft has definitely improved on the windows 8,1 version of XBOX music...

How about you just use itunes to manage your songs?? I know i know, its bloated but it does get the job done you know...

I had been on iTunes for many years now but when I switched to Win 8.1 last year I decided to try something different so I went with the prepackaged Xbox Music. It is bloated yes, but it still suffers from the inability to fully exhaust my library when set to random play.

I really hope the problems I listed earlier are fixed on windows 10, they could be really annoying. It's a shame if that tagging issuing still persists.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
dhsfbi:

Tell me something....

How did you get windows 10 on your system?? did you upgrade from windows or 8? or you did a fresh install??
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 12:24am On Jul 29, 2015
moonraker:

Tell me something....

How did you get windows 10 on your system?? did you upgrade from windows or 8? or you did a fresh install??

upgrade from Windows 8.1.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 2:02am On Jul 29, 2015
dhsfbi:
upgrade from Windows 8.1.

Was your windows 8.1 installed with a legit key?? If that was the case, then run windows update, install all the updates and then restart.

Check the activation window again.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Anikulhapo(m): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2015
moonraker:

Was your windows 8.1 installed with a legit key?? If that was the case, then run windows update, install all the updates and then restart.

How Can I Update From Windows 7
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Mykcool(m): 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
moonraker:

i upgraded from a legit windows 8.1 to windows 10 home.. i decided to go pro lipsrsealed
is there a way i can make my license permanent again??
and have you found a way to make simple server work with your updates

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by okumbe(m): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Please help me out.
I upgraded to window 10 some few days back not up to a week, yesterday before i went to bed i used my HP DV6 PC, and nothing was wrong with it but this morning when i woke up i try putting ON my system as usual but the screen went blank and dim, i awaited thinking it was just taking time to boot but the problem persisted even now it's still the same, i have tried all i could like removing the battery and putting it ON again and hard hard starting as they call it but still the same, blank and dim.
Please somebody help me....
what should I do please ?
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Astutechris(m): 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
okumbe:
Please help me out.
I upgraded to window 10 some few days back not up to a week, yesterday before i went to bed i used my HP DV6 PC, and nothing was wrong with it but this morning when i woke up i try putting ON my system as usual but the screen went blank and dim, i awaited thinking it was just taking time to boot but the problem persisted even now it's still the same, i have tried all i could like removing the battery and putting it ON again and hard hard starting as they call it but still the same, blank and dim.
Please somebody help me....
what should I do please ?
Hello
Does you system start at all? I mean does it show the HP logo when you press the start button? If so try and and enter the troubleshooting mode and do system restore or "back dating" as some will call it.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Astutechris(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hey everyone, if you are still having trouble upgrading to windows 10, read how I did mine in three easy steps here>> http://www.naijaetech.com/windows-10-upgrade-from-8-1/
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by okumbe(m): 12:53am On Aug 17, 2015
yes my system powers ON but i mean the screen is blank and dim and show nothing at all, except when i just powers it ON it shows the first window 10 logo, loading but immediately goes blank and dim, but the lights and everything shows but the screen how nothing but dim light after that first window 10 logo.
Please help me if you have any idea
Astutechris:

Hello
Does you system start at all? I mean does it show the HP logo when you press the start button? If so try and and enter the troubleshooting mode and do system restore or "back dating" as some will call it.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by okumbe(m): 1:05am On Aug 17, 2015
okumbe:
yes my system powers ON but i mean the screen is blank and dim and show nothing at all, except when i just powers it ON it shows the first window 10 logo, loading but immediately goes blank and dim, but the lights and everything shows but the screen how nothing but dim light after that first window 10 logo.
Please help me if you have any idea

Oh yeah, i managed to hit f11 key immediately i powered it own, and it came up with HP Recovery Manager, but i don't know which one to choose and i don't want to loose my files on the system.
any ideal please ?
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by obosirow: 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Might be a graphics driver issue. Try loading windows in safe mode.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Fix Limited Access On Your Computer When Connected To Hotspot / PC Specs For Serious Gaming / Twelve Christmas Internet Scams To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.