Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC (10589 Views)

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/pc ? / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? / How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
How Bad Does Your Laptop/pc Sucks Your Data Plan(mb)??

My peeps,i just bought a new laptop recently... So today i connected my laptop with my phone via joiku spot which turned my phone into a wireless hotspot for the laptop to connect to.. But to my surprise,i discovered that 42mb was deducted in just 45 minutes of surfing the net...
I have'nt downloaded any browser yet. Is it because i used the internet explorer that came with the laptop,or i need to modify the browser settings to reduce data consumption..
Does usb modem sucks data like this too.. BTW,i used my airtel 1gig i had on my phone..
Suggestions are welcomed...

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
Na wa oh!!! Na so dis section dey reach.. Abeg seun needs to delete this whole section asasp..lol
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
Maybe new programs dey download updates na hin make. Check sha, most times new programs by default downloads updates automatically. 42mb small na, if only anti-virus and microsoft office update themselves na finish be that. Check programs like internet download accelerator too, maybe u install am by mistake; e fit dey download so many things without your knowledge!! Try check make u uninstall or block some programs.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
seriallink: Maybe new programs dey download updates na hin make. Check sha, most times new programs by default downloads updates automatically. 42mb small na, if only anti-virus and microsoft office update themselves na finish be that. Check programs like internet download accelerator to, maybe u install am by mistake; e fit dey download so many things without your knowledge!! Try check make u uninstall or block some programs.
ok!! I don check sha.. But make i re-check am.. Tanx
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Chikebrain: 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
Get the unlimited browing on PC through VPNs and MTN BIS or multilinks evdo modem.
You could holla on chike.louis@yahoo.com
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by puskin: 2:07am On Nov 26, 2012
^^

You don't seem to learn angry angry
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Ezyp(m): 2:15am On Nov 26, 2012
password ur hotspot for ur use only
check ur antivirus update and ur automatic system update to off
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by ssainty(m): 2:55am On Nov 26, 2012
i don't even av a laptop not to talk of modern abi na modem.abeg na arab or latin words b dis?

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by moderatorr: 3:06am On Nov 26, 2012
I use all the network and I have noticed these:
A. Airtel - finishes fast!
B. MTN - you have steady network until u subscrbe for a data plan smiley
ETISALAT: the best, but network isn't everywhere
GLO -0 I lied, never u used glo in all these years.
MTN and AIRTEL: don't login to some secure cpanels and sites due to the fact that they keep rotating the same few IPs for all their customers.

My choice, chose the lesser of the two evil. Which is airtel. Its better my 3GB Finishes steady and fast than I have full network but can't browse till my subscription time expires smiley

I always choose etisalant when am in their radius.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Jeffy1206(m): 3:11am On Nov 26, 2012
Modem sucks even beta...I spent onli 1hr nd 195mb gone for jst googoin and lookin imagen
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 26, 2012
i advice everyone trying to get a new internet to stay off Spectranet.
They have they worst network signal at the moment and will never accept it.
they keep selling and not caring about current subscribers.
I have 2 of their modems and am looking at returning it

@topic,
Am currently on Swift and it costs me about 500MB per day when not in downloading mood
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 26, 2012
Kslib: How Bad Does Your Laptop/pc Sucks Your Data Plan(mb)??

My peeps,i just bought a new laptop recently... So today i connected my laptop with my phone via joiku spot which turned my phone into a wireless hotspot for the laptop to connect to.. But to my surprise,i discovered that 42mb was deducted in just 45 minutes of surfing the net...
I have'nt downloaded any browser yet. Is it because i used the internet explorer that came with the laptop,or i need to modify the browser settings to reduce data consumption..
Does usb modem sucks data like this too.. BTW,i used my airtel 1gig i had on my phone..
i think you need to disable that windows update thing.
then enable it when you have free internet.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Vincent41(m): 3:50am On Nov 26, 2012
Kslib: How Bad Does Your Laptop/pc Sucks Your Data Plan(mb)??

am using airtel 1GB on my fone but Bro To God who created me it only last for a month dat means i need like 10GB for laptop but no money...............its better to use fone dis days dan Laptop...........................

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by zangiff(m): 3:58am On Nov 26, 2012
use airtel
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by xcitedjay(m): 3:58am On Nov 26, 2012
First of all(...introduction), switch off windows update, antivirus update and any other update you're aware of, even browser update.
Furthermore, get a firewall and configure it to deny access to the internet for any application you don't want to be using up your data.
Lastly, get a third party browser like Firefox and install adblock(trust me you don't want all your limited data allowance to be used for downloading ads, plus pages load faster without ads), disable loading of javascript and maybe images.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Vincent41(m): 4:03am On Nov 26, 2012
ssainty: i don't even av a laptop not to talk of modern abi na modem.abeg na arab or latin words b dis?

dis man sef.......u
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by bigx(m): 4:45am On Nov 26, 2012
Kslib: Na wa oh!!! Na so dis section dey reach.. Abeg seun needs to delete this whole section asasp..lol

I consume averagely 300 to 800mb daily.

If you are using a laptop get the 8k for 7.5GB plan.
That should stay till almost the end of the month and is the only way you'd enjoy internet.

I use the 1GB plan you talked about on my ipad and it lasts roughly two weeks, talkless of a laptop with windows update and so on.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Sunymoore(m): 5:01am On Nov 26, 2012
My 10 giga data lats a day, cause im torrent freak
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by ichieakpo(m): 5:02am On Nov 26, 2012
Chikebrain: Get the unlimited browing on PC through VPNs and MTN BIS or multilinks evdo modem.
yahoo yahoo grin
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by NEROSKY(m): 5:22am On Nov 26, 2012
As long as i want it 2 last.. KUDOS 2 AIRTEL
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Chikebrain: 5:45am On Nov 26, 2012
puskin: ^^

You don't seem to learn angry angry
Sorry bro, go through all the computer section and you'll find it there boss.
Thanks
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 26, 2012
My 1gb airtel plans lasts just 1week max, pls guys can i use etisalat bis on my galaxy tab?
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Chikebrain: 5:59am On Nov 26, 2012
chikebrain: Get the unlimited browing on PC through VPNs and MTN BIS or multilinks evdo modem.
ichieakpo: yahoo yahoo grin
Boss it aint yahoo yahoo. I have been using the tweak for 8 straight months unlimited and it has been fast. I'm a huge torrents downloader. I download large file sizes, stream videos, video call on PC et al. (My hard disk has only 56GB disk space available because of downloads).
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by babarazy: 6:09am On Nov 26, 2012
Chikebrain:

Boss it aint yahoo yahoo. I have been using the tweak for 8 straight months unlimited and it has been fast. I'm a huge torrents downloader. I download large file sizes, stream videos, video call on PC et al. (My hard disk has only 56GB disk space available because of downloads).
who cares since u cant share it.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Dygeasy(m): 6:44am On Nov 26, 2012
Jeffy1206: Modem sucks even beta...I spent onli 1hr nd 195mb gone for jst googoin and lookin imagen
and watching vedeoing... Lwkm.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Chikebrain: 6:55am On Nov 26, 2012
babarazy:
who cares since u cant share it.
Well if you can post windows 7 ultimate key here without getting banned I'll post the link to the download the software.
Thanks
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2012
I think it gat to do with the PC. When you buys a new pc some files will need to update and the do update when you connect for the first time , they files will try to update thereby causing your network to finish sooner than expected.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2012
@Thanks guys for all your replies.. From what i'm seeing,it's like am even lucky they removed only 42mb in 45mins.. So in that case,i will use only my phone to browse for the main time... How i go dey consume 1gig per day,abi na my papa get internet...
Anyway,i will still do a deep search to check if any automatic update is enabled...
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2012
Jeffy1206: Modem sucks even beta...I spent onli 1hr nd 195mb gone for jst googoin and lookin image
Which kind of image you dey look??

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 7:08am On Nov 26, 2012
NEROSKY: As long as i want it 2 last.. KUDOS 2 AIRTEL
Oga,oya tell us how you take dey do am nah!!!!
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Ejine(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2012
My 20GB lasts me a maximum of 2 weeks.

*Sigh*... Blame it on the mojo.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2012
I used. Etisalat 200mb on my laptop and in 10 minutes 165mb was used up just from opening nairaland and yahoo mail. However I use airtel 3gb on my iPad and it's been the best so far

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Crack Winning Eleven 9 Soccer Game. / How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? / How To Download Youtube Video To Your Computers And Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.