Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,215 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins (1099 Views)

Pix: Who Represent Nigeria Better (GMB Or GEJ) / Nairalanders...can You Bet This Amount Of Money On Buhari Or GEJ? / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by Gabrielwilliams(m): 9:53am On Mar 03, 2015
[left][/left] I want to throw this to the house. What will be the likely scenario in Nigeria if either General Muhammadu Buhari or President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan wins the forthcoming elections? In any eventuality of chaos,what can we do to stem the tide of violence?
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by Bifwoli: 9:58am On Mar 03, 2015
If GEJ wins,Nigeria is headed to the promised land.

If GMB wins,it'll be more boko-haram with a head inside Aso Rock.
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by IAmBhijay(m): 10:06am On Mar 03, 2015
Lemme just sit down here and watch APC guys and PDP guys tear at each other.

Team NPP- No political party.
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by smakati(m): 10:14am On Mar 03, 2015
Gabrielwilliams:
[left][/left] I want to throw this to the house. What will be the likely scenario in Nigeria if either General Muhammadu Buhari or President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan wins the forthcoming elections? In any eventuality of chaos,what can we do to stem the tide of violence?

I have thought about that.

SCENARIO ONE: GEJ WINS

there will be riots in the north, about 3, 000 lives will be lost. Gej will declare state of emergency in flashpoints. Foreign governments will intervene, a deal will be brokered between pdp and the opposition, Buhari will accept it and Everything will go back to normal except I expect boko haram will intensify its activities.

SCENARIO 2A : buhari wins

Inec will declare buhari the winner, Jonathan will reluctantly hand over, expect trouble from the creeks, the militants are going to cause trouble, they won't kill as much people as a northern riot will but the nation will be brought to its knees. Getting the nation back up depends on how well Buhari manages the situation.

SCENARIO 2B: buhari wins and gej doesn't hand over

Inec declares buhari the winner, gej and pdp refuse to acknowledge defeat, they try to hold on to power, expect anarchy. The beginning of a civil war.

SCENARIO 3: No elections at all
The elections are postponed one more time, gej hands over to david mark on may 29, david mark who always likes concept of neccisity will hold on to power for 6 months, foreign governments will ask gej and buhari to forget about the presidency. New candidates will be organised. A new election will be conducted. Back to the anarchy and civil war.

SCENARIO 4: army takes over
There is a slight chance this may happen, people keep telling me that the army won't take over but they forget everyone is ambitious for power. Give them the right excuse and see what they will do. If they do take over, I don't see them staying up to a year before a fresh election is conducted.

Although I am a staunch Buhari man, I cringe when I think what will happen if he really wins. The only way to prevent loss of lives is for politicians to avoid making inciting statements. People should eshew violence. A curfew would be nice too. And the army and police should do there job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by Gabrielwilliams(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2015
smakati:

there will be riots in the north, about 3, 000 lives will be lost. Gej will declare state of emergency in flashpoints. Foreign governments will intervene, a deal will be brokered between pdp and the opposition, Buhari will accept it and Everything will go back to normal except I expect boko haram will intensify its activities.

Inec will declare buhari the winner, Jonathan will reluctantly hand over, expect trouble from the creeks, the militants are going to cause trouble, they won't kill as much people as a northern riot will but the nation will be brought to its knees. Getting the nation back up depends on how well Buhari manages the situation.

Inec declares buhari the winner, gej and pdp refuse to acknowledge defeat, they try to hold on to power, expect anarchy. The beginning of a civil war.

The elections are postponed one more time, gej hands over to david mark on may 29, david mark who always likes concept of neccisity will hold on to power for 6 months, foreign governments will ask gej and buhari to forget about the presidency. New candidates will be organised. A new election will be conducted. Back to the anarchy and civil war.

There is a slight chance this may happen, people keep telling me that the army won't take over but they forget everyone is ambitious for power. Give them the right excuse and see what they will do. If they do take over, I don't see them staying up to a year before a fresh election is conducted.

Although I am a staunch Buhari man, I cringe when I think what will happen if he really wins. The only way to prevent loss of lives is for politicians to avoid making inciting statements. People should eshew violence. A curfew would be nice too. And the army and police should do there job.
insightful analysis bro.. . I just hope people get to read this
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by dkronicle(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2015
Me and my guys dem don save money for d next border. Refugee things.. Refugee train
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by Gabrielwilliams(m): 10:24am On Mar 03, 2015
dkronicle:
Me and my guys dem don save money for d next border. Refugee things.. Refugee train
grin God no go allow am reach dat level o
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by dkronicle(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2015
Dats everyone prayer but i no won hear asalambeez.
Gabrielwilliams:
grin God no go allow am reach dat level o
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by tola9ja: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2015
CHECK THE PHOTO AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN

Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by SPORTSGAZZETTE: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2015
A very important thing to note is that, its one thing to win, its another thing to be declared the winner of the election by INEC.

I assume the OP meant been declared as a winner. Even at that, its very possible a winner might not emerge in the first run. Thereby necessitating a re-run which will be very dicey.

Am certain Nigeria will not break as a result of this election.
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by mikolo80: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2015
smakati:

Agreed but boko will be wiped out as he has nothing to lose then.Maybe just sleeper cells still exploding random bombs
smakati:

We will survive on customs duties and taxes and reduce excess recurrent expenditure and navy will make it difficult/impossible to smuggle bunkered oil(political will)
smakati:

Sad

smakati:

Sadder

smakati:

This is the saddest thing that can happen cos its back to square zero
smakati:

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.Or we postpone the evil day.We are clearly not all on the same page in this nation.
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2015
The elections will surely come and go.......but Nigeria will definitely remain.

However, Nigeria will remain as what? that is the question we should ask......it will be a nation infested by hatred, distrust and a demagogue leadership capitalizing on those things that divides us to rule.

This is certainly not the nation anyone will wish for.

We need the #CHANGE
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by Shubbylee(m): 11:34am On Mar 03, 2015
HERE ARE SOME VITAL STATS YOU SHOULD NOTE :
NUMBER OF PVCs PER GEOPOLITICAL ZONE
SOUTHWEST - 13,731,090
SOUTHEAST - 7,665,859
SOUTHSOUTH - 10,059,347
NORTHWEST - 17,620,436
NORTHEAST - 9,107,861
NORTHCENTRAL - 9,767,411
FCT ABUJA - 903,613
PREDICTED VOTE WINNING PERCENTAGES
SOUTHWEST - GMB 65%, GEJ 35%
SOUTHEAST - GMB 20%, GEJ 80%
SOUTHSOUTH - GMB 20%, GEJ 80%
NORTHWEST - GMB 90%, GEJ 10%
NORTHCENTRAL - GMB 60%, GEJ 40%
NORTHEAST - GMB 70%, GEJ 30%
FCT - GMB 40%, GEJ 60%
LOOK AT THESE FIGURES AND DO THE MATHS AND TELL
ME HOW GEJ WOULD WIN THIS ELECTION WITHOUT
RIGGING OR USING SOLDIERS TO INTIMIDATE/
DISENFRANCHISE VOTERS IN ZONES WHERE HE IS LESS
FAVOURED!!
EVEN THOUGH THE SOUTHEAST AND SOUTHSOUTH
(WHICH ARE HIS STRONGHOLDS) GIVE HIM 95% EACH, HE
STILL CAN'T WIN IF IT IS FREE AND FAIR. LET PDP KEEP
DOING RIDICULOUS DOCUMENTARIES AND WISHING
PEOPLE DEAD....MARCH 28 IS COMIMG!! CHANGE IS
COMING!!
SAI BUHARI!! LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!
OYA PDP and GEJ family and friends come and attack me
for saying the truth!!
Re: What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins by honeyjoyce(f): 11:53am On Mar 03, 2015
smakati:

u are so on point

(1) (Reply)

Can Somebody Help Me Read this Famous Quotes Of Gmb and GEJ / Ikimi Loses Ground As 1,000 Kinsmen Dump PDP / Card Reader Test: Test Has Not Shown Figures Sent To Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.