Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,841 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed (4190 Views)

Which Governor-Elects Are Likely To Be Removed By Tribunals? / Nigeria's Best President Ever Will Be Removed Tomorrow / Breaking...Jega May Be Replaced By Ibrahim Biu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by 9jagistonline(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
The lasting debate surrounding plot to remove the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Prof. Attahiru Jega may have finally be put to rest as the presidency has reportedly gotten a replacement for the embattled INEC chairman.

Anonymous but trustworthy sources within the presidency on Tuesday made known to YNaija that the presidency is planning on removing the INEC chairman this week.
The report is coming regardless of assertion from President Goodluck Jonathan, during February 11 presidential media chat that he had no purpose of removing Jega from office.
The source further exposed that after a long search, the INEC National Commissioner, Amina Bala Zakari, has finally been chosen to replace Prof. Jega.
It was gathered that President Jonathan will force Jega to commence his terminal leave in order to give way for a replacement.
Meanwhile, Prof. Jega is scheduled to meet with Resident Electoral Commissioners on Wednesday, and it is during that meeting that the removal plot will be hatched.
“During Wednesday’s meeting, the RECs will pass a no confidence vote on the Chairman, and the FG will then step in and declare that his position is untenable since his own people don’t have confidence in him. Once Prof. Jega is removed, Mr. President will nominate a new chairman who will declare that INEC is not ready to use PVCs. And once PVCs are removed, it will become easier to carry out major rigging,” the source said.
However, another source also revealed that the Presidency was expecting a storm that would accompany Jega’s removal.
“They believe that the APC, the press, the US and EU will make noise, but then everybody will calm down after some time. Many RECs are in the PDP’s pocket, but Professor Jega has refused even to pick up the phone calls of those representing the president. That’s why the decision has been reached to push him out of the way,” the source said.
Recall that speculation on plot to oust Prof. Jega from office have been gathering momentum since the general elections were postponed in February.
Meanwhile, President Jonathan in an interview with Aljazeera, reassured Nigerians and the international community that he has no plan to sack Professor Jega, ahead of Nigeria’s general elections slated for March 28 and April 11.
But, the plot to remove the INEC chairman have generated a lot of criticism and reactions from political parties, concerned Nigerians and groups.

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Vision4God: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Seriously!!!!! Ok. Na dem sabi
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Slynonny(m): 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
What is Oga Jona waiting for?
That guy Jega has been bought by APC so sack him now and lets move on.
I'll rather dig grave,call my friends and neighbours and give my PVC a befitting burial than vote for Mallam Buhari.
GEJ 2019

10 Likes

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by vicbummadu(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
ok, we are watching...
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by golddeejay(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
we dey wait...
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by 9jatriot(m): 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
This rumor is getting too much APC should go to court and get a court injunction preventing anyone from interfering with the independence of INEC. They should be more proactive than this reactive noise making approach they are using GEJ does not care about the nation so a level of force within the law has to be used against him for him to behave.

For example, you can imagine if those house of rep members did not climb the fence that day what the outcome would have been. APC should stop this gentle man approach, we are dealing with a maniac for Christ's sake.

5 Likes

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by ramdris(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
Oga GEJ, hmnnn... be careful ooo. Those pple pushing u will abandon u when d die is cast o. Pls ask IBB.

3 Likes

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
APC are not being proactive with the situation of things. They should have got an injunction in place by now. Jonathan is a lawless man that respects no law but likes to fool people that he is a democrat. Believe Jonathan at your own risk.

3 Likes

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
Jega replaced Maurice Iwu few weeks before election in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by john124(m): 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
APC Loses 2,000 members to PDP in Ondo

March 2, 2015

Barely one week after losing 1,500 of its members to the Peoples Democratic Party in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State, the All Progressive Congress Party (APC), at the weekend, lost another 2,000 members in the state to the PDP.

The defection took place during a campaign rally led by the state governor, Olusegun Mimiko, at Okitipupa and Ilaje local government areas of the state.

The governor and coordinator of the party’s presidential campaign for Southwest, who led the campaign rallies to the council areas to solicit support for the presidential candidate of the PDP, Goodluck Jonathan, and other candidates of the party in the state said the dominance of the PDP in the state is total.

Mimiko thus urged the people to ensure they vote massively for Jonathan to ensure a resounding victory for the president and the PDP. He added that a PDP government at the centre means the state would benefit more from the Federal Government.

At the rally held in Okitipupa, about 2,000 members of the APC, led by Mrs Grace Adenuga, Mr Ejobe Friday, Mr Fagbounle Olakunle and Mr Sunday Omoyeye, defected to the PDP.

The defectors hinged their decision on the achievements of the PDP in the state and at the national level as well as their belief that the President, if re-elected, will implement the recommendations of the report of the National Conference convened by the President last year.

Those who at the rallies, attended by all the PDP leaders from the zone including, Kingsley Kuku, Akintoye Albert, Sola Ebiseni, Oladunni Odu, John Ola Mafo and Eddy Olafeso, among others. Mimiko warned the people not to fall prey to the negative change being propagated by the opposition parties.

He stressed that votes for Jonathan would translate to more dividends of good governance in Nigeria, adding that it is only President Jonathan’s antecedents that can lead Nigeria to the Promised Land owing to his genuine humanitarian services to the nation.

The governor urged them to support a true democrat like the President, who believes in the implementation of the reports of the National Conference in the best interest of all Nigerians.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/apc-loses-2000-members-pdp-ondo/

1 Like

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
sincerenigerian:

APC are not being proactive with the situation of things. They should have got an injunction in place by now. Jonathan is a lawless man that respects no law but likes to fool people that he is a democrat. Believe Jonathan at your own risk.
Lol na weak GEJ de make una shit for pant.Una never see anything yet. Power pass power. If you secure one court injunction GEJ would secure 20

4 Likes

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by stinggy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
alfred5:
Jega replaced Maurice Iwu few weeks before election in 2011.
Why are you full of lies?
Maurice Iwu served June 2005 – 28 April 2010.
Last Presidential election was held April 16 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by cirmuell(m): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol na weak GEJ de make una shit for pant.Una never see anything yet. Power pass power. If you secure one court injunction GEJ would secure 20
No one really gives 2 phucks if he has balls of steel bro, if these rumors are true...he's going to ruin the damn country.
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by themilanway(m): 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
5 ways to describe GEJ adminstration:

1)Corruption

2)Deceit

3)Weakling

4)Directionless

5)Clueless

6 Likes

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by dabigwalls: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
cirmuell:
No one really gives 2 phucks if he has balls of steel bro, if these rumors are true...he's going to ruin the damn country.

Double standards! I thought that he was "clueless".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by obaobirin: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
Slynonny:
I'll rather dig grave,call my friends and neighbours and give my PVC a befitting burial than vote for Mallam Buhari.
GEJ 2019

so u want pdp to buy him over?

moreover where is evidence dat he has been bought by apc
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Creamz(m): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
Only a foolish man can make the mistake that Jonathan is about to make going by what I just read above. Removing Jega will be the worst mistake of his administration, because Nigerians want free and fair elections and are earnestly looking forward to seeing it. Changing Jega at this last minute will make us fully understand that President Jonathan wants to hold on to power at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by cirmuell(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
dabigwalls:

Double standards! I thought that he was "clueless".
He is, a Clueless tyrant that's what he is. Being power drunk doesn't make you any less clueless than you are undecided. This is a democracy, that body is independent(election shifting today, chairman sacking tomorrow)...he's fast becoming the "Dictator" his goons are preaching against.

And he's about to make a very huge mistake if these rumors are actually true.
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by milky3(f): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
I smell conspiracy....
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by mrofficial(m): 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wahala!
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Realdeals(m): 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Is this news sauceless?
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by wisewisewise: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good replacement is POLICE AIG. MBU JOSEPH MBU.
At least he will fight NAKED against APC .
And kill 20 to 1. For Jonathan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by wisewisewise: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good replacement for Jegga bis POLICE AIG. MBU JOSEPH MBU.
At least he will fight NAKED against APC .
And kill 20 to 1. For Jonathan
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Safari29: 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
If he tries it to me oh, nothing will happen.
But if he wins the election with it, that is the end of Nigeria..
shikena
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by DonTeamie(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
An Insurance Broker Firm is in Need of I.T students (industrial
Training) in the area of Ikoyi Axis.
Any interested applicant should forward there C.V+I.T letter
and School I.D card to
eakintona@yahoo.com or Add up on bbm so we could talk
about it better@27ACC26C
This is very urgent, based on first come, first serve..
Monthly Allowance is 20k. No negotiation involved

Male Applicants only
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by rattlesnake(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
Slynonny:
GEJ 2019
Ode

1 Like

Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
I doubt this government will have the capacity to contain the unrest that would result. This government should be wary of what it does especially at this time.
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by knowledgeable: 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
Creamz:
Only a foolish man can make the mistake that Jonathan is about to make going by what I just read above. Removing Jega will be the worst mistake of his administration, because Nigerians want free and fair elections and are earnestly looking forward to seeing it. Changing Jega at this last minute will make us fully understand that President Jonathan wants to hold on to power at all cost.

My friend, Nigerians want structural transformational change which they have been yearning for ages. Election cycles cannot bring that kind of change they have been yearning for. And to prove that to you....., If Jega gets booted out or the election is postpone again, 50% of the population will not react negativly to it ,and it will still be business as usual. The other 50% will react verbally, but with caution hence the oil supply from the other side of 50% will not be caught off. So you see, the best and only option is the structural transformation within the polity and the country's intractable problems will have been dealt with. And this will bring with it, a new dawn of co existing between Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas and others.The economy will also double in a short period. GEJ till 2019!!!!.
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by BRAV0O(m): 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nigerians stand up!

I say my own oO
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by cyberdurable(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
hmmm
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by sosanova: 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
Sai GEJ
grin grin grin
Re: Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed by koikoi2(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
I think Jega should be removed instead of ''may be removed''.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest / Goodluck has PHD Appointed 124 From Nigeria And 5 Western Nigeria, 2 countries / Restructuring: Old Midwest Professionals To Meet On Wednesday - August 9 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.