Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected (5213 Views)

No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says / Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President / 3 Major Nigerian Problems Buhari Should Tackle - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by mrtimycc(m): 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
In others words buhari cannot make a difference
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Franzeez(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
danot1030:
Don't worry on the cprruption thing as Buhari will make a difference, he will not treat corruption with hand glove, he will fight corruption rather than resulting to AIT documentary of a passive corrupt personality, Buhari will arrest, prosecute and punish, not propaganda.

How will he stop the policeman on the road from collecting bribe? How will he stop employment corruption? How will he stop Nigerians from looking for who will help us get admission for our wards in Federal Secondary schools, and universities? How will he stop Nigerians from selling fake products to each other? How will he stop Local govt staff from being paid without going to office? How will he stop Local govt workers and been state from embezzlement of money ought to be used for certain little things? The highest thing is about 10 unlucky corrupt Nigerians would be in jail each year out of 170 million corrupt Nigerians
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Azedplus(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
I don see u, Mr noticeme. attention seeker
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Solve our electricity problems: There's nothing Buhari can do about the electric power situation in Nigeria. Everything that needs to be done has already been implemented by GEJ. The power sector has been unbundled and sold to private investors, various institutions have been setup to streamline, stimulate and protect private sector investment in the power sector.
There's nothing Buhari can do about this but to watch and regulate the activities of the investors. If we eventually and successfully begin to get constant power supply in our homes, Buhari will only be taking GEJs shine and nothing else.

Buhari can't stop unemployment: There's absolutely nothing Buhari can do about the unemployment situation in Nigeria. The unemployment situation in Nigeria is a complex problem - from the lack of employers to lack of capable employees.

Think about it, we lack employers of labour; we need over 50,000 profitable businesses to be created over the next four years for us to be able to solve the unemployment problem. This is impossible to achieve.
We also lack capable human resources. Our education system throws out hundreds of thousands of half-baked graduates every year, most private organisations don't have the resources to start training these graduates to learn basic things they should have learned in school. So the graduates stay unemployable because they have little or nothing to offer to the employer.

We seem to be in a quagmire and I don't think the APC or Buhari can do much or better than the present government concerning unemployment.

Buhari can't stop corruption: Contrary to popular beliefs and opinions, Buhari cannot stop corruption in Nigeria. He may want to follow the popular OBJ style by prosecuting well known individuals and impeaching governors. This will only scratch the surface. He will also face the credibility issues OBJ faced while he was trying to fight corruption - which is the fact that he had corrupt people in his government whom he failed to prosecute while he was prosecuting others who were deemed to be his enemies.

Also, Buhari needs the support of the Judiciary to fight corruption effectively and lawfully. Following this process is painstaking and time consuming because court processes and procedures in Nigeria can drag on for years.
However, his disposition and stance towards corruption may sway public opinion to his favour which may make his government seem credible.

I no talk am?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by LordAdam7: 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sweetguy25:

I no talk am?

Guy, quote all the idiots when be dey yarn dust last year for this thread.

Bastards!

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by shift15(m): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2016
You be Nostra Damus?

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
LordAdam7:

Guy, quote all the idiots when be dey yarn dust last year for this thread.

Bastards!

-Lord

This is the first idiot grin
sammyj:
Story story GEJ propagandist. Even if he Buhari does not solve this problems, Nigerians will be delighted that the clueless one, corruption and the crude SHEPOPOTEMUS grin grin will be sent back to OTUOKE market which is a big problem solved for Nigeria Democracy. Chikena !!!

SAI Buhari !!!

The second mumu.
IbnSultaan:
GMB
Will address the core issues around power and will carry out massive generation utilizing available Res. From solar,Gas,coal,wind,hydro
GMB
Govt will systematically. Encourage n aid entrepreneurship. N also revival n setting up of new industries
GMB
Govt will not tolerate any form of financial fraud n abuse of public funds.
Individuals found guilty will be punish

Mumu the third grin
danot1030:
Don't worry on the cprruption thing as Buhari will make a difference, he will not treat corruption with hand glove, he will fight corruption rather than resulting to AIT documentary of a passive corrupt personality, Buhari will arrest, prosecute and punish, not propaganda.

Another monkey
mumumugu:
He can solve corruption

Another one from a very big baboon
kheart:

Word one qualify dis write up, TRASH coming from Gej apologist and pessimist who seems to be benefitting from growing n booming industry of corruption under gej regimes.

A mentally disabled goat.
mrmetoo1:
Some people have chosen to accept failure as part of their life. They have chosen to believe that Nigeria will remain in this perpetual pathetic backwards state. Those people I described have decided to vote for GEJ.
Those of us who hope that this country can be better, deserves to be better are voting GMB. People that know that with good governance all those things that the OP listed as impossible are very possible. A wise man said let no one make you think governing Nigeria will is rocket science. We just need a government that's willing and appoints the right people for the job. We have the resources both financial and human resources, so why would anyone want to convince me Nigeria can't be better.

A blind and ignorant gorilla.
UrennaNkoli:

You are 100%
WRONG.
There are 99 problems GEJ cannot presently solve in this country and Buhari is your saviour.....
Pls vote wisely.
Sai Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
What an elder sees while sitting down, a child cannot see even if it climbs a tree.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Ngokafor(f): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sweetguy25:
What an elder sees while sitting down, a child cannot see even if it climbs a tree.

....You were so right bro,you were right!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by beejaay: 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
Interesting

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by hahn(m): 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
najoke:
[s][/s]
TRASH.
OP,I was expecting you to dish out evidence that GEJ has reduced or eliminated all the problems you listed above
...............if after 6 yrs of GEJ reign and all the above still persist.......infact all the above turned from bad to terrible under his reign...........it is so visible that even you(a PDP member) had to open a thread on his failures.........it simply means............you are repeating all what we have been saying........GEJ is a mega FAILURE.

END OF STORY.

eminikansoso:

for your mind you think say you be James Bond but you know no say na Mr Ibu be like you be

sammyj:
Story story GEJ propagandist. Even if he Buhari does not solve this problems, Nigerians will be delighted that the clueless one, corruption and the crude SHEPOPOTEMUS grin grin will be sent back to OTUOKE market which is a big problem solved for Nigeria Democracy. Chikena !!!

SAI Buhari !!!

IbnSultaan:
GMB
Will address the core issues around power and will carry out massive generation utilizing available Res. From solar,Gas,coal,wind,hydro

GMB
Govt will systematically. Encourage n aid entrepreneurship. N also revival n setting up of new industries

GMB
Govt will not tolerate any form of financial fraud n abuse of public funds.
Individuals found guilty will be punish

ZICCKOde1st:
Op, I agree with you -that you have summed up Nigeria's problems. I however TOTALLY DISAGREE that Buhari cannot solve these issues. Funnily, u only need to solve two of these and others fall into place...Corruption and Power(electricity I mean). I do not have my stats here but I can say with confidence that a lot of SMEs have been grinded to a halt as a result of power issues. They've had to expend so much on alternative sources of power that this has affected their revenues, they've had to as a result downsize or right size(if u like) resulting in massive unemployment.

The truth is we do not expect government to provide all the jobs and solve all of our problems but let government give us light and see aw creative Nigerians can be. If ure a Christian and u believe in the story of creation, u'll agree the first thing the Almighty did was to speak to the firmament -let there be light- all developments came after then.

As to the issue of corruption, I personal think Jonathan is soft on it and I think this is because he has skeletons which can used against him, hence his soft disposition. 2011, I didn't vote for him because I felt he lacked the charisma to lead. We don't need to go into aw he allowed himself to be treated during the yaradua saga. A stern, disciplined hand coupled with a mentality that understands the rule of law is what Nigeria needs.

danot1030:

mumumugu:
He can solve corruption

Ghana people said the same thing about Rawlings until he came in and cleared up the TOTAL mess.
Sweetguy25, you may be a kid and may not know history so well, so i urge you to go read and learn what greatest and astute leaders have done for their country against all odds. Nor be human being we be? abi those people wey dey steal our money na spirits?

kheart:

Word one qualify dis write up, TRASH coming from Gej apologist and pessimist who seems to be benefitting from growing n booming industry of corruption under gej regimes.

mrmetoo1:
Some people have chosen to accept failure as part of their life. They have chosen to believe that Nigeria will remain in this perpetual pathetic backwards state. Those people I described have decided to vote for GEJ.

Those of us who hope that this country can be better, deserves to be better are voting GMB. People that know that with good governance all those things that the OP listed as impossible are very possible. A wise man said let no one make you think governing Nigeria will is rocket science. We just need a government that's willing and appoints the right people for the job. We have the resources both financial and human resources, so why would anyone want to convince me Nigeria can't be better.

UrennaNkoli:

You are 100%

WRONG.
There are 99 problems GEJ cannot presently solve in this country and Buhari is your saviour.....
Pls vote wisely.
Sai Buhari.

What do you guys have to say about Buhari's government now ?

@ Sweetguy25

4 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by LordAdam7: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sweetguy25:

This is the first idiot grin

The second mumu.

Mumu the third grin

Another monkey

Another one from a very big baboon

A mentally disabled goat.

A blind and ignorant gorilla.

E don tey wen something for nairaland mk me laugh jare.

Make I quote their usernames again.

The following Mental And Deranged (MAD) BUFFOONS are hereby requested to register their presence on this thread:

MUMU 1: sammyj
MUMU 2: IbnSultaan
MUMU 3: danot1030
MUMU 4: mumumugu (Oga your case is special. Your name real fit you).
MUMU 5: kheart
MUMU 6: mrmetoo1
MUMU 7: UrennaNkoli

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by sammyj: 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
It wouldn't be nice to say silence is the best answer for a fool !!! grin undecided
LordAdam7:

The following Mental And Deranged (MAD) BUFFOONS are hereby requested to register their presence on this thread:

-Lord
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by tuniski: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
LordAdam7:

-Lord
Laff wan tear my tommy! Sai baba indeed what a messiah!!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by EternalTruths: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Solve our electricity problems: There's nothing Buhari can do about the electric power situation in Nigeria. Everything that needs to be done has already been implemented by GEJ. The power sector has been unbundled and sold to private investors, various institutions have been setup to streamline, stimulate and protect private sector investment in the power sector.
There's nothing Buhari can do about this but to watch and regulate the activities of the investors. If we eventually and successfully begin to get constant power supply in our homes, Buhari will only be taking GEJs shine and nothing else.

Buhari can't stop unemployment: There's absolutely nothing Buhari can do about the unemployment situation in Nigeria. The unemployment situation in Nigeria is a complex problem - from the lack of employers to lack of capable employees.

Think about it, we lack employers of labour; we need over 50,000 profitable businesses to be created over the next four years for us to be able to solve the unemployment problem. This is impossible to achieve.
We also lack capable human resources. Our education system throws out hundreds of thousands of half-baked graduates every year, most private organisations don't have the resources to start training these graduates to learn basic things they should have learned in school. So the graduates stay unemployable because they have little or nothing to offer to the employer.

We seem to be in a quagmire and I don't think the APC or Buhari can do much or better than the present government concerning unemployment.

Buhari can't stop corruption: Contrary to popular beliefs and opinions, Buhari cannot stop corruption in Nigeria. He may want to follow the popular OBJ style by prosecuting well known individuals and impeaching governors. This will only scratch the surface. He will also face the credibility issues OBJ faced while he was trying to fight corruption - which is the fact that he had corrupt people in his government whom he failed to prosecute while he was prosecuting others who were deemed to be his enemies.

Also, Buhari needs the support of the Judiciary to fight corruption effectively and lawfully. Following this process is painstaking and time consuming because court processes and procedures in Nigeria can drag on for years.
However, his disposition and stance towards corruption may sway public opinion to his favour which may make his government seem credible.

I hope those who argued with you then are enjoying the recession now grin

LordAdam7:

-Lord

Recession don deny them data grin
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 15, 2016
Chai, one zombie even had the guts to call the OP an attention seeker.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by mumumugu(m): 10:00am On Dec 15, 2016
LordAdam7:

-Lord

why are you involving me in a political thread. I dont do politics. I am an advocate of legalising prostitution, praying naked, praying before sex etc

when buhari is serious to stop lecturers from sexually harasing students, let me know so i can advice him on legalising prostitution as the only way.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by LordAdam7: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2016
mumumugu:

why are you involving me in a political thread. I dont do politics. I am an advocate of legalising prostitution, praying naked, praying before sex etc

when buhari is serious to stop lecturers from sexually harasing students, let me know so i can advice him on legalising prostitution as the only way.

Oga, na u carry yourself enter political thread in the first place.

No body force you.

So just continue. No draw body.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:23am On Dec 15, 2016
the Internet does NOT forget.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Daplux4: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2016
sammyj:

SAI Buhari !!!

when someone made a good point u acknowledge it, tell me what gej did that buhari has not done or even worse.
the minister of finance, the secretary to govt of federation knows that buhari is the most corrupt Nigerian politician. for 2 yrs he made budget he did not do anything, have u ask ur self about the projects he budgeted the trillions for and how the money went.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by mastermaestro(m): 11:52am On Dec 15, 2016
Those who voted Buhari were supposed adults with kid's brain.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by konamiAmazu: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
danot1030:

I saw this and i decided to say 'GOODMORNING' 2 u.

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by EternalTruths: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sweetguy25:

Do you have any idea on how government can influence the creation of 50000 businesses that employs labour no matter how long it takes

Tell me I will to know
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
EternalTruths:

Do you have any idea on how government can influence the creation of 50000 businesses that employs labour no matter how long it takes

Tell me I will to know

Infrastructure and credit. Those are the basic things

Government must ensures that it provides necessary infrastructure and that businesses have easy access to credit.

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by danot1030: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
konamiAmazu:

I saw this and i decided to say 'GOODMORNING' 2 u.
Oga this is a sign that you no get job o, so you are stalking on me. Evidence of idle hands becoming devil's workshop.

Everyone is moving forward you you're doing reverse.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by konamiAmazu: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
danot1030:
Oga this is a sign that you no get job o, so you are stalking on me. Evidence of idle hands becoming devil's workshop.

Everyone is moving forward you you're doing reverse.

But Nigeria is moving backward all thanks to the e zoo president.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by EternalTruths: 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Sweetguy25:

Infrastructure and credit. Those are the basic things

Government must ensures that it provides necessary infrastructure and that businesses have easy access to credit.

OK. Thanks.

How can the government help businesses have easy access to credit
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
EternalTruths:

OK. Thanks.

How can the government help businesses have easy access to credit

Basically by promoting business friendly monetary policies. That is, ensuring that interest rates are not too high and giving banks a very big reason to lend by lowering their cash reserves. The government can also intervene directly like the YouWin programme and others from the CBN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

“we Will Resign If Okorocha Takes Our School To North” / Chief Of Defence Staff Confirms Nigerian Soldiers Went Missing. / Igbo Are Seeing Shege Lambobrosaba In Lagos This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.