Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship (8234 Views)

How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj / Omotola Jalade as a Musician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by Victor5(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2006
I am a young Nigerian with a great vocal chord and a superb style of singing which is quite new. It's simply Unique! I do mostly gospel/inspirational songs, using a blend of R and B flavour with the yoruba traditional chant(oriki) . I think it is best heard than explained. But the feeling is just like listening to Craig David's song In the Yoruba traditional chant form with  a chorus that has a Rock feeling. I would still maintain that it is better heard than explained!

But the issue is that I am really in need of a sponsorer or someone who can help finance the project! I already have a demo  and I would be willing and ready to come along with it whenever I am called upon. Just wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do or if i could get a helping hand.
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by rock2(m): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2006
Sounds nice. Getting a sponsor that is standing right in front of you is difficult, not to mention on a board like this. Since you have a demo CD, let people hear your music, people you think can or cannot help you. Sorry i dont have references but the more people know the more your chances of finding a sponsor.
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by clocky(m): 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2006
Victor

Sounds very nice . Well it can be very difficult for an aspiring artist to get a sponsor.
But in this age of the internet there are also a couple of things you can do for yourself to get noticed since you already have a demo.
Can you post samples of your demo on this site for people to hear. Since there are a lot of nigerians visiting this site. This is a very good oppoutunity for u to get noticed and probably get a sponsor. if you are looking for a site that can host your songs go to http://www.audiostreet.net/. Register and upload all your songs. Then start an aggressive self marketing of yourself online. If you are very good and people like your songs you will get a sponsor in no time.i hope this helps . if you require any help let me know
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by iice(f): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2006
Yeah i was just gonna say if his demo could be heard. You dont have to put up all your songs, just something for people to hear and work with or get a better grasp of your style. Getting noticed puts you on the map even if in some small way. I wish you luck with your career and look forward to hearing some of your music. Cheers
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by smartsoft(m): 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2006
where in lagos are youy based please,  huh ? Well is kind of late now maybe i saw this post late because my Fellowship called YDI http://www.ydiyouthmission.org will be organising a concert and we will be having Dovemedia, Hossanah Hour, alotta them and some kind of people who are ready to see people sing and probably promote them and this very sunday is auditioning of artist, all the artist that will performing are using there demo thank God you got yours but is kind of late, more over we lunching a Magazine very soon  Called [b]Gospelgist [/b]i could tell u that i'm the publisher and we having a big show to back-up the event and also i really Thank God you sing gospel song.

But i would like to get your contact, so i could interview you and have your details on the magazine because this magazine ain't going to sell here in nigeria alone but other country that i know,  this show we intend have we really boost you up that i promise.

Well you can email me if you intrested gospelgist@myway.com
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by lilayo(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2006
What's up yall, my name is Lil' Ayo, and i'm a gospel hip-hop artist. For more information, you can go to http://www.kulleyllc.com. For music samples you can go to http://cdbaby.com/cd/lilayo.

I'm curious to know how you sound. I'm starting up a Record Label. Victor, holla man, let me know whats good.
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by omogenaija(f): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2006
hmmm well , i think if ur in nigeria u should check out bawoya films and records, it seems he likes bringng out new faces. and ur style seems different so thats the more reason y u should hit him up.
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by dennylove(m): 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2006
now aday, my guy nuttin,like sponsorship, if you no fit sponsor yaself make you dey there. by the way, na which kind music you dey sing sef?
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by nico(m): 6:08am On Aug 31, 2006
Good luck with your dreams. Hope to see u in Houston when u Become a huge star
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by Raymand(m): 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2006
Do you mind honoring Nairaland with a sample? smiley
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by Victor5(m): 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2006
Oh, I was so impressed by the responses, and I must say that it's been great knowing this site. Thanks so much all my brothers out there! Right now, I have got to speedily get my songs on net, just two of them, at least. I am very sure the sponsorers would come, coz is a brand of a new inspiration in Gospel dispensation. You guys are a huge help and inspiration. I can't wait to upload my songs right now. Pls, bear with me, I am on getting them across ok. you are going to listen to it, and you find them favorite! And if there's any useful information you can let me know, brothers. Thanks so dearly. Victor
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by clocky(m): 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2006
no wahala bros. keep us posted on ur progress wink
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by lilayo(m): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2006
I can put some of my music up, but I need to know if there is a section here that people can listen to music. If there isnt, i think there should be one.
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by Busta(f): 2:00am On Sep 01, 2006
Goodluck guy!
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by daslick007(m): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2006
Holla people, i'm into the music thingy too but the same ol' wahala, no sponsorship, I have my demo too , i'm into the rap thing but not hard core though. I'm more of a slick rap artist. I can do the r'n'b thiong too though. I have a party track as my demo titled "Friday Night", any one looking for a collabo, holla. stevedslick@yahoo.com

Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by Victor5(m): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2006
I need the names of Web site where I can upload my Demo without any charge. Cos I was told that to upload songs somebody needs to pay! Send ones that I am not going to pay.
Victor. Thanks
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by clocky(m): 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2006
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by cspear77(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2006
i am also an artist artiste and a member of a group called Kross. My brother you are not alone in this race as we are also currently in playground studio recording two of our tracks. no sponsor man mi. we are doing it ourselves. one by one. e no easy. we are purely hip hop and R and B group and very tight too. we really need sponsor to shoot a video of one of our tracks titled Fiesta. Anybody help us oooo. my email is cspear77@yahoo.com. Keep praying and you will get there someday as God almighty will soon locate you. wink
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by JustGood(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2007
send your demo to producers
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by daslick007(m): 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2007
any who wants to do a collabo, holla @ ur boy, i reside in Lagos, a student of L.A.S.U my mail addy is stevedslick@yahoo.com i do the rap thingy, i can make ur song a real bouncy one, check me out aight, ttyl
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by 2Legit: 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2007
you want western union?
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by oyinboaja: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by uto1: 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
sir with all this effort i have tried and now have also worked hard to make this dream to come true and i think its my turn to shine as a Nigerian artist and now i really need your support to help me towards my career, i have done my masters in a studio and now need some one to help me to fulfill the rest budget which i have in mind now and if i can be able to see any one who can open up to me to deliver what i have in me you will not regret it. in that case any body that want me in his own business concerning the entertainment industry i am available and also any body that want me to come over concerning the recording deal should call me on my mobile number +2348134216595 or +2348090570118. and these are my numbers and to tell you i want this album to be release out to the market by next month or unless the sponsor decides the way it should go but all i know is that i want to let the world know that Nigeria is talented in all things and also show that which God has projected in me.

thanks and God bless you as you call me for the business

Re: I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship by luvbrain(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
i have a song to realise but have no money so i need ur help on sponsorship

john

(1) (Reply)

Ursula Ice of Desperate Chicks - Back and Banging!!! / Official VIDEO: Patoranking – Another Level / Muno : Never Regret Instrumental Remake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.