Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,467 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

Uncle Charlie... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Uncle Charlie... (12114 Views)

My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncle Charlie... by beau49: 10:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
My condolences....

Beautiful writings btw.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Charlie... by Enkaynwa(f): 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
May God bless his soul.

You are a beautiful writer smiley

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by Ayofaks(f): 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is lovely Yuzedo...Nomso and Dumebi Ochugbua were my classmates in secondary school...never knew they've lost their dad. Rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by Artistree: 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
Yuzedo, my heartfelt condolences, may God give you the fortitude to bear the loss.
I have missed you on NL and had concluded you deactivated your account.

6 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by veave(f): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
yuzedo:
The pain of not being fully relieved of grief.... Of an inability to let it all out.

Of thinking everyday of the faithful departed, but more, of those left behind, without "adequate" comfort...

Some crosses are heavy.

..... Peace to all those mourning, amen.

Enu uwa bu olili, onye nosia o naba.

Diyeee nya nwannem. Ndidi ka mma

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by mustaphagreens(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yuzedo!!!! Where have you been
My sincerest condolences man, R.I.P. to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Charlie... by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
Initially thought it was one of Yuzedo's funny and crazy topics, maybe to Charly boy. But He's not dead sha. undecided

Yuzedo, I'm sorry about your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by bamidele2015: 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]GET CHEAP DATA BUNDLES AT VERY LOW RATE MTN 300GB FOR 3000, AIRTEL 250gb FOR 3000, GLO 300GB FOR 3000, ETISALAT 300GB FOR 3000 call 07062471665 DATA WORKS ON ALL DEVICE BOTH MOBILE AND PC
Re: Uncle Charlie... by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
Who's uncle Charlie?embarassed
Re: Uncle Charlie... by Mrslimblack(m): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
Chief Yuzedo, weep not for the demise of ur profound and charismatic father of friends friend uncle Charlie. Death death death, the irrevocable calamity of living race, why thou taketh away this man. It is pitiful
Re: Uncle Charlie... by AkpanUnanam(m): 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
let the death buried the death?indeed
Re: Uncle Charlie... by ccaramel(f): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
You are good writer.....don't waste this talent. I read every word and chuckled a few times.
RIP Uncle Charlie( I actually thot Charlie boy was dead for a minute) shocked
What about their mum? Uncle Charlie raised the 2 boys by himself?

1 Like

Re: Uncle Charlie... by Arysexy(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yuzedo the banana 'iceland' boss, ur English is flawless. Thumbs up.

RIP to ur uncle, death is inevitable

1 Like

Re: Uncle Charlie... by laplace12(m): 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
This joke is too complicated for most people here to figure out.

Yuzedo doesn't right this way. He writes better and clearer than this.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by englishmart(m): 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
yuzedo:
The pain of not being fully relieved of grief.... Of an inability to let it all out.

Of thinking everyday of the faithful departed, but more, of those left behind, without "adequate" comfort...

Some crosses are heavy.

..... Peace to all those mourning, amen.
no vex o. Who's uncle Charlie

1 Like

Re: Uncle Charlie... by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sorry about your loss 'massa' Yuzedo.
Re: Uncle Charlie... by daliki: 11:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Beloved "Yuzedo"..I've been looking out for you for a while. Not seen your comments in a while too........While you were away; some people took over your dear "switus omaleecha nwanyii ReetaDomneek".!!
I'M SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS!
Great fan of yours here!

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by devour129: 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
Take heart chief . On another note, where have you been ?

1 Like

Re: Uncle Charlie... by luv2talk(m): 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
2sExy1:
Accept my sincere condolences. Death be not proud.

Wow, You remind be of the poem i read for 2001 UME... Death Be not Proud By John Keat i love it cool cool smiley smiley
Re: Uncle Charlie... by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
My Condolences High Chief Sweetus.. May Uncle Charlie RIP

1 Like

Re: Uncle Charlie... by pazienza(m): 11:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Wow! Even the queen herself, would be impressed with your command of English language. Your writing style is so fluid!

May heaven receive the soul of the dead, and give the living the heart to bear the loss.

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by delors(m): 11:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yoh yudezo, even though most of the time, you sound like a big fart, this time you tried to sound intelligible but this extremely amazing. But next time though, don't freaking treat everyone like poets or students of literature in English. Communication is when audience understands and appreciates the substance or essence of communication.
Thanks but improve and simplify some of your rhetorical and extremely unintelligible sentences.

#Peace

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by vicadex07(m): 11:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
Rip uncle charlie. Yuzedo really made me feel like he was my family member with his brilliant and vivid analogy.

Uncle charlie was such a wonderful man

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by freecocoa(f): 12:09am On Mar 12, 2015
yuzedo:
The usual evening conversation between my mother and I while she cooked was interrupted at 7 o’clock. Opening the door to our flat, I let in an extremely downcast Nomso, who upon greeting my mom, asked for my presence in their home on his dad’s request.

I was perturbed! As the official neighborhood rascal and serial mischief-maker, I could hardly keep track of which debauchery committed was responsible for my summoning, and Nomso’s stoic countenance and reticence was not helping my frantic recollection efforts.

We arrived their downstairs apartment in less than a minute, and my heart thumped as Papa Nomso welcomed me with a forced cheeriness, his pseudo-joviality being an attempt at keeping me relaxed. I knew from painful experience that it was most definitely the usual grown person trick to lull me into a false sense of security and so kept my guard up, even as my brain stayed churning plausible excuses and alibis to utilize in the inevitable eventuality of whatever accusation(s) being thrown at me. Dumebi, the second son and my playmate stood morose in a corner, devoid of his customary liveliness. I knew this was big.

“Dimma, how was school today?” Papa Nomso asked.

“Fine?” I responded tentatively. School was NEVER fine, after all, and surely, I was not there to discuss the goodness of education. Or was I?

As if reading my thoughts, Papa Nomso continued, “I know you are busy helping your mom upstairs and I don’t want to keep you for long. You see, your friends and I are reviewing their homework and can’t get past a particular math question. Want to know if you can help?”

Simultaneous feelings of relief at not being called out to answer war crime charges, and amplified anxiety at the strong possibility of failing whatever Rocket Science that my friends could not answer immediately took hold of me. However, I knew I was not being given a choice as to whether I wanted to answer on not; I was there to either console or fuel the anger of Papa Nomso on account of his sons’ temporary lack of wit, and probably give him reason to tear at the falling academic standards characterized by our collective obtuseness.

I nodded my readiness to attempt this great, perhaps cancer-curing equation I would be required to solve. I didn’t feel very optimistic.

“What is a quarter of one hundr………. If a boy has a hundred kobo and is asked to divide it amongst four friends, how much would each person get?”

For a second I stared in confusion. undecided

Confused, not at difficulty of the question, but the utter simplicity. My rapidly gaping mouth and expression of ridiculous confoundment must have given my friends a false sense of hope as they silently willed me to fail the question, even as their dad looked on in that second that lasted forever.

“Twenty-five kobo.”, I answered with a mixture of assured conviction and lingering doubt as to the true motive of what was surely a trick question.

Papa Nomso vibrated with what was undoubtedly a cocktail of emotions including righteous anger, happiness, pride, disappointment and the sweet, sweet feeling of justification for what(ever) course of action he was going to take next. These feelings were so overwhelming, he couldn’t contain himself as he rushed towards me, hands outstretched to shake mine, and concomitantly reaching to hug me.

Dumebi and Nomso cursed me in crestfallen despair, surely weeping in their hearts.

The next few seconds saw me being hastened out of the house by a man who needed immediate gratification through the expression of a well of emotions. A man who, neither for all the silver in the world, nor all the entreaties of its noblemen would deviate or reconsider his next course of action. His exact feelings needed conveyance, and a second’s delay could not be afforded.

I said a prayer for my friends. But even I knew it was futile.

I got back upstairs just as the first peal of thunder broke the tranquility of the night. It was as strange as it was ironic, given that the weather remained as clement as paradise is imagined to be. Rapid claps of cannon-sounding, pain-dispensing cane lashes interjected by the anguished cries of two young souls in torture rent the air. It was a deadly day.

The thrashing was not the only stiff measure Papa Nomso took against the boys, as their TV and video gaming privileges were withdrawn, as were the daily Mr. Biggs treats. He personally undertook their coaching on an intensive scale.

Result of that vehement intervention?

Dumebi left me behind the next year when he achieved an effortless double-promotion in a special exam at our school, which I spectacularly bungled.

Nomso was admitted on merit to Federal Government College, Warri to commence his secondary education.

ME?

My backside remained welt-free for the duration of my education, and I went ahead to not only supply the last four digits in Pi, but was also responsible for finally bringing peace to the Middle East. wink grin

Ya. **insert visuals of my most idiotic, drooling face here** sad

#
this, sir, is simply awe-inspiring, you have a gift, you should write more. wink

Do please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your friend and mentor.

I felt like I was there while reading this. You write so beautifully.

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by homerac7: 12:18am On Mar 12, 2015
Funny but strange, your late uncle Charles was my neighbour in Ojodu before he moved down to ASABA last year. I know Dumebi very well, but not the other guy. Your uncle was a very gentle and friendly person; actually the first friend I made on the street despite the generational age difference. He's sorely missed by the community out here, and may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by dre11(m): 12:23am On Mar 12, 2015
I got back upstairs just as the first peal of thunder broke the tranquility of the night. It was as strange as it was ironic, given that the weather remained as clement as paradise is imagined to be. Rapid claps of cannon-sounding, pain-dispensing cane lashes interjected by the anguished cries of two young souls in torture rent the air. It was a deadly day.

The thrashing was not the only stiff measure Papa Nomso took against the boys, as their TV and video gaming privileges were withdrawn, as were the daily Mr. Biggs treats. He personally undertook their coaching on an intensive scale.

Result of that vehement intervention?

Dumebi left me behind the next year when he achieved an effortless double-promotion in a special exam at our school, which I spectacularly bungled.

Nomso was admitted on merit to Federal Government College, Warri to commence his secondary education.

ME?

My backside remained welt-free for the duration of my education, and I went ahead to not only supply the last four digits in Pi, but was also responsible for finally bringing peace to the Middle East.

Ya. **insert visuals of my most idiotic, drooling face here**

I love this metaphoric flow in your writing.........
Such a nice choice of words, flow and communication.

RIP to charlie

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by britiko: 12:37am On Mar 12, 2015
RIP uncle Charles. May God console u.
Whoa,what a vivid narration.
Its nice seeing another side of u
All I knew about was yuzedo of banana Iceland
And his mansions.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Charlie... by Adelekebalogun: 12:51am On Mar 12, 2015
NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE(NCS) RECRUITMENT FORM (REPLACEMENT) IS CURRENTLY ON SALES,2015 RECRUITMENT TRAINING OF THE SERVICES IS ON FOR ENTRY..CONTACT SUPRITENDENT MRS FAITH NO. QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED ARE:- 0,LEVEL, NCE, LABTECH, ND, OND, HND, BSC. ALL INTERESTED APPLICANT ARE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE OR CALL THE OFFICER INCHARGE OF THE FORM ON HOW TO GET IT. INQUIRIES AND PURCHASE CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE ON HOW TO GET IT. NAME:SUPRITENDENT MR ADE NO:08066442502
Re: Uncle Charlie... by kobonaire(m): 12:55am On Mar 12, 2015
RIP ..... Well written eulogy by the prince of banana ice land . My condolences @ yuzedo
Re: Uncle Charlie... by muaa(f): 1:05am On Mar 12, 2015
I cant say i knw how u feel, only GOD does. May He giv you the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Uncle Charlie... by AreaFada2: 3:15am On Mar 12, 2015
My condolences.
Re: Uncle Charlie... by fairytale(f): 3:29am On Mar 12, 2015
Royver:
Sorry for your loss.

It beats my imagination why I haven't read a story from you in the literature section.
RIP mr charles.I thought i'm the only one that noticed it.damnn!!never knew yuzedo commands English this much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Launches 6820, Short Service Code To Report Domestic Violence, Child Abuse / A Mother's Letter To Her Unborn Child / Five Year Old Boy Opts To Become A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.