Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? (2859 Views)

Before You Marry A Military Man / "Never Marry A Bleacher" - Nigerian Man Currently Married To One Cries Out / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by maclatunji: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
chaircover:
Mac good question and I understand where you are going, however you have to understand the limtations of man. No one is perfect and no individual is perfect

Only God doesnt have an off day . . .the rest of humanity do have off days and even the the most wise man will on the off day make a bad descsion and its in everyones best interest if the wife can step up and respectfully let her husband know/do something about it.

Marriage is the coming together of 2 great but not so perfect people to produce a better and stronger team.

There are some things that my hubby is much better than me at and there are some things that I do better than hubby
It will therefore be silly of both of us to insist and say it must be my way when infact he does that particular thing better.

Having said all that if there is respect and at least one party is prepared to be mature about things when things so go wrong like Ewuro4 detiailed in her post, then there wont be a power tussle and issues will be resolved without much blood on the wall

Abi. Thanks for the input, you see some rivalries between spouses and you're like: did you guys get married at gun point and like Ewuro wrote: you are still going to make love?

#Incredible

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by Ewuro4: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
Mac Yes. grin and Thank God you brought it up.

I hope they learn before it's too late. Most African men will resort to domestic violence (that's what they know best), oyinbo man will serve you divorce papers in the parking lot. grin

@your last quote; Preach!

Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by natureblack(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
chaircover:
Mac good question and I understand where you are going, however you have to understand the limtations of man. No one is perfect and no individual is perfect

Only God doesnt have an off day . . .the rest of humanity do have off days and even the the most wise man will on the off day make a bad descsion and its in everyones best interest if the wife can step up and respectfully let her husband know/do something about it.

Marriage is the coming together of 2 great but not so perfect people to produce a better and stronger team.

There are some things that my hubby is much better than me at and there are some things that I do better than hubby
It will therefore be silly of both of us to insist and say it must be my way when infact he does that particular thing better.

Having said all that if there is respect and at least one party is prepared to be mature about things when things so go wrong like Ewuro4 detiailed in her post, then there wont be a power tussle and issues will be resolved without much blood on the wall
I agree with you.

We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone-but paradoxically,if we cannot trust,neither can we find love or joy.
Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by Evina(f): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
Wow! This is a fantastic thread!

Ewuro4, great insight! smiley

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by greatgod2012(f): 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
maclatunji:

Good afternoon, you are a very patient lady, it reflects in your story and your posts too. Your example answers my question. I interact with sone ladies and their attitude is like; "I am smarter and better than any man", I just wonder how they want to sustain marriage with such mindset.

thank you!

Power tussle in marriage...............beginning of violence and divorce.
Arguement in the presence of the kids............nowonder many youths today are naturally violent and believes that everything should be by violence.

What happens to effective communication, without raising of voice, without sentiment and without blackmail.
This life is easy jare but for those who take it easy.
Anyone that makes mistake is for lesson for such a person.

Ewuro4, i love your points. More wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
greatgod2012:
No perfect human being on earth. I trusted his sense of judgement before i married him andhe also trusted mine, but that does not mean his own decision must always prevail in the house, we both have to make suggestion and look critically at the best decision and make use of it, that does not mean the person that made the unused decision is not wise or trusted enough, if one's decision do not prevail today, it might tomorrow. In marriage, no one should be seen as the almighty, whose decision must always be adhered to. That is the essence of marriage. No competition but complement and mutual understanding. In as much as it possible to make mistakes once in a while, it does not exclude man, even as the head of the home.

Completely agree.
Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by TooNoisy(f): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
greatgod2012:
No perfect human being on earth. I trusted his sense of judgement before i married him andhe also trusted mine, but that does not mean his own decision must always prevail in the house, we both have to make suggestion and look critically at the best decision and make use of it, that does not mean the person that made the unused decision is not wise or trusted enough, if one's decision do not prevail today, it might tomorrow. In marriage, no one should be seen as the almighty, whose decision must always be adhered to. That is the essence of marriage. No competition but complement and mutual understanding. In as much as it possible to make mistakes once in a while, it does not exclude man, even as the head of the home.

Standing ovation for you ma

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by TooNoisy(f): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
cococandy:
Why do some men marry women they don't trust?
If the wife is not trustworthy enough to be reasonable and contribute sensibly to the home decision making and upkeep, why marry her?

If his judgment must always be the correct one,it means he doesn't believe he's marrying a trustworthy mature adult whose POV and opinion should always be on the table alongside his for consideration and the best option of the two chosen In the end.

If a man feels like his wife should always go along with whatever he says regardless of how it affects her or the home in general,then he doesn't need a wife.

He needs to be by himself since he is self sufficient and all-knowing.

Or is trust one sided?

You are becoming dumber and dumber with every post

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by TooNoisy(f): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
freecocoa:

Men are more desperate for marriage if you ask me and know how to pretend to be all a woman wants, only to change for the worse and because of the pressure on women to marry, most of these women don't really take their time to study their suitors before marrying him.

Don't you think your above post is contradictory? Men are more desperate for marriage but women are under a lot of pressure to marry?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by TooNoisy(f): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ewuro4:

grin I guess that's a good reason too.

@OP... Life's not white and black. Even a trusted husband still make mistakes over and over again in marriage, so what should we do about that, call him a dumbo to his face, regret marrying him and give up,or the ultimate, kuku divorce him ?? grin

More importantly, Marriage is a continuous learning experience ; we mature in it and our reasonings, decisions & judgement about different situation change as we grow in it. Marriage is full of surprises my friend.

You will live long.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by TooNoisy(f): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Will that decision and good judgement include bringing in his mistress as a second wife?

Why are you so dumb. At your age, you reason like a toddler.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by crackhaus: 9:44am On Mar 08, 2015
freecocoa:
I can't marry someone I can't trust.

Isn't it possible that those women trusted the men before marriage, only for them to show their true colors afterwards?.

Men are more desperate for marriage if you ask me and know how to pretend to be all a woman wants, only to change for the worse and because of the pressure on women to marry, most of these women don't really take their time to study their suitors before marrying him.

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=crackhaus post=31414690][/quote]

Buhahaha grin

Badt guy.

Over sabi dey cause contradiction.
Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by MMotimo: 3:00am On Mar 09, 2015
I am trying to understand the opening post. I feel like it is suggesting that men are/should be the decision makers in the home and it's asking if the wife would fall in line or not? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong?

To answer the questions, no, I would not marry someone whose decision making I could not trust but if they were willing to listen to my input on decision making and willing to consider my decision/stance objectively, I could still marry that person.

Dictators of any kind don't last long in my life, I am prone to rebel against such people and would never have married one. Backgrounds also come into play here, my Mom made major decisions all the time without permission, she just did what felt right. My parents were not the type to decide which school you went into or course in university (exception being primary and secondary school) and not the type to dash around with how to get you in, you sank or swam on your own ability. I started making life decisions for myself before I left secondary school - which university, what course, which JAMB school, job, what I wanted in a spouse/ whom to marry, when to leave the country, etc. I do my research well ahead of major decisions and I can humbly say they have been relatively solid decisions without regrets.

As a result, my decision making for the household (including finances) is highly respected by my spouse because he knows I do my research, the household's overall good is always my priority and frankly, it takes the pressure off him. I just make sure I have his buy in - which is almost always guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust? by freecocoa(f): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=crackhaus post=31414690][/quote]Your point?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help Urgently. / What Seemingly Opposing Charateristics Do You Want In A Lover (life/movies) / Boy, 15, Who Impregnated 10-year-old Colombian Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.