Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff (25847 Views)

90% Of First Batch N-power Beneficiaries Have BVN Clearance – Presidency / Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria / Discrimination Against Contract Staff During Interviews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Na to dey ask Oga weda his shoes need polishing 3-6 times in a day be that lipsrsealed grin

Abeg, my colleagues wey dey here, make una find anoda method like asking Security Officer to forget about opening doors and carrying his briefcase angry tongue
It is well kiss cool
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
wristwatch:
The lesson I learnt from this oil slump is MAKE HAY WHEN SUNSHINES.
WORD!
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by GodMode: 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
ttmacoy:
Wow the level of conspiracies that fly around Nigeria is amazing. If the same level of imagination was applied to positive things Nigeria would be great.

Oil started to fall before the sanctions on Russia. It started due to slowing demand from China who has been the biggest importer of oil past few years and a combination of America starting to export o due to shake gas boom. This shale gas boom has been in the making over 10 years and did not start over night because of Russia or to break up Nigeria.

The oil price was also pushed by increasing production from Libya and Iraq. When there is too much supply price and demand falls. Simple economics.

Nigeria should take responsibility for failing to utilise the oil funds wisely and stop blaming any other country. Learn to take responsibility and admit Nigeria messes up real bad and not for the first time all for greed and individual selfish materialistic ambitions.

Nigeria has "corrupt leaders" which affects the citizens... Nigeria didn't mess up.

The citizens don't have favourable business environments..

Citizens that want to invest in agriculture have to do so without govt funding.

If the businesses are eventually created govt(corrupt leaders) go into "exploitation mode"...

1 Like

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
"Business Sustainability in a Challenging Economic Environment" - This would be a nice research topic for graduate and prospective graduate students.

1 Like

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by ttmacoy: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
At least we can agree that the problems are due to Nigeria not investing widely in other sectors like agriculture and not because other countries want to break up Nigeria.

Regarding bad leaders, the leaders of a country are a reflection of the people so I stand by my point that Nigeria messed up real bad. The corruption does not start and end with the leaders, the whole country is corrupt.

The mentality of the average Nigerian needs to change for Nigeria to make good progress.

GodMode:

Nigeria has "corrupt leaders" which affects the citizens... Nigeria didn't mess up.

The citizens don't have favourable business environments..

Citizens that want to invest in agriculture have to do so without govt funding.

If the businesses are eventually created govt(corrupt leaders) go into "exploitation mode"...

2 Likes

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by iykedare(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
ollyruffy:
Nah only addax? Many oil workers are already losing their jobs.

The funny thing in Nigeria is that these multinational coys will lay off nigerians in numbers while still keeping many foreign workers in the country. Thanks to our system collapse that has affected enforcement of our labour laws.

As far as i know, we lack no governance in this country.

We need to vote wisely on March 28 to save this country.

Let us separate religion and tribal difference from electing leaders that will have the interest of the common man at heart.

You are right. Most oil firms , especially those that deal with production and exploration,have started laying off their workers.

You said that most of the people being laid off are Nigerians. Yeah and rightly so. Nigerians make up the dead wood of most oil firms in nigeria. If you work in such firm,you will agree with me on that.
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by UnimkeAk(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Yeahreen:
So sad...hope dey employ new contracts staffs...I will apply sharply
Lol
I d ur back
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
OK..lemme get something straight, banking sector ain't safe, petroleum sector ain't safe too. What's the next big thing? Things are really falling apart undecided
power bra... it's warming up.
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by rasaqdayo: 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
I do question so many times if we the Nigerian youth really understand our problem? Certificates doesn't imply literacy. Maybe we need to revisit the meaning of education so we could determine if we are really educated. A well exposed and informed youth would be less sentimental on issues affecting this nation presently. You will understand the nation is worth crying for if you have ever lived outside this nation especially in the Europe or Asia.

1 Like

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Faraidi(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
sayso:
http://energymixreport.com/addax-retrenches-over-90-of-its-contract-staff/

Chinese company na waooohhh.
Govt should put a stop to contract employment.
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by GodMode: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
ttmacoy:
At least we can agree that the problems are due to Nigeria not investing widely in other sectors like agriculture and not because other countries want to break up Nigeria.

Regarding bad leaders, the leaders of a country are a reflection of the people so I stand by my point that Nigeria messed up real bad. The corruption does not start and end with the leaders, the whole country is corrupt.

The mentality of the average Nigerian needs to change for Nigeria to make good progress.

You say "the problems are due to Nigeria not investing widely in other sectors"...

my point is Nigerians (not Nigeria which to me means the govt) would invest but govt exploitation or unfavourable govt policies is another problem.

To me, the leaders of a country are not the reflection of the people... Not every Nigerian is corrupt, corruption started from the leaders and there's no organisation to check the excesses of the govt or those who violate laws...

Would a corrupt govt arrest itself
Can a corrupt govt fight corruption
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by mibroko: 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Inaccurate information.

1 Like

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by munex007(m): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
Goofy the country is dying and u still saying gej till 2019..Can't you think ? Pdp has reach dere dead end..

intergral:
3D things....... GEJ till 9ja learns it lessons
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Sunymoore(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
This country is messed up already... Hmm I don't feel like a Nigerian anymore... Not because of the recent oil price drop but the the mentality of average Nigerian...
I now begin to be soft on Igbos and there Biafran agenda... My people from South East do what you can do to liberate your selves.. This county will surely go down soon... Things are not totally in order.. The government is corrupted t and the people are more corrupted... The government have been enjoying steady oil prices for years, but it never occurred to them to diversify the economy, now that the prices are down, the whole County is going down the gutter... God bless every hardworking government and people

1 Like

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by synergycom19: 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
The economy ruin by GEJ clueless team of PHD(pull him down) HOLDERS
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by DuchessLily(f): 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
Na waoo....and banks r sacking too

Increasing num of unemployed peeps
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Thessyjagz(f): 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Oil Price Volatility. TPE 212.
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by souladot(m): 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello friends. The Millionaires' Club is a big opportunity for u if u want out of this rat race of salary alert. we preach financial freedom in a blessed and unique way. visit tmcwealthyplace..com so we can connect
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by zinoad: 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2015

Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by ikeyman00(m): 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
@@

The zoo called Nigeria falling apart.

we are going to Biafra
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by Pluslargent(m): 11:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Let not be too pessimistic oil price like a lot of things in life are in cycles,,,boom and bust,,,so my words of encouragement to my country men,,keep your head up for this too shall pass.
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by intergral(m): 12:01am On Mar 05, 2015
munex007:
Goofy the country is dying and u still saying gej till 2019..Can't you think ? Pdp has reach dere dead end..

dude read what I just posted again," I said gej till nigerians learn their less" or lemme make it simple for you " GEJ till Nigerians and PEJ gets wise enough to start collecting their change from their conductor"
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by juman(m): 1:07am On Mar 05, 2015
Nigerian 'leaders' lack the capacity and capability to run a sensible country.
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by SeanDada1(m): 2:45am On Mar 05, 2015
So, no more DIWOP Meeting again for me @ presidential hotel PH? Na wa o!!
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by rasaqdayo: 7:24am On Mar 05, 2015
Why do we have the word "united" in the name of countries like US and UK. Even the old Chinese emperor knew what benefit would be made from uniting all the lands and their languages to make the land called "China". I have been to the Biafran states in this nation and I could only question, "Despite the relatively excessive state allocation given over the years to their state leaders compared to many states in the south-western part, why are the Biafran youths so quiet and contented if they were conscious of the liberation movement they fought?". Are we treating our ailment with the appropriate medicine? I could not help but envy that "great" killer in Ghana.... angry
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by raydodgemanhill: 8:32am On Mar 05, 2015
It's a lie.....Addax is involved in a TAX ROW with NNPC which has led to NNPC overlifting crude.....It's not about the global oil slump
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by LastProphet: 8:32am On Mar 05, 2015
GodMode:
Fall in oil price is to weaken the financial strength of countries that rely on oil..

Unfortunately Nigeria falls in this category... Their plans to break-up Nigeria is gradually been achieved...

Unfortunately most Nigerians are too gullible to read between the lines..

Unfortunately nigerian leaders are corrupt...

And why do they want to break up Nigeria?
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by raydodgemanhill: 8:33am On Mar 05, 2015
SeanDada1:
So, no more DIWOP Meeting again for me @ presidential hotel PH? Na wa o!!

Oga its DWOP not DIWOP.....
Re: Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff by GodMode: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2015
LastProphet:

And why do they want to break up Nigeria?

Good question Now answer it yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brimstone Golden Concept Interview Invite / NYSC Recruitment 2013 / 2 Simple And Smart Strategies To Get A Job On Linkedin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.