Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court (775 Views)

Buhari Should Speak On $48m, Nigerians Doubting His Corruption War – SERAP / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by Okimski(m): 2:09am On Mar 05, 2015
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, minister of
finance and coordinating minister of
the economy, says she is ready to
face advocacy group, Socio-Economic
Rights and Accountability Project
(SERAP), in court over alleged
missing N30 trillion.
SERAP had filed a suit against
Okonjo-Iweala at a federal high court
in Lagos, challenging her to account
for the missing money – an allegation
levelled by Chukwuma Soludo, former
governor of the Central Bank of
Nigeria.
“It has come to our attention that a
so-called civil society group, the
Socio-Economic Rights and
Accountability Project (SERAP), has
brought a politically-motivated suit
against the coordinating minister for
the economy and minister for finance,
Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala based on the
discredited N30 trillion allegation by
Professor Charles Soludo,” she said
through Paul Nwabuikwu, her special
adviser on Tuesday.
“The suit is the latest in the
campaign of falsehood and
politicisation of the economy by
persons and groups who are getting
more desperate by the day because
the economy, despite their
propaganda, is still standing and will
continue to stand. Like their previous
efforts, this latest one will fail
because Nigerians can see through
their antics.”
Okonjo-Iweala stated that SERAP was
“nothing but a political tool of the
opposition hiding behind the façade
of advocacy”.
“We look forward to meeting SERAP
in court,” she added.

http://www.thecable.ng/okonjo-iweala-will-meet-serap-court

Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by koboko69: 2:15am On Mar 05, 2015
This head tie woman that confuses Jonathan with bogus figures and abrakadabra economics whenever he is drunk, your days are numbered. You better start asking Bode George how the place is..so you will an idea before u enter there
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by egift(m): 2:19am On Mar 05, 2015
A fully revelation of what has been stolen under Jonathan will scare the life out of the devil himself.

I just hope the case is not just a smoke screen. Though it will do nothing.
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by Jellyjust: 4:49am On Mar 05, 2015
yeye the smell, advocacy groups every where milking the hell out of our dumb politicians in the name of advocating. today some will file a suit challenging GEJ's candidacy,tomorrow another will file a suit asking for GMB's certificate, another on partial distribution of PVC, another on non registration of a non existed party and some Nigerians have refused to see the motives behind all these 'wrong groups' calling themselves ' right' God help Nigeria
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by Adegbodolu1: 5:25am On Mar 05, 2015
The woman is a bloody Scammer...........scammed OBJ just because of her silly little (affirmative action) admin job at the World Bank.

Under her watch the much touted 'largest economy' in Africa is about to crumble, less than 2 years after her re-basing scam.

Can stand people from her region.
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by M4gunners: 5:38am On Mar 05, 2015
If She is a Scamer as some people are calling her, then join her in the court period.
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by Welrez(m): 6:32am On Mar 05, 2015
The way we call trillions, one might think it is a chicken-feed. As far as I'm concerned, stealing one trillion would ground our govt, let alone thirty trillion.
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by a2personal2013: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2015
I love her confidence !!! She obviously knows her onions. I'm sure the so-called SERAP will withdraw their case. She should advice them to come with Prof so that he can give them an insight into his proclaimed statistical figures. NOI, we are behind you on this falsehood. 30 trillion my foot
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by kingjoo: 10:30am On Mar 05, 2015
hmmm. court case all over the placehmmm. court case all over the placehmmm. court case all over the place
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by kingjoo: 10:30am On Mar 05, 2015
Adegbodolu1:
The woman is a bloody Scammer...........scammed OBJ just because of her silly little (affirmative action) admin job at the World Bank.

Under her watch the much touted 'largest economy' in Africa is about to crumble, less than 2 years after her re-basing scam.

Can stand people from her region.
I just wonder how people can forget this easily. Is it not this same " scammer that does admin job with world Bank" that initiated and successfully actualized Nigerian debt forgiveness. is it not the same woman that grew Nigerian foreign reserve under OBJ adminstration.
I read through Soludo's letter, as much as i respect him, I was appalled how he was appropriating NOI achievements to himself.
Now the question is what has changed with this same woman Nigerians were singing her praise?
Re: Okonjo- Iweala: We Will Meet SERAP In Court by ojongowire: 10:35am On Mar 05, 2015
Have fun, live fun and be fun.

Enjoy every moments of your life.

No regretes, no excuse, let's the real fun begins @

http://ojongowire.com

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day:nigerian Woman Carrying A Generator Set At Lagos Island Market / Trasformation or Change. Youth centered Debate on Channels TV Today / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan & Gen. Muhammadu Buhari | Who Will You Vote4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.