Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,798 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription (9147 Views)

DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React / You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 6:33am On Mar 05, 2015
If your dstv subsription is killing you,all you need do is to think outside the box:
1 free to air,it is the best alternative,just get a free to air decoder and a sat dish the bigger the better motorise it and watch live football matches,movies,cartoon,series etc.imagine if you have been saving 11k for the past 10yrs you would have beome a landlord in the suburbs.
2 Dongle:if you are a shock absober just get yourself Qsat and your life will not remain the same.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by lightoftruth: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Please explain....how do you motorize it .
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 7:24am On Mar 05, 2015
3 dstv or gotv plus laptop:download software into your lap connect to your decoder software is in chinese this is for professionals #white hackers #grey hackers #black hackers respect
4 streaming: if you have access to cheap internet you can watch your channels thru qsat,android phones,laptops etc
5 share your dstv with your neighbours and share payment
6 other paytv
7 do it yourself visit satellite tv technology for details
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 7:33am On Mar 05, 2015
lightoftruth:
Please explain....how do you motorize it .
you need a jack and positioner or visit nairaland satellite tv technology/how to motorise dish.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
bigabbey:
If your dstv subsription is killing you,all you need do is to think outside the box:
1 free to air,it is the best alternative,just get a free to air decoder and a sat dish the bigger the better motorise it and watch live football matches,movies,cartoon,series etc.imagine if you have been saving 11k for the past 10yrs you would have beome a landlord in the suburbs.
2 Dongle:if you are a shock absober just get yourself Qsat and your life will not remain the same.
can we discuss more on dis free to air stuff please? How reliable is it?
7C1A680E
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 12:32am On Mar 06, 2015
Justosaus:

can we discuss more on dis free to air stuff please? How reliable is it?
7C1A680E
It is reliable it's just that you might not get the kind of channel you paid for. visit nairaland satellite tv technology about fta or mail me abbey1468@Yahoo.com
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
bigabbey:

It is reliable it's just that you might not get the kind of channel you paid for. visit nairaland satellite tv technology about fta or mail me abbey1468@Yahoo.com
sent u a mail
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 2:26am On Mar 10, 2015
No monthly bills,just free.fta decoder + dish is enough.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Apart from using ur fta decoder to watch tv,u can also use it to watch youtube,google map,weather,online radio,tv,newspaper,games etc.qsat or strong decoders are the true explorers, try and get one today and be free!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
When i read the comments of dstv agents,i say it's story for the gods,the money dstv spend in upgrading against dongles,it's their subscribers that are paying for it,i just pity their subscribers.most people don't know that they have alternative in fTA and most broadcaster don't know that to have a share in the market is thru ftA.take the case of multitv.where is infinity,daarsat, hitv etc.if not for strong decoders mytv would ve followed.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
I remembered lies multichoice told us in the late 90s that they can't continue to broadcast on cable that we ve to upgrade to satellite,then they had 3 bouquet detail,comet & ABG.when they saw the competion startimes brought they now went back to their vomit in launching gotv i wonder who is fooling who .just pray that APC doesn't win this electin because consat is going to give you a run for your money .
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by armadeo(m): 12:18am On Mar 30, 2015
bigabbey:
When i read the comments of dstv agents,i say it's story for the gods,the money dstv spend in upgrading against dongles,it's their subscribers that are paying for it,i just pity their subscribers.most people don't know that they have alternative in fTA and most broadcaster don't know that to have a share in the market is thru ftA.take the case of multitv.where is infinity,daarsat, hitv etc.if not for strong decoders mytv would ve followed.

Links to the content on FTA. I would like to peruse through
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2015
just visit nairaland satellite tv technology and set yourself free.
just visit nairaland satellite tv technology and set yourself free.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 7:31am On Apr 02, 2015
Now that APC is in power, consat we want u to go and bid for nigeria or west africa right for EPL and ur subscription must not be more than #5000.Nigerians can't b paying thru their nose because they want to watch tv.don't b afraid because hitv failed u too will fail.or else dongle will continue.DSTV HAVE YOU CAUGHT THE CHANGE FEVER YET? Set urself free my people!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 4:44am On Apr 03, 2015
Movies galore this easter,there is never a dull moment on fta.get connected now!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 6:56am On Apr 09, 2015
All u need for free to air is HD decoder and a dish and enjoy true explorer. be free!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 5:42am On Apr 21, 2015
what you pay to watch we watch it free and i mean free except you don't know where to shop. If you are not on free to air yet you are missing something.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 2:28am On May 03, 2015
Nothing like free to air!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 6:57am On May 11, 2015
I keep saying it if u are paying more than #5k for premium channels you are over paying.why pay when you can watch free.visit nairaland satellite tv technology and set yourself free!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 9:33pm On May 12, 2015
Try and get a free to air decoder and set yourself free.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by Sheggy13(m): 7:14am On May 13, 2015
bigabbey:
Try and get a free to air decoder and set yourself free.
Which of the FTA guarantees u decent amount of sports, movies (local and Intl), news and music without using dishes above 90cm..is it Amos 16E or MultiTV you're advocating for?
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 6:07pm On May 13, 2015
Free to air nothing like it.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 3:52pm On May 17, 2015
Are u having fun ?'cos we are! it can only get better with free to air.say no to exploitation.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 4:51pm On May 17, 2015
Imagine what would become of dstv if startimes wins epl rights and allows its nova bouquet subscribers to have access to it for as low as #20 per day! dstv would be like startimes haaaa!!! when we are exploiting Nigerians you are setting them free.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 12:45pm On May 23, 2015
It can only get better with free to air,with new and powerful decoders coming to town now,you can do stuffs unimaginable.fta rules.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 6:50am On May 29, 2015
Why pay when u can watch free,say no to dstv exploitation now,set yourself free!!!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 7:45am On May 29, 2015
Dstv to Judge:you too can have access to our channels free like other top government officials,just let us continue to exploit Nigerians.
Judge to dstv:please, with all pleasure i send Nigerians.
free to air rules!
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 4:31am On Jun 01, 2015
For those that are clamouring for pay per view, star times has a good good package for you just visit free to air satellite tv technology to learn more.very soon dstv will be living on past glory i thought they said pay per view is not possible.fta rules
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bolajJP007: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
I have free to air but it scramles indiscriminately, especially when watching a live match. I only get to watch live matches on Canalfoot and Canal+. Its french commentary.
I also have another where I watch mbc but the jsc sports dont show and I don't know how to get showtime sports in Ibadan.
Its killing having to go out to watch matches every time.
I have dstv also, a pvr dual view decoder for that matter but having to pay about N16k monthly is killing. I stopped paying when it was N13,450 monthly.
Guess any1 out there can help my plight.
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=bolajJP007 post=34323177]I have free to air but it scramles indiscriminately, especially when watching a live match. I only get to watch live matches on Canalfoot and Canal+. Its french commentary.
I also have another where I watch mbc but the jsc sports dont show and I don't know how to get showtime sports in Ibadan.
Its killing having to go out to watch matches every time.
I have dstv also, a pvr dual view decoder for that matter but having to pay about N16k monthly is killing. I stopp
Re: 7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription by bigabbey: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
@bolajjp007 try and reposition your dish to Irib on Arabsat that is where you get to watch live matches or better still click on free to air satellite tv technology to learn more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JOIN WAEC Candidates Whatsapp Group Chat By Examrelief / Nawa Oh! Naija Spider Girl. / Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.