Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? (2335 Views)

God And His Angels. / Where do Atheists go when they die? / Do Spirits Of People Live After They Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by adetunrayo(f): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2006
hi guy how are you all today,
here is a topic I will like you all to discuss
DO HUMANS BECOME ANGELS WHEN THEY?
I will be expecting your views on this
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by drcalux(m): 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2006
no they dont and i know u have read the topic in awake! magazine and u really want to share it with someone
are u a jehovah witness broda?
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by Necorios(m): 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2006
Angel ko,alujonu ni, if you die nw either u went to heaven or burn to ashes & d ashes wil wil kip on flamng in hell,my bros-angels re already there,here,everywhre,u re wht u re and if u die dats d end of wht u re! Except GOD re-creates you inform of angel and thats posible only if you re righteous all ur lyf! NECO.
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by firestar(f): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2006
smiley[b][/b][color=#550000][/color]

[url][/url]

U definitely have been reading the Awake!
But to answer that question, u could read that issue for answers.

Firestar.
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by kokoletz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2006
Girl sorry for these, I called this questn a Rhetorical one i.e it does nt deserve an answer. I beg who don die among us before wey fit tell us how d land of d dead be. U better carry ur questn go meet baba God in prayer and stop asking d living about d dead.
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by kelchizer(m): 12:01am On Oct 15, 2006
baby girl, even the angels said that we should not seek the living among the dead, so please obey that command that says "give to ceaser what is ceaser's" and leave the questions of the walking-dead for them to ask and answer?
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:47am On Oct 22, 2006
@ adetunrayo

hi guy how are you all today, here is a topic I will like you all to discuss DO HUMANS BECOME ANGELS WHEN THEY?
I will be expecting your views on this

Not as far as the bible teaches. Angels are of another order of beings. We were made a little lower than them.

There is a common belief that christians in the after life will become spiritual beings, or exist in a similar form like angels. As much as it sounds great an idea, it is not biblical.

The redeemed will still possess a body, just as Christ presently has a body. The difference is, our bodies like Christ would have been glorified. Listen as Paul confirms:

Philippians 3 : 21
Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by thimbook2(m): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2006
N.O. as in NO!

Whoever gave u such ideas, lemme guess, Hollywood right? Nah, that's fake, Bible says "it's appointed unto man once to die, after that judgement, " not "transformation to angelic nature".

take care and (go easy on the movies wink)
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by TV01(m): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2006
The brief answer is no.

Men are a different order of created being, at this point a little lower than angels.

Psalm 8:5 - For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

Hebrews 2:7 - You have made him a little lower than the angels; You have crowned him with glory and honor, And set him over the works of Your hands.

Hebrews 2:9 - But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Although those who make the kingdom will have glorified bodies which will make them (more?) like angels.

Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:25 - For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Anything else anyone?

God bless
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by chistiana(f): 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2006
we are angels, not even when we die we are still angels just that angels differs

some are helping angels, some are wicked angels some are borrowed angel, and some are little angel,
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by pilgrim1(f): 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2007
Humans do not become angels when they die.

The Bible simply states that believers will be like the Lord Jesus Christ when He shall appear (1 John 3:2). Of course, what that means is that our bodies shall be fashioned (or transformed) to be like His glorious Body (Phil. 3:21).

Now, the question here is critical: did Jesus become an angel when He rose from the dead? If believers are to be like the risen Jesus in His glory, how could they then become angels when they pass on to glory?
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by Kuns: 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2007
Revelation 5 : 3 say that there are men in heaven and I quote " And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon."

The book of revelation which was the book of Jesus christ (Revelation 1:1) says "And no man in heaven".This means that there are men in heaven.
Just like you have men on the earth.

These men are what you refer to as angels in english, forom the Greek word Angelos meaning messengers. Which are your elohiym meaning these beings. These are our ancestors. The Neteru/Neteraat.
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2007
We mete out death among you . . . that We may transfigure you and make you, what you know not. And verily you know the first creation. Why then do you, not reflect (Quran chapter 56: 61: 63)

Alahu Yalam (Only God knows best)
Re: Do Humans Become Angels When They Die? by Jen33(m): 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2007
The first question to be asked here is, what is an ''angel''?

Are they physical beings or are they spirits?

Some verses in the bible actually suggest they were physical beings. In some verses, an angel arrived, went indoors, and was given food to eat. Some scholars believe these ''angels'' could well have been physical beings from an advanced civilization, with the bible 'God' being merely their leader.

Certainly the bible 'God' displays all the signs of NOT being the Creator of all that is. He gets angry, demands sacrifice (including human sacrifice) gets jealous, gets vengeful, is bloodthirsty, and is murderous. These are human/physical qualities that contradict the notion of a spirit God of Love so often propagated by christians.

I believe in God, but not the one depicted in the bible whom at best, appears to be a jewish tribal deity, and a particularly unpleasant one at that.

As for what happens at death, what I do know is that every human is a container of an immortal spirit/soul/consciousness, which, upon the expiration of the physical body via 'death', regains its freedom and returns to the spirit world, its original home.

This process is not dependent on belief, religion, faith, or moral state. Everybody is immortal.

Do not believe the religions that tell you that only if you believe what they say, you will ''go to heaven''.

They are lying to you.

God does not operate that way. Religions come and go. Before Christianity came 2000 years ago we had other religions, and after christianity there will be others yet.

God is not a fool, whereby he will base your survival on some parochial earthly belief, the adoption of which is based more on accident of birth than anything else.

If you were born Chinese, would you even know anything about Jesus? Would you tolerate anyone trying to convert you to christianity? Of course not. You would simply be a hard line Buddhist.

Or what if you'd been born in India? You'd laugh at anyone that mentions 'Jesus', simply because it would seem like so much nonsense to you, JUST AS Hinduism seems like nonsense to you now.

What makes you think God cannot see such a simple thing, and base his actions accordingly, disregarding your earthly religions?

But then, this is what religion does. It brainwashes you into thinking that YOUR belief is the real one while that of others is 'nonsense' or wrong.

Sad.

(1) (Reply)

Should Religious Dogma Be Free From Criticism? / Redbull's Blasphemious Advert / Identify The God Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.