Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,765 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:36 PM

Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military (1000 Views)

We’re Ready For Elections —military / 21 INEC Resident Commissioners Reject Postponement Of Elections / 16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by garlicrey(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
The military, yesterday, explained why it suggested
that the election dates be shifted, clarifying that its
advice had no political undertone. According to the military, the reason for its suggestion
for a shift was to enable it take delivery of the long
awaited weapons with which to tackle terrorists in the
North eastern part of the country. “I do not want to bring politics into it, whoever wants
to bring politics into what we are doing, it’s left for
him. I want whoever is saying that to know that war
machines are not picked up from the shelf, if it were,
we would have got them,” Chief of Defence Staff, Air
Chief Marshal Alex Badeh said while receiving drugs and other items worth over N70 million donated by the
Association of Pharmaceutical Importers of Nigeria
(APIN), to assist the Nigerian Armed Forces in the
war against Boko Haram insurgency. “When you make orders, it takes time to produce and
it takes time also to train on them. So, we did not
place the orders today, we had placed orders before
now and when they started coming, we asked for more
time to combat the insurgents before the elections. I
can guarantee you that there is no politics in the demand for shift in date, it is just because we were
receiving the equipment.” Badeh urged Nigerians to support the military, as this
would ensure victory against the sect. “Part of the overall strategy of tackling insecurity is
to build synergy with the civil populace, especially for
support and vigilance in reporting the activities of
suspicious elements and the movements of insurgents. “This is borne out of our strong conviction that the war
against insurgents is not a war for the armed forces
alone. As I have always said, when the military is at
war, it is not the military alone that is at war, rather it
is the entire nation. “Accordingly, all instrument of national power,
ranging from diplomatic, informational, military to
economic are employed to ensure that threats to
national security are contained and defeated.” The CDS commended APIN and other companies who
earlier made similar donations to the military. He
said such gesture was a clear demonstration of
concern and support for the military in the ongoing
war against terrorists, despite antics of some
unpatriotic persons.
Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by GboyegaD(m): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
It took 5 years to get the delivery of these weapons right? The Military has been so politicized.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by cozy7(m): 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
As long as PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE.....PDP has no hand in this.......NO PROBLEM!

1 Like

Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by dunkem21(m): 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by midolian(m): 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
Receiving what you ordered for (a long time ago) just when Nigerians are so keen to kick your paymaster out through the ballot..How coincidental

And I am sure if they hadnt seen the eagerness in the majority of Nigerians to kick them out, these war machines will never get here. They probably wld still be romancing with the issue of insurgency till date.

1 Like

Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by Mathematical(f): 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2015

There's always a strong voice behind PDP's rough actions

1 Like

Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
Story
Story

Come may 29 a Dark Era will end
A new ERA of prosperity with GMB lead Gvt will take over

1 Like

Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by size38: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
This is pure lie. Boko Haram have killing, destroying and seizing some part of Nigeria since 6yrs ago, no weapons bought, no serious fight against them etc. So why now that we have election? They only postponed the burial date. Postponing burial date for a dead person cannot bring the person back. So PDP's defeat is still imminent

1 Like

Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by lovat(m): 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
#Never Again shall GMB win any election in Nigeria
Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by lovat(m): 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
#Never Again shall GMB win any election in Nigeria.
Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by KwoiZabo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
GboyegaD:
It took 5 years to get the delivery of these weapons right? The Military has been so politicized.
APC slaves you guys are irredeemable. Bokoharam started taking territories a year ago and has surrounded their camps with land mines, IEDs, & Bobby traps. So you need land mine detector vehicles, night vision Google's, helicopter gun ships etc which Buhari and OBJ did not provide as President.
Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by GboyegaD(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
KwoiZabo:
APC slaves you guys are irredeemable. Bokoharam started taking territories a year ago and has surrounded their camps with land mines, IEDs, & Bobby traps. So you need land mine detector vehicles, night vision Google's, helicopter gun ships etc which Buhari and OBJ did not provide as President.

Tell me I pray thee, whose the bold words fit? If in your mind, anyone who ask questions belong to APC, then don't you think you are the slave to a party? Did Boko Haram just start blowing up places last year as well? For your information, I do not belong to any party for now and all I want is a better Nigeria.
Re: Why We Suggested Shift In Dates Of Elections – Military by babadee1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
How exactly does the elections prevent the military from picking up weapons that they ordered long before?

(1) (Reply)

Aso Rock Has Been Moved To Lagos / Election Rigging: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Asks Jega To Abandon Card Reader Read / PDP Chairman, Mu’azu, Rules Out Landslide Victory For Jonathan, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.