Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning (14008 Views)

Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole / Hot Air Drying Machine For Drying Banana/ Plantian Slices And Vegetable Chips / Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fruits and vegetable farmers have not been accessing standard vegetable market because of some production and marketing factors.
For producer to access market, certain steps must be taken among which are:
1 Producing good and quality produce to attract premium price
2 Be able to supply the market consistently throughout the year
3 Uniformity in \the quality of produce from one location to the other.
4 Implementing cost effective management to beat down the price of produce
5 Deepening and upscaling ones product to stand out
6. Getting the right price at the right market for fresh fruits and vegetables within and outside the country

Intending farmers and agribusiness personel will be exposed to what it takes to surmount the above mentioned status in order to access market at the proposed training being organized by
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative, AFGEAN in partnership with
Agricultural Fresh Growers Producers Exporters Association of Nigeria (AFGEAN) and IFDC 2SCALE

Practical aspect will involve but not limited to
. From Nursery to market of various vegetables e.g Tomatoes, Cucumber. Green Pepper etc
. Maximizing Agribusiness Ventures.
. Access to fresh vegetable market when quality and standard is met
. All year round supply of fresh fruits and vegetables.
. Information on Fresh Fruits and Vegetable export market

Side attachment:
The Golden Grains.
. Soyabeans
. Maize
. Groundnut.
. Tapping into the dairy farming business.

Time:Minimum attendance is a month
When : April 2015 and May 2015
Cost of training N15,000 per month
]Send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or
08064688501, 08188540096

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2015
The training slots are limited because of accommodation issue.
Shared bed space will be provided for interested participants.
Its an on farm practical training for would be farmers.
At the end of the training
.Participants would have known the standard and quality expected for fruits and vegetables
.Trainee that produce vegetables of quality automatically have market for their produce.
.Participant will have consistence supply all year round
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 7:58am On Mar 06, 2015
Visit www.afgean.com to know more about AFGEAN. Check out 2SCALE in Nigeria
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 8:57am On Mar 06, 2015
People really need to work with knowledge to achieve more thus the need for training. Nigerians here who l have inspired into agriculture are making out time to learn cultivating crops that would see them living comfortable when they relocate back.

2 Likes

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2015
Pavore9:
People really need to work with knowledge to achieve more thus the need for training. Nigerians here who l have inspired into agriculture are making out time to learn cultivating crops that would see them living comfortable when they relocate back.

Pls sir what do you know about the Horticulture training center in Kenya? My younger though in final year is very much interested in horticulture and from your post (and I might be wrong) I observe Kenyans have really made big strides in agriculture. Pls does this center accept foreign students esp Nigerians? I have read about the center online but additional info wld be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 11:24am On Mar 06, 2015
@oluks05, agriculture-wise, kenya is ahead of us. Post their website,will check it out later. l am very certain foreigners are accepted there. l believe it is a short course he wants 2 do there, getting admission will b an easy thing, no visa stress.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2015
Pavore9:
Perfectly agreed
Every aspect of agriculture needs training. Practical on field training to understudy the crop one wants to deal with.
Issue with us in Nigeria is we do a lot of crash programme and later start shouting.
That's why the opportunity is being presented for intending and interested farmers.
We need to get our hands dirty.
The opportunity in agriculture is vast
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pavore9:
@oluks05, agriculture-wise, kenya is ahead of us. Post their website,will check it out later. l am very certain foreigners are accepted there. l believe it is a short course he wants 2 do there, getting admission will b an easy thing, no visa stress.

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately I couldn't find their website online but this is one of the sites I read about the center. www.hortinews.co.ke/article?id=597. Thanks
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
oluks05:

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately I couldn't find their website online but this is one of the sites I read about the center. www.hortinews.co.ke/article?id=597. Thanks
l will check it out.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jeffmyson(m): 10:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pavore9:
l will check it out.

Hello Pavore9, please I need your assistance! I would like to move some materials from Kenya to Nigeria via air frieght, please how can I do this cheaply since the material weigh around 900 kg? How do Nigerians in kenya send cargos to Lagos!

Thanks
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 12:38am On Mar 07, 2015
jeffmyson:

Hello Pavore9, please I need your assistance! I would like to move some materials from Kenya to Nigeria via air frieght, please how can I do this cheaply since the material weigh around 900 kg? How do Nigerians in kenya send cargos to Lagos!

Thanks

900kg is huge! First and foremost, l will want to believe that there is no plant in whatever you want sent down to you because if there is, you will have to obtain a permit from KEPHIS (Kenya Plant health Inspectorate Service).

Sending stuff to Lagos from Nairobi has always been an issue for Nigerians here but bringing in things from Lagos to Nairobi is very easy and costs on N770/kg (freight and custom clearance).

Freighting will be cheaper via Rwanda Air, Send me a mail, highlighting the nature of the materials you want air freighted so l can use it to make a detailed enquiry from Rwanda Air on Monday.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 12:47am On Mar 07, 2015
oluks05:

l know hortinews very well because l subscribe to their magazine. l will drop by their office before next week runs out as it in the Nairobi CBD and get detailed information regarding admission and fees for you.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 2:21am On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 2:23am On Mar 07, 2015
Pavore9:

l know hortinews very well because l subscribe to their magazine. l will drop by their office before next week runs out as it in the Nairobi CBD and get detailed information regarding admission and fees for you.

God bless u sir! Would also appreciate their contacts an email, a phone number, couldn't find their website( don't know if they have any). Thanks once again and I wld be "patiently expectant" Lol
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 2:26am On Mar 07, 2015
oluks05:

God bless u sir! Would also appreciate their contacts an email, a phone number, couldn't find their website( don't know if they have any). Thanks once again and I wld be "patiently expectant" Lol

You are welcome.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jeffmyson(m): 7:23am On Mar 07, 2015
Pavore9:

900kg is huge! First and foremost, l will want to believe that there is no plant in whatever you want sent down to you because if there is, you will have to obtain a permit from KEPHIS (Kenya Plant health Inspectorate Service).

Sending stuff to Lagos from Nairobi has always been an issue for Nigerians here but bringing in things from Lagos to Nairobi is very easy and costs on N770/kg (freight and custom clearance).

Freighting will be cheaper via Rwanda Air, Send me a mail, highlighting the nature of the materials you want air freighted so l can use it to make a detailed enquiry from Rwanda Air on Monday.

What I want to send down is 1800m2 of 200 micron greenhouse plastic cover materials. I am told it weighs approximately 900 kg! Which is bulky and would be expensive if air freighted.

Can you ask rwanda air the cost of freighting this to Lagos Nigeria? Many thanks for your response and assistance.

Cheers
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2015
@jeffmyson, l suggest that as you are buying that much, you should look towards china and also shipping down to lagos via ocean freight as it would get to lagos within 2 months of leaving china. this would save you hundreds of thousand of naira.

1 Like

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by tabontabon: 9:28am On Mar 07, 2015
Pls make your findings public,it might help so many people.
Pavore9:

You are welcome.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2015
tabontabon:
Pls make your findings public,it might help so many people.
l will surely drop all necessary information here.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by zeborsky: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
A respond to jeffmyson,the person who told you that a 1800m2 of green house nylon cover is approximately 900kg is all a big fat lie,cos 1800m3 will give you around 360kg,and not 900kg
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pavore9:

Hello sir, pls any news on the Horticulture Training Center? Thanks
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
oluks05:

l haven't forgotten my promise as l have not visited the Nairobi CBD recently but l will be there tomorrow, so expect feedback soonest.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pavore9:
l haven't forgotten my promise as l have not visited the Nairobi CBD recently but l will be there tomorrow, so expect feedback soonest.

Ok sir. Thanks
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 8:16am On Mar 13, 2015
The fruit and vegetable on farm practical trainning will be commencing on the 13th of April 2015.
Only 20 slot available for intending farmers.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 5:54am On Mar 14, 2015
oluks05:

We (l and a Catholic Nun who wants to make arrangement for training) went to hortinews yesterday, got some contacts we are working on. So l will keep everyone posted when we get definite information regarding admission, course duration, fees, accommodation etc.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jeffmyson(m): 6:52am On Mar 14, 2015
zeborsky:
A respond to jeffmyson,the person who told you that a 1800m2 of green house nylon cover is approximately 900kg is all a big fat lie,cos 1800m3 will give you around 360kg,and not 900kg

Thanks for this information.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pavore9:
We (l and a Catholic Nun who wants to make arrangement for training) went to hortinews yesterday, got some contacts we are working on. So l will keep everyone posted when we get definite information regarding admission, course duration, fees, accommodation etc.

Thank you sir
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
J
jethro2:
The fruit and vegetable on farm practical trainning will be commencing on the 13th of April 2015.
Only 20 slot available for intending farmers.
The slots are getting filled up. Please send sms to 08064688501 to get the payment details.
Space will be reserve only for the first 20 intending trainee that makes payment.

When sending sms please indicate male or female to make arrangement if accommodation is required.
Thank you
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
For Trainee's that wants alternative accommodation for the training period. Guest house in Ago Amodu and Saki environment starts from N2,500 per night upward.
For more details call
08064688501, 08188540096
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 7:10am On Mar 24, 2015
Pavore9:

Any update sir? Thanks
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 8:28am On Mar 25, 2015
oluks05:

Any update sir? Thanks

Am still on the case, called the contact person few minutes ago, he didn't pick but sent me a text that he is in a workshop. l called him on Monday to remind him of the email l had sent earlier and he had promised to send a reply soonest. l have to exercise patience because the contact person is a top shot at Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya (FPEAK) and can understand the type of schedule he has.

Just be patient.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by oluks05: 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
Pavore9:

Am still on the case, called the contact person few minutes ago, he didn't pick but sent me a text that he is in a workshop. l called him on Monday to remind him of the email l had sent earlier and he had promised to send a reply soonest. l have to exercise because the contact person is a top shot at Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya (FPEAK) and can understand the type of schedule he has.

Just be patient.

Ok sir, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys / 50 Metres Diameters Rain Guns For Sale ( Cash & Carry )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.