Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,560 members, 7,958,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

8 Tips For Buying A New Laptop - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 Tips For Buying A New Laptop (648 Views)

What Is The Risk In Buying A Premium Theme From a Third-party? / 6 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name / 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Tips For Buying A New Laptop by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 06, 2015
The use of laptop computers is fast becoming the major means of going about our day to day activities in schools, business, government and various levels of offices. Therefore, the quest for buying new laptops from the market or online is global; the family, the person and corporate bodies are in need of a laptop computer.

If this is the case, then the need for understanding the vital tips for acquiring a good laptop is very vital. This is because if the demands are high then there is the possibility of having sub-standard laptop computers in the market today.

So in this post, I will be sharing with you some very vital tips for buying a new laptop. Perhaps it's not the easiest of tasks, but buying a new laptop is like child's play for some and a very difficult task for others.

Persons who've bought and made use of a laptop in the past know what they really want from a new laptop computer if they are to make another purchase now. But those of us that are new to the computer world might make some terrible mistake amid the midst of too numerous options offered.

Hence I thought it wise to offer these very vital 8 tips for buying a new laptop computer.

1. Understand what you want to use the laptop for.
Before I was called into ministry, I was into laptop business; one question I always ask my intending customers is “what do you want to use the laptop you are buying for?”

If you need to use your personal computer for web surfing, transmitting mail, or executing basic writing tasks, a PC with the standard elements we just identified ought to be enough. If you would like to make use of a laptop to assist with a job in media, you're going to want to personalize the devise with a printing device, camera, or digital camera for instance. If you prefer a computer to embark on a profession in popular music, you want to get a good quality mic as well as a set of audio speakers.

2. Buy a laptop that features standard add-ons.
Just about every PC might be divided into some key elements: Processor unit, monitor, key pad, and computer mouse. To the inexperienced shopper, it's a good idea to get a laptop which has most of these elements provided to ensure that when it's brought home, using your computer is an easy task of simply turning it on. Reserve the additional purchases of such parts when you have gained some level of knowledge.

3. Map out a budget and follow it.
What's the amount that you'll be able to spend on a brand new laptop? Even though the costs of PCs are lowering, they might continue to produce a significant cost particularly if you want extra features explained previously. On top of that, you'll have to determine expenses for upkeep of the computer to keep it working.

4. Begin to do some shopping around.
This will enable you get a better deal by checking out some of the best offerings to be found around you offline and online.

When I say “the best” I mean the laptop with the most efficient processor, the easiest modem to use, the largest GB storage, as well as the largest hard disk total capacity. It is true you might not think that you will need that quantity of speed or storage as at the moment, but trust me, it’s a good idea to have it because you genuinely will require that amount down the as time goes on.

Acquiring this type of reserve in the now will minimize unnecessary expenses when it's time to improve your device in the future. Presently I am using Dell Inspiron 4050, I love it because it has a speed capacity of 8GB RAM

5. Keep to globally recognized manufacturers.
Buy the make from globally recognized manufacturers like Dell and HP. Taking a chance on the obscure or most recent models could end up being a costly mistake and should be reserved for those who have a bit more experience with computer purchases. Read full post at: http://efogator.com/8-tips-for-buying-a-new-laptop/

Re: 8 Tips For Buying A New Laptop by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
nice write up

(1) (Reply)

Web Slider By A Nairalander / Please Help: I Don't Know How To Share A News Link On Nairaland / Rate My Blog Desktop And Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.