Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? (1384 Views)

Haha Read Ooo!!! Buhari say why Nigeria MUST NOT Let The Igbos Leave This Union / I Can Swear On My Life, Buhari'll NOT Steal - Tinubu / Did Buhari Lie About His Age? See How Obasanjo Exposed Him-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
Was it because he was a muslim,and why did Buhari put Alex Ekueme in Prison, who was d Vice President and gave Shegu Shagari a house arrest even though he was d president after he toupled d Govt! Does dat mean Buhari corruption fight is selective?
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by kasheemawo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
question for the gods tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
kasheemawo:
I want the Change agents to answer me!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
kasheemawo:
I want the Change agents to answer me,mayb I can reason with them,cos he said he would fight corruption!
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Bekwarra(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
Abacha didn't steal, he looted. Buhari is right, stealing is different from looting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
Bekwarra:
Abacha didn't steal, he looted. Buhari is right, stealing is different from looting.
So stealing is different from looting?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by kasheemawo(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I want the Change agents to answer me,mayb I can reason with them,cos he said he would fight corruption!
k
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
Buhari benefited from d regime!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by kasheemawo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
so stealing is not corruption?
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
Bekwarra:

Hahhaahahhahaahhahahahahahahaahhaha....

Stealing is not looting - Buhari.

Wonderful..

LMAO
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Adetula1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
so happy you woke up before election
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
The funny thing is Grand Pa Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt.

...I think we see corruption differently in this country.

Cos if Abacha was not corrupt according to the septuagenarian general then I don't know what corruption is anymore..
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by agileson: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Bekwarra:
Because Abacha is his countryman. To the average northerner. There is no Nigeria just northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
Abacha did not loot or steaL- FACT
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Abacha was not a looter

compare the records of all those that have accused Abacha of looting.

A honest man says Abacha did not loot, but most Nigerians prefer to believe dishonest leaders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by betacitizen(m): 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
Typing
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:51am On Mar 08, 2015
GenBuhari:
Abacha was not a looter

compare the records of all those that have accused Abacha of looting.

A honest man says Abacha did not loot, but most Nigerians prefer to believe dishonest leaders
You are a comedian!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Oklander: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Was it because he was a muslim,and why did Buhari put Alex Ekueme in Prison, who was d Vice President and gave Shegu Shagari a house arrest even though he was d president after he toupled d Govt! Does dat mean Buhari corruption fight is selective?
Because as at the time, there was no prove that Abacha stole perhaps.
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by MalcoImX: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But come to think of it:
1. Is Abacha so foolish to have taken such monies to an enemy territory, – Western countries he's been fighting with throughout his regime? Whoever takes his prized possession to a known enemy is a proposition I find difficult to imagine!
2. Why weren't any revelations from the Eastern bloc or the Arab World, where it is expected Abacha would take his money to, since they weren't hostile to him?
3. Ain't we so foolish too to have believed Abacha's enemies that he was the only greatest looter to have emerged since the creation of Nigeria?
4. Didn't Abacha stash billions in Nigerian banks, and why aren't we hearing of it if he did?
5. And how many people know that of all the Heads of State we had, Abacha's father was probably the richest of them all – being an established merchant and industrialist in Kano, even before Abacha's rise to prominence?
6. And lastly, why is there always 'Abacha money' at a time of great political turmoil?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 18, 2015
The "Abacha didn't steal statement" by Mr Buhari is what I'm yet to come to terms with.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by Olaolufred(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2015
[size=14pt]BECAUSE GOVERNMENT IN POWER HAS SAID THAT STEALING IN ITSELF IS NOT A BAD THING.

IT IS ALSO DIFFERENT FROM CORRUPTION.

IT IS THE DUTY OF GOVT. TO PROSECUTE CRIMES, NOT TO BE MAKING DOCUMENTRY ON CRIMINALS OR ALLEGED CRIMINALS.
[/size]
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by seagulsntrawler: 10:13am On Mar 18, 2015
MalcoImX:
But come to think of it:
1. Is Abacha so foolish to have taken such monies to an enemy territory, – Western countries he's been fighting with throughout his regime? Whoever takes his prized possession to a known enemy is a proposition I find difficult to imagine!
2. Why weren't any revelations from the Eastern bloc or the Arab World, where it is expected Abacha would take his money to, since they weren't hostile to him?
3. Ain't we so foolish too to have believed Abacha's enemies that he was the only greatest looter to have emerged since the creation of Nigeria?
4. Didn't Abacha stash billions in Nigerian banks, and why aren't we hearing of it if he did?
5. And how many people know that of all the Heads of State we had, Abacha's father was probably the richest of them all – being an established merchant and industrialist in Kano, even before Abacha's rise to prominence?
6. And lastly, why is there always 'Abacha money' at a time of great political turmoil?

The questions you posed are indeed pertinent to this issue of looted money repatriated from the west. I believe someone, somewhere is trying to make him look badder than he was. Not as if he was a saint anyway but I just can't believe he`d stash money in western countries when he courted china and the arab countries. By my reckoning, I think IBB and OBJ are way more corrupt than the fella.
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by WisdomFlakes: 10:15am On Mar 18, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Am sure Jonathan can tell us. cheesy
Re: Why Did Buhari Say Abachi Did Not Steal? by WisdomFlakes: 10:17am On Mar 18, 2015
barcanista:
The "Abacha didn't steal statement" by Mr Buhari is what I'm yet to come to terms with.

And have you come to terms with Jonathan dashing the same Abacha a Centenary award? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About The Muritala Muhammed Airport / Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo. / You Need To Read What Obasanjo Wants Nigerians To Do On April 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.