Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Skippy Vs Locally Made Peanut Butter, Which Do You Prefer? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Skippy Vs Locally Made Peanut Butter, Which Do You Prefer? (1784 Views)

Locally Made Peanut Fryer / Whose Dinner Would You Prefer? (Photo) / Difference Between Butter And Mangerine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Skippy Vs Locally Made Peanut Butter, Which Do You Prefer? by petra22(f): 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
I’m not a huge fan of bread but with peanut butter, I can finish the quantity of bread meant to feed a family of 5. That’s how much I love peanut butter grin I just finished munching bread and peanut butter and boy was it delicious! tongue I really can’t get enough of the homemade peanut butter. It is just so delicious especially when combined with Agege bread. The more peppery version of peanut butter (ose oji) is best served with anyara (garden eggs). I once tasted Skippy peanut butter and the plenty chemicals in it didn’t let me enjoy it at all plus it has sugar in it, yuck!
For me I’d choose the homemade or locally made peanut butter because it is tastier, cheaper and healthier.
Over to you guys, which do you prefer, local peanut butter or Skippy?

Re: Skippy Vs Locally Made Peanut Butter, Which Do You Prefer? by Pavore9: 3:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Why should the peanut butter be chemicalized? Well the brand l take here in Nairobi is just made of roasted peanut and salt, which l am very comfortable with. At times l blend a finger of banana with roasted peanut to serve as my bread spread..yummy!
Re: Skippy Vs Locally Made Peanut Butter, Which Do You Prefer? by elnino3(m): 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
Yes Skippy do contain some chemicals and sugar. I have tried both lumpy and smooth version. Locally made one is OK though the sanitary aspect of its preparation is not yet ascertained.

Am looking for a way of making my own peanut butter at home....

(1) (Reply)

10 Benefits Of Carrots / Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me / Tried Burger King In Nigeria. Impressed. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.