Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) (34489 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) / Speeding Vehicle That Failed Brake Ran Into Ikosi-ketu Branch Of Mr Biggs(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by steffans(m): 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Kwat
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by InvertedHammer: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
/
Life in Nigeria is the primary evidence to prove the existence of God.

Otherwise, how people survive some catastrophic events amazes me.

No Advanced Cardiac Life Support or Basic Life Support algorithm initiated, yet the victim may survive

\

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by slimfit1(m): 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
No MOT tests on cars that are 30 years old and you are not expecting accident .
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by ccaramel(f): 6:45pm On Mar 06, 2015
No ambulances, no paramedics.... What a wasted country. Just throwing a human body like thrash in the back of a truck. That's indignity to a human. They give out contracts for ambulances every frigging year and they keep embezzling funds. Naija I hail o.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by missbehave247(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
Very annoyin
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Agbalanze(m): 6:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Siena:
Yes, we pray this guy pulls through.

I also pray his family don't see this graphic image of their loved one on an online forum, before the news of the accident actually reaches them.

What is it with Nigerians, and taking pictures of the badly injured, maimed and the dead??

If there is no pic, u guys will shout "pic or it didn't happen", with pic; we still complain.
Anyway, I pray n I believe that guy will make it judging from the way his legs were positioned in the vehicle and hand fan from the officer.
Let me quickly thank the frsc officers for responding to the emergency on short time.
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by billyG(m): 7:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Na waoo!this handset revolution turn a lousy unengaged buster 2 an unproffessional journalist,bad reporting i see no river flowing blood as narated,taxi drivers esp.northers never maintain dia cars until it stop moving,always managing.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by MARKone(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
sad
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by ade101(m): 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
May God heal them. One of the reason I don't like long journey on the road but life itself is a risk.

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by DECOtech(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
Siena:

I also pray his family don't see this graphic image of their loved one on an online forum, before the news of the accident actually reaches them.

What is it with Nigerians, and taking pictures of the badly injured, maimed and the dead??

Not to worry
Many of us are yet to, but would soon get used to having a camera lens at the back of our phones.
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by kevoh(m): 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
First Aid should be made a compulsory course all over Nigeria be it in schools,churches/mosques, car parks(for agberos) e.t.c People should learn to give the victim a lot of breathing space too not just crowd around him/her/them. Kudos to FRSC for the swift response.
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by alamoht(m): 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
I witnessed d incident it was so bad 4 dead body were recorded before rod safety came.[b]I witnessed d incident it was so bad 4 dead body were recorded before rod safety came.[/b]I witnessed d incident it was so bad 4 dead body were recorded before rod safety came.
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Zocken: 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Siena:

Siena, glad to have you back on Nairaland. You've been away for so long
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
ccaramel:
No ambulances, no paramedics.... What a wasted country. Just throwing a human body like thrash in the back of a truck. That's indignity to a human. They give out contracts for ambulances every frigging year and they keep embezzling funds. Naija I hail o.

Bizarre happenstance! A truck is now used for Medical evacuation. Only in Nigeria!
Where are the paramedics and ambulances. I pity the reality in my fatherland.
BTW, did someone says that the brake fails? what about failed headlight, "trafficators", and tyres?
Brake just don't fail like that, there's always a preceeding early warning sign. It's our culture of mediocrity/ impunity that result in this incident

Here are points to ponder:
-Brake has been bad. Tyre expired with obvious fault-line. No preventive/ corrective maintenance. FRSC and VIO would rather disturb a compliant/ law abiding vehicle owner than to impound the rickety jalopies with 3 of the tyres gone.
-Overspeed on a busy road, a mindset of "this is Naija" ....no road rules apply here. We can behave as lunatic for all we care.
-What is Agbero doing on the road? Is that place a motor-park or is it designated as a bus-stop. what a country.

Here's bottom line, we will continue to record such sad incidents until we do the right things:
-Obey road rules/regulations (this include the speed limits and road sign) and maintain the traffic lane. While you are at it, be courteous.
-Do the right thing. Go to a licensed driving school and ensure you pass the basic requirement before obtaining Driver's license. FRSC under Osita Chidoka (aka Mr. New plate number) recorded a massive failure in this yet he was rewarded with a ministerial position- Aviation?! OMG!
-Don't put the lives of others at risk. Maintain your car and ensure they are roadworthy. If not keep them of the road. The useless VIO don't bother to conduct MOT or even do visual inspection on vehicle before issuance of license.
-Use public infrastructure for what they are meant for the road is not your living room; stay clear of danger. Agbero have no business in the highway. Drivers and passenger must do the process off boarding/ alighting at the designated area for safety.
-Also, the pedestrian bridge is for road crossing and not a flea market (see Kubwa express road pedestrian bridges, they've turn them to marketplace with a potential for failure due to excessive deadweight) One day na one day.

I only cry for our stupidity cum animal tendencies. For now my eyes are dry
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Baroba(m): 9:32pm On Mar 06, 2015
Poor emergency service, giant of Africa indeed..
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by iosatic(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
Op you got to the scene, you no call FRSC, u no help the affected victim na to snap pics for nl frontpage.....dts sarcastic n unpatriotic
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by 100Cents: 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
Siena:

That point where Technology meets Illiteracy...
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
Zocken:
Siena, glad to have you back on Nairaland. You've been away for so long

Thanks bruh. Though I never actually left. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Cook Food On Your Car's Engine (Photos) / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos) / Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.