Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) (34488 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) / Speeding Vehicle That Failed Brake Ran Into Ikosi-ketu Branch Of Mr Biggs(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by layinkakeem(m): 11:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Darrmm !!!! Menhhh

#Gej during you time, too much death, Boko,accident,house burning,people burning.

Darm it manh,
We want change
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Allansmith: 2:09am On Mar 07, 2015
I pray God save the lives of the victims...
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by otokx(m): 8:06am On Mar 07, 2015
Abuja drivers overspeed.
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by kenmaro: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2015
So pathetic! this country, Nigeria, is a jungle. Just imagine how a severely injured accident victim is been conveyed to the hospital for treatment like an animal. The condition at which he is being transported is so unconducive and could aggravate his pains. This should have been done with ambulance along with some stabilizing treatment as he is being transported. This is why most emergency cases is always reported: "confirmed dead on arrival" in Nigeria. The road safety corp has ambulances but they do not use them for such purposes rather they are only paraded during political rallies and government functions. May God help Nigeria!
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by besttrader: 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Degrading when stuffs like this happen and the injured or dead are always conveyed in pickup vans rather than ambulances. What worries me most is the fact that the funds for such working tools are budgeted every fiscal year, yet no change in sight. What a country!
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
JonBee1:

Bizarre happenstance! A truck is now used for Medical evacuation. Only in Nigeria!
Where are the paramedics and ambulances. I pity the reality in my fatherland.
BTW, did someone says that the brake fails? what about failed headlight, "trafficators", and tyres?
Brake just don't fail like that, there's always a preceeding early warning sign. It's our culture of mediocrity/ impunity that result in this incident

Here are points to ponder:
-Brake has been bad. Tyre expired with obvious fault-line. No preventive/ corrective maintenance. FRSC and VIO would rather disturb a compliant/ law abiding vehicle owner than to impound the rickety jalopies with 3 of the tyres gone.
-Overspeed on a busy road, a mindset of "this is Naija" ....no road rules apply here. We can behave as lunatic for all we care.
-What is Agbero doing on the road? Is that place a motor-park or is it designated as a bus-stop. what a country.

Here's bottom line, we will continue to record such sad incidents until we do the right things:
-Obey road rules/regulations (this include the speed limits and road sign) and maintain the traffic lane. While you are at it, be courteous.
-Do the right thing. Go to a licensed driving school and ensure you pass the basic requirement before obtaining Driver's license. FRSC under Osita Chidoka (aka Mr. New plate number) recorded a massive failure in this yet he was rewarded with a ministerial position- Aviation?! OMG!
-Don't put the lives of others at risk. Maintain your car and ensure they are roadworthy. If not keep them of the road. The useless VIO don't bother to conduct MOT or even do visual inspection on vehicle before issuance of license.
-Use public infrastructure for what they are meant for the road is not your living room; stay clear of danger. Agbero have no business in the highway. Drivers and passenger must do the process off boarding/ alighting at the designated area for safety.
-Also, the pedestrian bridge is for road crossing and not a flea market (see Kubwa express road pedestrian bridges, they've turn them to marketplace with a potential for failure due to excessive deadweight) One day na one day.

I only cry for our stupidity cum animal tendencies. For now my eyes are dry
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by kari4chat: 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
Siena:
Yes, we pray this guy pulls through.

I also pray his family don't see this graphic image of their loved one on an online forum, before the news of the accident actually reaches them.

What is it with Nigerians, and taking pictures of the badly injured, maimed and the dead??

But u guys always ask for pictorial evidence,dere u have it
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 08, 2015
kari4chat:
But u guys always ask for pictorial evidence,dere u have it

Find a post where I myself have asked ANYONE to provide evidence of an accident victim, and I'll take you out for lunch AND a shopping spree. wink

Don't confuse me with others who do. angry
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by kari4chat: 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
[/color]
Siena:

[color=Blue]Find a post where I myself have asked ANYONE to provide evidence of an accident victim, and I'll take you out for lunch AND a shopping spree. wink

Don't confuse me with others who do. angry

Seeing is believing,so if u dnt need it odas might need it, end of discussion!
Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
kari4chat:

Seeing is believing,so if u dnt need it odas might need it, end of discussion!

So tell me, Kari. Do YOU need it? cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by lungwun(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2015
Siena:
Yes, we pray this guy pulls through.

I also pray his family don't see this graphic image of their loved one on an online forum, before the news of the accident actually reaches them.

What is it with Nigerians, and taking pictures of the badly injured, maimed and the dead??

Than you Siena. I have complained about this for quite a while and the moderators really need to do something about this.

We are here because we love talking about cars. I don't come here to see the tragedy that has befallen another man. For the sake of their families, these sort of threads should be discouraged or moved into a new forum.

I don't understand the twisted reasoning behind grabbing a couple of photos at the scene of a tragedy and rushing to post it up on Nairaland.

If i was a Mod, I would ban the posters with extreme prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) by davo3286: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2015
Agbalanze:

If there is no pic, u guys will shout "pic or it didn't happen", with pic; we still complain.
Anyway, I pray n I believe that guy will make it judging from the way his legs were positioned in the vehicle and hand fan from the officer.
Let me quickly thank the frsc officers for responding to the emergency on short time.

That is the reason why we have brains...use it! Always apply discretion in every situation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Buy This 1959 Ferrari 250 GT For N2.2 Billion? / How To Cook Food On Your Car's Engine (Photos) / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.