Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years (4555 Views)

Sahel Capitals Who Knows The Salary Of Business Analyst Working There / Why Does A Job Interviewer Want To Know My Current Salary? / Bad Encounter;my Current Boss Was The HR Were I Went To For Oral Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by Sleemzy3(f): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
please guys, a mail was sent to us at my work place today that we should sign a oath of secrecy by Monday. Here is the content of the mail. I just want advice before signing it. Is it normal? I've been working there for close to 2 years now. Pls good advice needed

OATH OF SECRECY & CONFIDENTIALITY As an employee of Xyz Microfinance Bank (Xyz Nigeria), I understand and agree that the following conditions shall apply to my position.

1. Any information, recorded or not, received or acquired in connection with my duties is considered confidential. Confidential information includes all records which in any way would divulge information in regards to Xyz Microfinance Bank and its members of staff.

2. All information given out or discovered about Xyz Microfinance Bank and its members of staff’s circumstances and / or the operations shall be held in strict confidence by me
3. I will not make public statements to the media expressly or impliedly, on behalf of Xyz Microfinance Bank and its members of staff.

4. I shall act in a professional manner in the performance of my duties as an employee of Xyz Microfinance Bank.

5. I solemnly affirm that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the bank's code of conduct and confidentiality, and that I will discharge and perform my duties to the best of my ability, knowledge and judgment, without fear or favour, affection or ill will.
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by shesszi(m): 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is normal though just surprise that this is coming haven worked for two years

2 Likes

Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by spyg1(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
Take the oath according to your religion. It shouldnt be in presence of Babalawo.

2 Likes

Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by presiade(m): 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
What is the big deal in this? Ordinarily you should do it yearly just like AML certification.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by kilokeys(m): 2:54am On Mar 07, 2015
u cant keep secrets?

3 Likes

Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by Adesiji77: 4:25am On Mar 07, 2015
It's nothing to worry about. Just 'sign your sign' cheesy

BTW, did you say a Microfinance Bank'? wink
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by raayah(f): 5:10am On Mar 07, 2015
Looks pretty standard to me!
i have signed agreements like this especially when im dealing with confidential information.

I suggest that you sit down and read it very well and also understand it.

If you cannot adhere to any of the contract statement, please dont sign it. I say this because if you break one you may get sued.

However, not signing it could cause you to have problems with your job.
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by smartleo(m): 5:19am On Mar 07, 2015
I think most of you guys may not fully understand the depth of the matter.I am also working in the said firm,recently a lot of inhumane policies were introduced such as daily portfolio at risk which is calculated by the percentage of the default you have on daily basis divided by the working days in a given month ,for those who have had an experience in mfb ,will understand how bad that volatility is and please for your information ,the basic salary plus other package monthly is 37k without bonus and this makes life harder without bonus as the portfolio at risk is tide to bonus only if after calculations at the end of the month ,ones percentage is below 2%.please your view
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 07, 2015
Sleemzy3:
please guys, a mail was sent to us at my work place today that we should sign a oath of secrecy by Monday. Here is the content of the mail. I just want advice before signing it. Is it normal? I've been working there for close to 2 years now. Pls good advice needed

OATH OF SECRECY & CONFIDENTIALITY As an employee of Xyz Microfinance Bank (Xyz Nigeria), I understand and agree that the following conditions shall apply to my position.

1. Any information, recorded or not, received or acquired in connection with my duties is considered confidential. Confidential information includes all records which in any way would divulge information in regards to Xyz Microfinance Bank and its members of staff.

2. All information given out or discovered about Xyz Microfinance Bank and its members of staff’s circumstances and / or the operations shall be held in strict confidence by me
3. I will not make public statements to the media expressly or impliedly, on behalf of Xyz Microfinance Bank and its members of staff.

4. I shall act in a professional manner in the performance of my duties as an employee of Xyz Microfinance Bank.

5. I solemnly affirm that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the bank's code of conduct and confidentiality, and that I will discharge and perform my duties to the best of my ability, knowledge and judgment, without fear or favour, affection or ill will.
Scare tactic, what you are about to sign is called an undisclosed covenant meaning there was no witness from your side in the person of your lawyer. Just sign it and chill, it is a worthless piece of paper in court as if the need be, your lawyer will make a total nonsense of the document.

3 Likes

Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 07, 2015
Funny, policies may be introduced that may not be friendly to the staff members of your firm.

They want to take your protest power away, you will only be able to suffer silently without going to the press.

1 Like

Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by jimohibrahim(m): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2015
is this really happening?
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by funkyjms: 9:32am On Mar 07, 2015
Imanuelle:
Funny, policies may be introduced that may not be friendly to the staff members of your firm.

They want to take your protest power away, you will only be able to suffer silently without going to the press.

Nice view
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2015
Bobzzz. just sign the damn paper.. use your blood even for better effect.. but if dem give you betta money to sell information or speak against your organization.. berra collect the money and sing like Femi-Fani Kayode grin grin grin grin
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by ConfessionsNgr: 11:39am On Mar 07, 2015
Imanuelle:

Hmmmm.. This is so true
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2015
It's normal. Its Non-Disclosure Agreement and holds sacrosant except and until a court warrant is provided before you can divulge company information to press. My Management staff sign something more serious than this.
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by slimyem: 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2015
Looks like a quite basic contract to me...and except you've got some other offers,you've got to sign it.
Their organisation,their rules!
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by prelinctus: 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Op, run as fast as your legs can carry you. They want to SILENCE YOU FOREVER while they go ahead to introduce austerity measures.
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by whizbee(m): 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hmmm,I smell GEJ

.meanwhile
Working on my rap album
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by iyisco2001(m): 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
smartleo:
I think most of you guys may not fully understand the depth of the matter.I am also working in the said firm,recently a lot of inhumane policies were introduced such as daily portfolio at risk which is calculated by the percentage of the default you have on daily basis divided by the working days in a given month ,for those who have had an experience in mfb ,will understand how bad that volatility is and please for your information ,the basic salary plus other package monthly is 37k without bonus and this makes life harder without bonus as the portfolio at risk is tide to bonus only if after calculations at the end of the month ,ones percentage is below 2%.please your view
Sleemzy3:
so, after we have asked you to sign the secrecy oat, u still have the gut to come and report us on nairaland? SEE YOU ON MONDAY sad

but seriously, niggas, pls run, your yansh is about to get screwed by the poor micro finance bank grin grin grin
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by musicwriter(m): 4:09am On Mar 08, 2015
@Sleemzy3.
It's called non-disclosure agreement. It could be used by the management of your company for a good cause or a bad cause. Either ways they just want you to keep your mouth shut.

Your company don't want you to reveal any information to it's competitors or in case the management want to start scamming people, they just want you to co-operate. For more information, you may search for "non disclosure agreement" on Google.
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by hardbody: 9:00am On Mar 08, 2015
Sleemzy3:

It is a standard confidentiality agreement. Nothing wrong with it. Even if it is coming 2 years after, this is when management has either learnt of it or have suddenly realized that this charter does not exist in the company.
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by hardbody: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2015
prelinctus:
Op, run as fast as your legs can carry you. They want to SILENCE YOU FOREVER while they go ahead to introduce austerity measures.

You have a job for the OP i guess or you want his sorry azz to join your pitiable state of unemployable category.
Re: Oath Of Secrecy @ my current job place even after working there for 2 years by prelinctus: 9:07am On Mar 08, 2015
hardbody:

You have a job for the OP i guess or you want his sorry azz to join your pitiable state of unemployable category.
Cry me a river. tongue

(1) (Reply)

See The New Method 419 Are Now Using / Massive Recruitment At Eko University Of Medicine And Health Sciences, August 20 / PAS Solar Limited Job Recruitment (20 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.