Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos (858 Views)

Policewoman Working Under The Rain In Ibadan (Photos) / Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by tbaba1234: 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
I was speaking to an old aunty and she told me how some PDP folks were distributing money in her area (Igando area near LASU). 1,000 Naira per head to vote PDP. Ofcourse, the people rushed to collect. Their phone numbers were collected, perhaps to keep in touch. This Aunt was offered 2,000 Naira as an old person (Apparently, Old people's bribe is more) and she responded: If you are a mother that has a child missing for over a year, would you vote for the government that failed you? (Refering to the Chibok girls).

Today, I had a conversation with a politician from the APC and he was telling me that thousands of dollars were doled out to each organisation that the president was seeking endorsement. I was stunned at the kinds of amounts, he was mentioning. Ofcourse, I can not independently verify his information but he is a trustworthy person so it left me worried.

I remember when Abacha wanted to become a civilian president, He got endorsements from everywhere. They organised a major rally with all the big artistes at the time like onyeka onwenu, all endorsing Abacha. Ojo Madueke told us how great Abacha was... All political parties, The youths were apparently earnestly asking for Abacha. We all knew it was money at play. On the ground, Abacha had little support in many parts of Nigeria. The similarities are a lot.

The same holds for GEJ in Lagos. My APC friend said that they are still confident Buhari wins Lagos but are afraid Agbaje might defeat Ambode. I have spoken to a lot of people voting Buhari for president, Agbaje for governor so I know the threat is real.
They are hoping to use the momentum of a Buhari win to help the Ambode cause.

Some might argue, APC also shares but it is not comparable. The PDP is just throwing money around. The PDP has far more money to burn.

Is it right for interest groups and bloggers to accept bribe for endorsement? How do we get past this as a nation?
Re: GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
I used to believe ya news, not until ya lied like sharia reporters dat dey protested in festac, wen where how? Only ya knew all dis cos I never witnessed any protest, picture or video or remain silent.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by tbaba1234: 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I used to believe ya news, not until ya lied like sharia reporters dat dey protested in festac, wen where how? Only ya knew all dis cos I never witnessed any protest, picture or video or remain silent.

That was a news report from Sun newspapers.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=107681

And it is true because I heard of it before I saw the report.

If you have a problem, sue the paper.
Re: GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by Princecalm(m): 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
So does that mean everything he now says are lies?
Re: GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
tbaba1234:

ogbenni, I dhe festac no soul protest. So believe ya paper dhe go!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by kestolove95(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
tbaba1234:

so u talking. Dat brainwashed fellow seriux?
Re: GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by tbaba1234: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: GEJ Naira And Dollar Rain In Lagos by queensmith: 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
I am soo glad you brought the comparison to Abacha - when last did we experience this level of impunity and deceit?

Jonathans Government has demonstrated complete impunity and abuse of power

How can Jonathans wife be assigning the commissioner for police and locking up the state house of assembly??

Look at what Fayose is doing in Ekiti, using police to support thugs, 7 individuals who couldnt even form a quorum impeaching a whole speaker and 19 members chased out of state?

What on earth is going on??

Change couldnt come any sooner!

(1) (Reply)

Re: Check Out This Newspaper Headline Of 1984. / While Under 40 Count Corruption Charges: The Show Of Shame Btw FFK & GEJ / Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.