Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing (1539 Views)

Tinubu Vs DAAR Communications: Parties Failed To Settle Case Out Of Court (Pics) / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. / Tinubu Vs AIT: Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by Johnnyessence(m): 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
In a motion Exparte filed before an Ikeja High Court
on Friday March 6th 2015, the court granted an
accelerated hearing for motion on notice in the
case of defamatory and libelous documentary aired
on DAAR Communications, AIT. The granted
accelerated hearing comes up on Monday March
16, 2015.
The exparte motion brought before Ikeja High
Court - sought an order of interim injunction
restraining the respondent, AIT whether by itself,
agents, privies and or other persons from
producing or continuing to broadcast, airing, or
continuing to reproduce any defamatory
documentary against the applicant which AIT
started to broadcast on Sunday 1st of march ,
2015 and has been repeating on a daily basis since
then,
Pending the airing and determination of the motion
on notice for interlocutory injunction dated 5th
March ,2015 filed in this suit.
Please like Daily Reporters Facebook page for more
updates
The motion further noted as a fact that damages
would not adequately compensate applicant/
claimant if this ex-parte order is not granted. It
prayed that the res of this suit may be
extinguished if the ex-parte order is not granted.
That there is real, imminent and urgent threat and
danger of continuing to decimate the person and
integrity of the applicant by the respondent by
continuing to air the offensive broadcast if the ex-
parte motion is not granted. That unless this
application is granted, the defendant will not relent
or suspend the broadcast of the said libelous
documentary and that it is in the interest of justice
to grant this application.
Please like Daily Reporters Facebook page for more
updates
The legal effect of the filing and notification of the
pendency of a law suit under the legal doctrine of
lis pendens is that all parties should exercise
extreme caution particularly restraint in continuing
with the act complained of. This is the minimal
requirement of any law abiding citizen.
This duty also extends to other members of the
society who are expected to refrain from
aggravating the damage complained of or in any
way contributing to the quantum of damage. It
takes on a more compelling dimension in this
instance where the claimant has applied for
injunctive restraining orders against the material
complained against.
The contrary can hardly be argued against the fact
that affront to the judicial institution attracts
criminal implications.
The Tinubu legal team is led by Chief Wole
Olanipekun, SAN. Dr. Tunji Abayomi is also part of
the legal team.
Press statement from Sunday Dare
Media Adviser To Fmr. Governor Bola
Tinubu.Please like Daily Reporters Facebook page
for more updates - www.fb.co/dailyreporters
with Abdurraheem Abdulkadir NC . https://m.facebook.com/dailyreporters/photos/a.319996418160209.1073741826.291942860965565/421085218051328/?type=1&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6123247243719140214%3Amf_story_key.-5991892372737225851&__tn__=%2As
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by HrtBrkSteve(m): 11:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
AIT really really mean business with Tinubu.
We shall see where this tale ends sha
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by MRLINGTON(m): 11:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed suppoerters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by Chukwu94: 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
By God grace, we would watch this movie finish.
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by ifekemmie(f): 1:34am On Mar 07, 2015
Wetin we no go see for naija
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by betacitizen(m): 1:40am On Mar 07, 2015
Good for them
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by gists: 2:14am On Mar 07, 2015
Now AIT is in real trouble. I cannot readily recall any court case Tinubu did not win. Even against stubborn and much wiser OBJ led FG. But with a desperate and "I-don't-give-a-damn" GEJ led FG behind AIT, this is going to be a real test.
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by paBuhari(m): 4:36am On Mar 07, 2015
Don't vote for me. Vote for Goodluck. Tinubu is too kworupt.
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by fitzmayowa: 4:51am On Mar 07, 2015
I would fault AIT on this one, in as much as the documentary is a sponsored documentary, AIT should have attached the name of the individual/organisation sponsoring it.

This would have saved them a whole lot of "headache", well maybe they have something up their sleeves, watching as the drama unfolds

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by egift(m): 4:52am On Mar 07, 2015

"PDP are running out of Documentary"

Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 07, 2015
gists:
Now AIT is in real trouble. I cannot readily recall any court case Tinubu did not win. Even against stubborn and much wiser OBJ led FG. But with a desperate and "I-don't-give-a-damn" GEJ led FG behind AIT, this is going to be a real test.

Akuko uwa.The thief of bourdilluon is going down
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by mycar: 5:46am On Mar 07, 2015
Is the content of the documentary true or fabricated? if fabricated, then he should be suing them for that but if it's true then AIT is only doing their investigative journalism work and it can be sponsored by any interested party.

I have never heard of any celebrity suing any media for carrying out any true negative news report against them.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by egift(m): 6:08am On Mar 07, 2015
mycar:
Is the content of the documentary true or fabricated? if fabricated, then he should be suing them for that but if it's true then AIT is only doing their investigative journalism work and it can be sponsored by any interested party.

I have never heard of any celebrity suing any media for carrying out any true negative news report against them.

The documentary is a bundle pf lies aimed at smearing the name of Tinubu. Also AIT are hiding the so called "Sponsors". And if the Government and all the anti-graft agencies have evidence that Tinubu is Corrupt, why have they not arrest and prosecuted Tinubu? The goal of the AIT dance of Shame is to smear the name of Tinubu and hand Lagos over to PDP to squander.

NeverAgain: We will not give PDP Nigeria or Lagos to squander.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by mycar: 6:19am On Mar 07, 2015
egift:

The documentary is a bundle pf lies aimed at smearing the name of Tinubu. Also AIT are hiding the so called "Sponsors". And if the Government and all the anti-graft agencies have evidence that Tinubu is Corrupt, why have they not arrest and prosecuted Tinubu? The goal of the AIT dance of Shame is to smear the name of Tinubu and hand Lagos over to PDP to squander.

NeverAgain: We will not give PDP Nigeria or Lagos to squander.

What if the documentary is true? That Means, AIT is off the hook, meanwhile, AIT is not obligated to tell us the sponsor's name. They aired the documentary and must had carried out the necessary research to authenticate the content before airing.

In as much as I haven't watched it, I still believe that the content was backed by some pictorial evidences.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by PassingShot(m): 6:29am On Mar 07, 2015
No amount of smear campaign will do it for PDP this time around. Tinubu is their father when it comes to the kind of politics they like to play. For every Obasanjo , Bode George and Jonathan, a Tinubu is needed to checkmate them.

Most Nigerians have had enough of the looting and stealing of GEJ and have decided to vote for change represented by Buhari/Osinbajo.

If PDP actually employed wisdom in what they do, this type of documentary will only be aired like a week to election for maximum effect. But as it is that they're mumu, they released it four weeks to election thereby giving APC/Tinubu enough time to counter/lessen the effect.

Intelligence without wisdom amounts to zero.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by ibrahym47(m): 6:42am On Mar 07, 2015
PassingShot:
No amount of smear campaign will do it for PDP this time around. Tinubu is their father when it comes to the kind of politics they like to play. For every Obasanjo , Bode George and Jonathan, a Tinubu is needed to checkmate them.

Most Nigerians have had enough of the looting and stealing of GEJ and have decided to vote for change represented by Buhari/Osinbajo.

If PDP actually employed wisdom in what they do, this type of documentary will only be aired like a week to election for maximum effect. But as it is that they're mumu, they released it four weeks to election thereby giving APC/Tinubu enough time to counter/lessen the effect.

Intelligence without wisdom amounts to zero.
Brainbox

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by egift(m): 6:45am On Mar 07, 2015
mycar:

What if the documentary is true? That Means, AIT is off the hook, meanwhile, AIT is not obligated to tell us the sponsor's name. They aired the documentary and must had carried out the necessary research to authenticate the content before airing.

In as much as I haven't watched it, I still believe that the content was backed by some pictorial evidences.

They are now in court, let AIT prove themselves. The fact remains if not for PDP desperate quest for power by all means, what PDP has done negates many NBC rules. Will AIT and NTA allow such to be aired on their platform against PDP in power? No why?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by PassingShot(m): 6:48am On Mar 07, 2015
egift:

They are now in court, let AIT prove themselves. The fact remains if not for PDP desperate quest for power by all means, what PDP has done negates many NBC rules. Will AIT and NTA allow such to be aired on their platform against PDP in power? No why?

Notwithstanding, I expect APC to come up with a more damaging documentary on GEJ/PDP's looting of our reserves and ECA. Such documentary should only be released not earlier than five days to the presidential election.
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by Sanguine77(m): 7:12am On Mar 07, 2015
They can fight as much as they like.

Meanwhile, today is my birthday. If you know my house, come grab a bottle.
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by djfaithy: 7:23am On Mar 07, 2015
The same politics that got dokpesi distracted to the extent he almost went bankrupt few years ago due to series of bad decisions he made, just like someone stated up there, AIT may really be in bigger mess than they could see, olanipekun SAN and Tinubu are two wizards that shouldn't be taken with levity.....
Re: Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 07, 2015
Waoooo. AIT demise would be faster than I had hoped for.

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: Why You Will Keep Queuing For Fuel / Bombs Are Back - Economist / Throwback Picture Of Gen Yakubu Gowon On His Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.