Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1101350 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by seedorff01: 10:50pm On May 23, 2015
jemmiee:
mehn check ds out! since 10.30pm last night. my husband put off d Gen at 10.30pm. my battery was 91%. I used it tru out d night, I didn't sleep. I was playing an online game wit 3G on truout, til 6am I slept n woke up n from 8.30am I've been playing game till now, my battery is 10% nw.
choi my own battery no dey last like this o abi na fake i buy lolz tho i dey charge with small gen, big gen n power bank cuz nepa no dey my area
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by klexycole(m): 11:35pm On May 23, 2015
MrsJemiee:
exactly!
*Want You To Confirm The AIR GESTURE On The Phone,The One They Said If You Flip Your Hand Cross The Phone When A Call Enter,The Phone Will Automatically Pick The Call*

*With The Help Of A Screenshot If Possible*
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cafedeluv(m): 11:46pm On May 23, 2015
klexycole:
*Want You To Confirm The AIR GESTURE On The Phone,The One They Said If You Flip Your Hand Cross The Phone When A Call Enter,The Phone Will Automatically Pick The Call*

* With The Help Of A Screenshot If Possible *
How will that work?
The screenshot won't show the "hand wave".
It's only a video or live review that can give you what you need.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by klexycole(m): 12:01am On May 24, 2015
cafedeluv:

How will that work?
The screenshot won't show the "hand wave".
It's only a video or live review that can give you what you need.
Wah I Meant Is The Screenshot Of The Option In The ACTION SETTING On The Device.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by sauceEEP(m): 12:02am On May 24, 2015
All I see is battery this, battery that... No other superb features.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:23am On May 24, 2015
nonny400:

I haven't used Gen,but power bank is okay depending on the mah

Yep! After I exhausted the battery to 1%, I was able to charge it with electricity to 85% before power was cut off. I continued charging with my Duracell travel charger with output of 1Ah (1000mAh) to 98%. Any power bank with output capacity of 1Ah can charge it. It took about 1hour to reach 85% and 27 mins to complete it.

Voila!!!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:29am On May 24, 2015
MrsJemiee:
mine is only 5200mah
Wow! Wow! Wow! Yours with charge in record time! 5200mAh=5.2Ah Talk about super fast charging.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by RhemaDavids(f): 3:03am On May 24, 2015
my phone fell down last night and the screen broke pls how do I fix it crying.....

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by EagleRex: 6:40am On May 24, 2015
If I have to choose between Moto G (2nd Gen) and Infinix Hot Note, which phone should I go for ?
I need honest answers please.. smiley
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 6:46am On May 24, 2015
nonny400:

I haven't used Gen,but power bank is okay depending on the mah

Bro, this infinix Hot Note dey suck power bank oo.. My 11k mah power bank na just once full charge I dey get, unlike my Tecno h6, i got nearly 5times full charge.. Buh den d inot battery is wow...
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 6:53am On May 24, 2015
Pls aous.. Is anyone using the Glass screen protector?? I don search jumia I no see oo... Wia una take get ham and aw much??
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cafedeluv(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2015
samintegrity:
Pls aous.. Is anyone using the Glass screen protector?? I don search jumia I no see oo... Wia una take get ham and aw much??
Check this link:
http://www.jumia. com.ng /mobapi/v1.6/hot-note-screen-protector-201521.html

remove the whitespaces in the address
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cafedeluv(m): 7:35am On May 24, 2015
klexycole:
Wah I Meant Is The Screenshot Of The Option In The ACTION SETTING On The Device.
Here

Mind you, the feature was removed in one of the updates.

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cafedeluv(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2015
samintegrity:

Bro, this infinix Hot Note dey suck power bank oo.. My 11k mah power bank na just once full charge I dey get, unlike my Tecno h6, i got nearly 5times full charge.. Buh den d inot battery is wow...
True... My fully charged 12000mAh powerbank charges the x551 from 0-100% just once, leaving the powerbank at 2-3%
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cafedeluv(m): 7:45am On May 24, 2015
RhemaDavids:
my phone fell down last night and the screen broke pls how do I fix it crying.....
Sorry dear, I can feel your fpain. Hope the screen still responds to touch.
Carlcare is your only option for now. You can also call jumia customers service line for help.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 8:17am On May 24, 2015
cafedeluv:

True... My fully charged 12000mAh powerbank charges the x551 from 0-100% just once, leaving the powerbank at 2-3%

Lolz.. Infinix Hot Note battery badt gan oo.. Na murderer oo.. If u ain't changing wif its follow cum charger na long tin ooo... I cum begin to wonder if my 11k power bank don spoil ni.. Den i realized it cud only be cos IHot Note battery is way larger than my h6.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 8:21am On May 24, 2015
cafedeluv:

Check this link:
http://www.jumia. com.ng /mobapi/v1.6/hot-note-screen-protector-201521.html

remove the whitespaces in the address

Thanks boss.. Will check now, likewise seriously u meant that wake up function was removed upon new update?? I avnt updated thou.. Waiting for lollipop update b4 i upgrade besides i don root ham oo.. Buh i already backup using cwm.. So anytime the lollipop update shows which i hope soonest, i wil delete my backup and make a fresh backup to include my recent information on the phone den i upgrade.

Or av u came across any lollipop rom for this baby??
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by nonny400(m): 8:29am On May 24, 2015
samintegrity:

Mine finished my 20,000mah power bank,yet it was on 79%.
I had no choice but to return it,because I suspected it was fake.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 9:08am On May 24, 2015
nonny400:

Mine finished my 20,000mah power bank,yet it was on 79%.
I had no choice but to return it,because I suspected it was fake.

Lolz.. Inote battery been killing power bank since 1800BC. Btw i saw a post somewhere on nairaland.. I will try to quote it hia.. It states its advisable to charge from 40%-80% instead of our usual practice of 0% or 1%..what's ur take on this boss??
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 9:12am On May 24, 2015
Youpele52:
"

Here's the truth behind five major phone charging myths.

Myth 3: Charging your phone overnight kills the battery.
The truth: Your phone is smarter than you think. Once it's fully juiced up, it knows to stop charging . That means the battery isn't even in use at all.
However, that doesn't mean you should be charging your phone all night, every night. You wouldn't fill a cup with water if it was already full, would you? Your battery life will last longer if you keep your phone charged between 40% and 80%.
Myth 4: You don't need to turn your phone off — ever.
The truth: Your phone may be a machine, but it still needs to take a few breaks. An Apple Genius said that in order to maximize battery life, you should turn off your phone from time to time, especially when you go to bed at night.
At the very least, Apple experts recommend turning your phone off once a week in order to preserve battery life.
Turning off your phone is important for Android devices as well. A simple reboot can help restore battery life.
Myth 5: Don't charge your phone until it's completely dead.
The truth: It's better to charge your phone every day than to do a " deep charge " from time to time.
Lithium-ion batteries, like the kind used in
Samsung and Apple products fare better when they're charged. If you constantly let them drain to 0%, they become unstable. Your battery has a finite number of charge cycles, and every time it fully dies, that's another cycle out the window.
BONUS: Fact — heat will ruin a battery.
The truth: This is absolutely true. Heat and tech don't generally go hand-in-hand, and that's no different with phone batteries.
Lithium-ion batteries heat themselves, and get hotter while they're being charged. Cold weather can also have a negative impact on a phone's life, and a cold battery will die faster than usual in low temperatures.
Your phone will be safe if you keep it within its recommended temperatures; Apple says 32 degrees Fahrenheit is the lowest recommended temperature for an iPhone's environment. Samsung, on the other hand, guarantees its phones can function anywhere between -4 and 122 degrees.

Source:
http://mashable.com/2014/06/18/phone-charging-myths/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-tech-link

What do you guys say about this??
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by lanre316: 9:14am On May 24, 2015
samintegrity:

Lolz.. Inote battery been killing power bank since 1800BC. Btw i saw a post somewhere on nairaland.. I will try to quote it hia.. It states its advisable to charge from 40%-80% instead of our usual practice of 0% or 1%..what's ur take on this boss??

Only the first charge is advised to be from 0-100%. Which is once or twice max. On a normal day it's not advisable to allow any battery to fully deplete every time. And ihot not battery performs best if it's not fully charged to 100 % on a normal day.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Nonnypikaso(m): 9:30am On May 24, 2015
Infinix hot note just taught me dat Big tins comes in small packages.......rilly enjoying dis phone men!!!! D ba3 na die.......d camera na dier..... D sound na diest.....lol. Tank God for dis phone ooooo..... Nt regretting getting it atall.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by RhemaDavids(f): 9:35am On May 24, 2015
cafedeluv:

Sorry dear, I can feel your fpain. Hope the screen still responds to touch.
Carlcare is your only option for now. You can also call jumia customers service line for help.
how do I get to carlcare I stay in anambra serving in Osun state or jumia service line
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 9:36am On May 24, 2015
lanre316:

Only the first charge is advised to be from 0-100%. Which is once or twice max. On a normal day it's not advisable to allow any battery to fully deplete every time. And ihot not battery performs best if it's not fully charged to 100 % on a normal day.

Thanks boss.. Like seriously for the past few days av been charging from 0% - 95% buh i think m gonna stop doing that.. Will charge from let's say 10%-90% now.. Buh ones a month I will charge from 0%..what say u on dat?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by nonny400(m): 9:39am On May 24, 2015
samintegrity:

What do you guys say about this??

It's advisable to drain your battery once every week. Just once,and charge from 0%.
Forget those cycle things Cos people use their phones for years without problem, except maybe they charge with wrong current.
I like draining my battery once in a while.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by nonny400(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2015
RhemaDavids:
how do I get to carlcare I stay in anambra serving in Osun state or jumia service line

If you're in Anambra, Onitsha to be precise,go to new market road near main market.
That's where you can find it.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by samintegrity(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2015
nonny400:

It's advisable to drain your battery once every week. Just once,and charge from 0%.
Forget those cycle things Cos people use their phones for years without problem, except maybe they charge with wrong current.
I like draining my battery once in a while.

Hmmmmmm... I think m gonna charge from 0% once a month.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by nonny400(m): 9:55am On May 24, 2015
samintegrity:

Hmmmmmm... I think m gonna charge from 0% once a month.

Actually, charging from 0% doesn't spoil the battery. I do it a lot on all my devices. It's just that when it's on 0%, some people will plug it in and still be pressing it. That's wrong.

So,charge whenever you want bro.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Dumchuks(m): 9:58am On May 24, 2015
Orubebed:

wetin this one dey talk? If you get the phone,why u no talk about other things? And if you no get the phone,abeg go out,make i close door for tonight

See mumu...... Next
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cafedeluv(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2015
RhemaDavids:
Either of these 2 should be close to your location:
Carlcare
1st Floor,
44B New Market Road,
Onitsha.
Tel: 08181176195

Or
Carlcare
Isolak Building,
Queen Elizabeth Road, Ibadan, Oyo State.
Tel: 08172005296
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cafedeluv(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2015
RhemaDavids:

Jumia Customer Service Channels:
BBM - C0042E15C, 7E0E45BA
Wechat - 08181280977
Whatsapp - 08181280977
Palmchat - 9910003
Tweeter - @JumiaNGHelp
Tel: 01 460 4400 / 0700 6000 00
Email: service@jumia. com.ng
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by RhemaDavids(f): 10:11am On May 24, 2015
nonny400:

If you're in Anambra, Onitsha to be precise,go to new market road near main market.
That's where you can find it.
OK thanks but don't know know new market road and who to contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.