Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station (1172 Views)

My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert / Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / Your Best Tv Advert And Your All Time Most Useless Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by Sowl(m): 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
I had to bring up this topic with what I saw on an old thread that dates back to the year 2013 on naira land..... The topic talked about the worst TV commercials created by a company and aired by a TV station. And I couldn't help myself but laugh out loud at the witty,funny,frank and maybe harsh critics made by nairalanders grin about the said adverts,the highly criticised advert would be that of Honeywell products(who on GODs lovely earth directs adverts for that coy ) but its all good. Now I was left to ponder if really there wasn't any outstanding and creative advert aired on any 9JA station in the last decade in the history of 9JA TV commercials with the millions of naira invested in such projects and the efforts directed towards it also.
IMO a few adverts have stood out in terms of creativity, which mostly have been MTN adverts, I can recall in the early days of MTN.in Nigeria an advert where a young guy had a crush on a lady he always saw at a nearby park and didn't have the courage to talk to her and one thing led to another ( can't really remember how the whole advert played out) he was able to get her number and later called her.. The catch phrase " thought u had never ask" still rings a bell to me till today and the wonderfully crafted smile and dimples of the lady in question. I could go on and on with the few adverts which were quite creative which are mostly MTN related adverts IMO, but for the sake of saving you guys from a long post would stop here for now.
I need u guys to tell me which advert in your opinion in the last decade or more on Nigerian stations have been an hallmark of creative thinking, with a well laid out message for the target audience according to you.
Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by kilokeys(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
mama do good o.. e do good.. e give us indomie.. indomie..

it was so touching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by Sowl(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
kilokeys:
mama do good o.. e do good.. e give us indomie.. indomie..

it was so touching
I think I quite agree with u to some extent.. That advert in a way brought out the child-like part of me anytime it was aired and not to forget my quite energetic baby niece who would jump and gyrate at the sound of the theme song of the advert... I was forced tohgo download the jingle as a substitute pacifier for her anytime she was pissed grin .

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
Access bank advert grin

MR MONEY dancing with those babes grin

makes me laff a lot anytime i see d advert
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by Jaypea98: 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
SAKA 'I don port to MTN'
Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by Sowl(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:
Access bank advert grin

MR MONEY dancing with those babes grin

makes me laff a lot anytime i see d advert
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Guess I wouldn't be wrong to say the two major ish that makes a mans world seem like a roller coaster ride in life ( money and women) makes you feel larger than life even when it is portrayed in an advert!!!! wink
Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by Swiftlee(m): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
SkyBank Advert: ...I wish I had a friend helping grow..in everyway..skybank is always there saying yes to...I like that advert mhen! Creative

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by kokoA(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sterline Bank.. 1 customer bank advert. . "My friend Udeme".... Guniess stout advert.
Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by prof800(m): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
Papilo, I know say one day you go make us proud. smiley
Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by jerflakes(m): 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
Twinkle twinkle little star advert... By how i wonder what you are.

Very popular
Re: Which Is The Best TV Advert You Have Seen On A Nigerian Station by countsparrow: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2015
Etisalat bounce....

Sammy oposu

(1) (Reply)

Latest Bollywood And WWE Videos Downloads Website / What Is The Scariest American Movie You've Watched? / Fast And Furious 9 Should Be Rated 2/5.. See Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.