Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Does Money Bring 'joy' ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Money Bring 'joy' ? (1509 Views)

Pastor Joy Increase Praying With Cane In A Church In America (Photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:01am On Mar 08, 2015
Good day nairalanders.

I was in a bus yesterday and this convo. Struck varieties of passengers with their raging voices. The question is ''DOES MONEY BRING JOY''. Wait a second, don't be quick to answer.
According to the man, he said - JOY and HAPPINESS are distinctively different. He said, Money brings happiness and not Joy, the only thing that brings Joy is 'KNOWING GOD'.
I kinda disagree with the part that, Money doesn't bring JOY.
so, i'm throwing this back to the house, whayasay?!
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by dkronicle(m): 7:03am On Mar 08, 2015
Lets halla @pzquare 1st or beta still oristefemi nono patoranking..
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:05am On Mar 08, 2015
dkronicle:
Lets halla @pzquare 1st or beta still oristefemi nono patoranking..
ok sir, NOTED. So, can you please answer the question if ypu got answers.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2015
Money doesn't bring joy though it's good to have it, but Joy comes from within..
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 08, 2015
grin im not a Nairalander, but in my opinion, yeah there is difference in meaning between happiness & joy... grin
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by endymetrix(m): 7:15am On Mar 08, 2015
The bible says ''for money answereth all things'' I will add it answereth joy too. For me, Money made from a genuine source brings JOY and Fufilment!!!

1 Like

Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by Tallesty1(m): 7:26am On Mar 08, 2015
I am here
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by dkronicle(m): 7:26am On Mar 08, 2015
Must a soothsayer tell u yess ? Go and live under bridge for 2months and tell me if being broke makes u sad..
ceeSleek:
ok sir, NOTED. So, can you please answer the question if ypu got answers.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:30am On Mar 08, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Money doesn't bring joy though it's good to have it, but Joy comes from within..
i appreciate your comment. Now, tell me. ''imagine a person, sleeping under the bridge, feeds once a day (if he is lucky ). No jon, no money. Now tell me does he have joy?
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
you're in your own car travelling from Lagos To abuja with air-condition and a driver driving you, is that not Joy? If its not Joy, why not trek it. [an example the man made]
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am here
yesz boss i c yu. Make a comment on the topic.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by laplace12(m): 7:44am On Mar 08, 2015
Money doesn't bring joy.
but chronic lack of money will make you sad sad
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2015
endymetrix:
The bible says ''for money answereth all things'' I will add it answereth joy too. For me, Money made from a genuine source brings JOY and Fufilment!!!
my broda, God bless you. This your comment is the best to me. ''Money made from genuine source''.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by Ruq: 7:54am On Mar 08, 2015
Money cant buy happpiness but it can't make you sad either.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:57am On Mar 08, 2015
KashyBaby:
grin im not a Nairalander, but in my opinion, yeah there is difference in meaning between happiness & joy... grin
my sis, you'll do us a big favour by explaining it.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 7:59am On Mar 08, 2015
Ruq:
Money cant buy happpiness but it can't make you sad either.
please, re-read the post for better comprehension. Thank you.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 8:09am On Mar 08, 2015
dkronicle:
Must a soothsayer tell u yess ? Go and live under bridge for 2months and tell me if being broke makes u sad..
hehehe... Clever dude..
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 8:12am On Mar 08, 2015
laplace12:
Money doesn't bring joy.
but chronic lack of money will make you sad sad
you live in a house, you eat good food, you are wearing a cloth right now. If you don't have all these, tell me how are you going to have Joy?!
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by Ruq: 8:14am On Mar 08, 2015
ceeSleek:
please, re-read the post for better comprehension. Thank you.

For your mind now your IQ naah 150 abi, and still you can't identify humour. re-read my post.

By your friggin statement, non-believers never no Joy shey, mtcheew. Does it occur to your you can't have joy if you're not happy. Tops joy is a synonym for happiness, so when you have and say you're say you're still looking for happiness, mehn that brother need help.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by golor(m): 8:14am On Mar 08, 2015
For me,I think happiness nd joy re one nd same thing,they re both interwine nd interwoven,for u to say they re not thesame,first tell us d difference before concluding they re not thesame.can one b happy without an atom of joy in it?or can one b said to have joy without any expression of happiness?I fill they re just one nd thesame thing.

Now to answer ur question,money brings abt joy nd happiness bt without money they can still b joy nd happiness.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 10:16am On Mar 08, 2015
Ruq:

For your mind now your IQ naah 150 abi, and still you can't identify humour. re-read my post.

By your friggin statement, non-believers never no Joy shey, mtcheew. Does it occur to your you can't have joy if you're not happy. Tops joy is a synonym for happiness, so when you have and say you're say you're still looking for happiness, mehn that brother need help.
bro, i still oblige on you again to re-read the post at your perusal. (you are like a toyota running on a railway track) Thank you and God bless you as you do.
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 10:35am On Mar 08, 2015
golor:
For me,I think happiness nd joy re one nd same thing,they re both interwine nd interwoven,for u to say they re not thesame,first tell us d difference before concluding they re not thesame.can one b happy without an atom of joy in it?or can one b said to have joy without any expression of happiness?I fill they re just one nd thesame thing.

Now to answer ur question,money brings abt joy nd happiness bt without money they can still b joy nd happiness.
nice one bro, you are entitled to your own view. Let me just opine with this scenario. ''nnamdi needed just #1000 to complete his school fees, he had no money on him, he was sad.. Then, nkechi his friend came and gave him #500, that was what she had. Nnamdi, was happy but he still needed #500 to complete the money'' now, would you say nnamdi has Joy as he is happy?
Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by AdeniyiA(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2015
many people here do not know what joy is because they have not EXPERIENCE it whereas you FEEL happiness. That's why you can say joy comes from within,. Money may NEVER give you joy but happiness which is short-lived. with or without money you can have joy but you can't be truly happy without money.
You can however use your money to get joy when you spend it in love through giving nd changing lives.

1 Like

Re: Does Money Bring 'joy' ? by ceeSleek(m): 12:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
AdeniyiA:
many people here do not know what joy is because they have not EXPERIENCE it whereas you FEEL happiness. That's why you can say joy comes from within,. Money can NEVER give you joy but happiness which is short-lived. with or without money you can have joy but you can't be truly happy without money.
You can however use your money to get joy when you spend it in love through giving nd changing lives.
another brilliant post. Thank u, broda.

(1) (Reply)

UK Clears Bishop Oyedepo & Winners Chapel London Of £16 Million Money Laundering / Atheist And Agnostic Group On Whatsapp! / If 'Jesus' Woke Up On The 3rd Day, How Was It A Sacrifice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.