Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km (2410 Views)

8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced / I Intend To Take My Car Mileage To 500,000km / Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2015
My NEIHBOUR travelled to the village last year and on his way back his timing belt snapped, luckily there was no valve damage (7A-FE engine) he replaced the timing belt and move on presently his car is @150,000km if he had changed the timing belt @ 80k or 100k I'm sure he would have avoided the snap.

Yesterday his car didn't start, so having gazzuzz as his NEIHBOUR he called me to check it I scanned and found no codes! But there was no spark and no injection of fuel. I checked fuses relays, all were intact.

Using a digital mm I checked for a pulse at the crankshaft position sensor and there was none!

Removed timing belt cover and pulley and I was shocked to see a cracked belt just waiting to snap shocked when I removed the crank sensor I noticed the belt had damaged its surface and cause it to fail, bits of the belt were also visible in the lower parts of the timing belt area.

If you ever have to replace your timing belt, please insist on original belts by reputable manufacturers, not the 3k belts sold in the market. If you cannot find original and you are stuck on the road, ensure you replace quickly.

If you are the type that changes oil every six weeks you could just throw in a timing belt every now and then (my number de my signature I de supply belt) tongue

Fake belts will kill your engine really fast, insist on original.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by kablooee: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2015
God help us in this Country. This is actually a wicked thing to do, people importing fake parts should be jailed for life. I blame useless SON.
Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 08, 2015
Chei! My country people don suffer, no be small thing. cry

But come o, Oga Gazzuzz, you sure say no be dat ya strong hand wey you dey take hold spanner, scatter dat belt like dat ni? angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18am On Mar 08, 2015
Siena:

But come o, Oga Gazzuzz, you sure say no be dat ya strong hand wey you dey take hold spanner, scatter dat belt like dat ni? angry

Bia nwokem be kiaful angry

My hands are soft and tender wink

2 Likes

Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Bia nwokem be kiaful angry

My hands are soft and tender wink

Hia! The belt says otherwise. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by jboixxx: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
My NEIHBOUR travelled to the village last year and on his way back his timing belt snapped, luckily there was no valve damage (7A-FE engine) he replaced the timing belt and move on presently his car is @150,000km if he had changed the timing belt @ 80k or 100k I'm sure he would have avoided the snap.

Yesterday his car didn't start, so having gazzuzz as his NEIHBOUR he called me to check it I scanned and found no codes! But there was no spark and no injection of fuel. I checked fuses relays, all were intact.

Using a digital mm I checked for a pulse at the crankshaft position sensor and there was none!

Removed timing belt cover and pulley and I was shocked to see a cracked belt just waiting to snap shocked when I removed the crank sensor I noticed the belt had damaged its surface and cause it to fail, bits of the belt were also visible in the lower parts of the timing belt area.

If you ever have to replace your timing belt, please insist on original belts by reputable manufacturers, not the 3k belts sold in the market. If you cannot find original and you are stuck on the road, ensure you replace quickly.

If you are the type that changes oil every six weeks you could just throw in a timing belt every now and then (my number de my signature I de supply belt) tongue

Fake belts will kill your engine really fast, insist on original.
Lol at bold.

3 Likes

Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by Kashif(m): 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Siena:

Siena and humour? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by sultaan(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
You get what you pay for they system and market is made to be flooded with fakes and that is when you get
Re: Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km by eherbal(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
How much for ya original timing belt bros? grin

(1) (Reply)

Very Neat Tayota Camry Big Yansh Model For Sale / Help!!! I Bought A Nigerian Used Car Without Custom Duty / BMW X5 - Good For A First Time Female Owner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.