Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,480 members, 7,958,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? (4174 Views)

Exact Description Not Show On Google Search Result / Does Vogue Pay Now Accept Other Currencies? / How Is good is Payconnect and lhpay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by halimat1985(f): 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
Quick tip to LHPay staff (International processor without a Nigerian address whose staff spend all their time on Nigerian forum):
You can get seo service on fiverr for $5. That's if this does not impact your yearly budget too much.
It may also be possible to get a linux admin to tune your server on fiverr for $5.
That's a $10 expense for you. You can get a loan for it.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Vinshu(f): 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mr/Mrs/Ms coolsix ... Please say something! This is going out of hand!

I am even having second thoughts about lhpay.

I just pulled up a chat with them and see their response

The person said he/she was chatting from India.

Someone tell me, is lhpay risky? or bad? or good? Or is this just about the image above which was changed? i am confused here

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by GodMode: 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
Halimat1985 vs vinshu vs kunlayd

Patiently waiting for vinshugringringrin

Halimat1985 has started "showing off" too much...

Let's see how this ends gringringringringringrin
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by moderatorr1: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
halimat1985:

You get job for me?

Now for those who are surprised that a lady can make tech analysis, here's more:

1. Using same image, same design and even google fonts is more than a coincidence for a payment processor. A payment processor is not a blog or forum where you can just install an opensource solution and get templates. Every line of html, css, javascript and probably php will have to be carefully planned. I have checked both sites and they were both developed from scratch. None of them used a commercial or opensource payment processing app. Verify this with http://builtwith.com/

2. LHPay had a logo that indicates LHPay.in (.in is for india) and they claim they are in USA and Cyprus but they are using same image, design, fonts e.t.c with a Nigerian company. The black people in the image are not typical of Indian or European or American company. Who is deceiving who? A real company will consider its market, this will influence its strategy which includes design. if i owned LHPay, i would use an image that contained mixed races.

3. They quickly changed their picture after i posted my analysis. Seems like they were awaiting my post. lols.

4. They claim nairaland account is operated by Any Staff of LHPay on behalf of the company. Seriously? If I am a staff of the company, i can just post rubbish without approval or authorisation? Are you even a company at all or you need to learn how companies are run. SO every staff knows your company's Nairaland password? Dia is God o.

For the records, I am not a teenager and i am not a he. Stop expecting everyone to be a male before they can have a brain.
Sorry LHPay guys, i just dont like rip offs.
Chai! Pls checkout this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2189300/good-geeks-here-please-review
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nuralaexy: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Bia, Moderatorr1, what has Bokoharam video link got to the do with the present discussion on Lhpay? Are you trying to taken attention away from this present discussion? Oga, so many question are been thrown and no reply or answers are coming up. Even Coolsix has chickened out. Abeg, focus on the topic not Bokoharam.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by moderatorr1: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
halimat1985:
My posts definitely makes sense but it wont make sense to LHPay and their staff posting on Nairaland with different identities.

What do you expect? That i should blindly say that LHPay is properly setup? Abeg, no let me start analyzing the "International Payment Processor".
Just try to upload sitemap.xml, robots.txt and work on your seo optimisation seriously. This may help you rank better, maybe like 600,000 globally and 100,000 in Nigeria.
Also, you may need a server administrator to tune your server. Its too slow. Its not suitable for large API connections.
I'm available for consultation but no free lunch. lol.
Lhpay should employ this girl
and ...

LHPay Boss

Should marry her and get rich smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by CreativeWeb(m): 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
@Nuralaexy, what ar the questions been raised? Can you list them for me? I am not affiliated to lhpay, but I can see that you guys are just making mountain out of nothing. From my own observation, the owner of lhpay is certainly a Nigerian living in Cyprus. I have not seen any strong reason to label lhpay a scam arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by onyengbu: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
CreativeWeb:
From my own observation, the owner of lhpay is certainly a Nigerian living in Cyprus. I have not seen any strong reason to label lhpay a scam arrangement.
Exactly!
Now its quite lame for people to begin name calling, server tuning and web design lectures over this.
Its possible there is something fishy but it is senseless to start accusations without being 100% sure.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Nuralaexy: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hmmmm..., LHPay is now owned by a Nigerian living in Cyprus? This na the latest update abi. I wonder what the next update would be like. U dis LHPay guys should wiseup and luk for better talks. Try salvage some pride in your stupidity. It would help cover ur mess. Halimat has done a lot and even offered herself as help. Wiseup lhpay.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Kunlayd: 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
I wont be the one to conclude whether lhpay is genuine or not. Na person wey put hin money for that kain business get issue. No business ethics, no sign of moral responsibility. How can a business or its one million staffs stationed on Nairaland be talking about how legitimate it is to clone, imitate, or copy a site? Have they no image to create and protect for themselves? Really sad. As a start up biz, It wont be wrong to go and stake my bet on seeing lhpay crash within this year. If this is the quality of people they can put on the field, then they cannot be any better inside.

A quick summary of what I learnt:
1) A staff says they only have a cyprus and US address.
2) Another refuses to say if he's in Nigeria or a Nigerian.
3) They claim they dont have an india address
4) Nairalanders dug up posts where these same one million staffs provided Nigerian phone numbers for lhpay
5) Another Nairalander shares a chat where a staff claims to be chatting from india (her home? abi dem don get india address in 48hrs?)
6) A staff abi na Nairalander claims lhpay is owned by a Nigerian living in cyprus
7) They claim they do not have interswitch in their dna
cool A Nairalander dug up posts where they claimed to have interswitch
9) A Nairalander challenges them to deny the fact that they were kicked out by interswitch and gtpay.
They went silent for the fear of being exposed.

Yet, some think all the noise is about nothing? No way I'm ever opening an account with these chameleons.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by Vinshu(f): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kunlayd:

A quick summary of what I learnt:
1) A staff says they only have a cyprus and US address.
2) Another refuses to say if he's in Nigeria or a Nigerian.
3) They claim they dont have an india address
4) Nairalanders dug up posts where these same one million staffs provided Nigerian phone numbers for lhpay
5) Another Nairalander shares a chat where a staff claims to be chatting from india (her home? abi dem don get india address in 48hrs?)
6) A staff abi na Nairalander claims lhpay is owned by a Nigerian living in cyprus
7) They claim they do not have interswitch in their dna
cool A Nairalander dug up posts where they claimed to have interswitch
9) A Nairalander challenges them to deny the fact that they were kicked out by interswitch and gtpay.
They went silent for the fear of being exposed.

Yet, some think all the noise is about nothing? No way I'm ever opening an account with these chameleons.

Because, a few people do not go in accordance with your smear does not mean they are affiliated with lhpay. I am no lhpay staff but i have to say the truth where the truth must be said!

As you can see, lhpay removed/changed the image because that is the only thing that appears to be copied! They never tried to claim ownership of the image. And regarding cloning, LHpay is not similar to voguepay.. they are two different sites.. I just Investigated lhpay and i can see the "FlatHost" trademark at their footer and after googling "FlatHost" i see they customized the FlatHost WHMCS template to fit their needs! So LHPAY NEVER COPIED VOGUEPAY!

Lets be honest with ourselves and stop this smear campaign against the company. You said you will never open an account, well good for you.. The business has been existing for the past 1 year even before they knew you existed and its not going to end now..

You talk about the one who refuse to say he is Nigerian, tell me, how does that affect you in anyway? if you are not interested in Merchant Providers outside your country, then good luck! Its not compulsory. The user responded and told you he cannot specify because any staff access the account. What part of that dont you understand? I have been to bigger forums and i would see usernames like "LCart26" which is actually representing a company called "License Cart" that LCart26 is not one person.. Its different people accessing the account. That does not affect Sales or Production!

From this whole post.. Nobody from lhpay mentioned anything about Indian Address! If you are trying to populate a list to strangle a company trying to expand to Nigerian Market.. Be my guest! Also the Nigerian Phone Number, i saw it too.. It happens sometimes! Maybe the person was a Nigerian staff who was trying to attract potential Nigerian Merchants.. Have you not seen companies where their staffs give you their private contact details? C'mon lets be honest for once.. My Authorize.net account Manager.. i have his private contact. So it must have been a private contact.

The Nairalander who shares a chat where the staff mentioned India.. its English! He asked where she was chatting from, She mentioned India.. It could be her home! As long as she provides the necessary information the customer needs via the Chat, that is what matters not where she is chatting from. We have so many companies where their staffs work from Home or their own local office. And they may have a local office in India which they do not intend to publicize.. Is it wrong? I dont blame Coolsix for keeping shut.. as that is the best thing to do! Not because he is wrong because he is not wrong, but this is just a smear.

The one who said lhpay is owned by Nigerian living in Cyprus is only giving an opinion, and not a fact! Creativeweb is no staff.. this same creativeweb told lhpay to change their name on public forum.. will a Staff do that? Why calling people who stand behind the company staffs? Oh you want everyone to blindly support you?

Regarding being kicked out of interswitch, you have no concrete evidence to state that they were kicked out of interswitch. If Voguepay partners with a Bank abroad that allows them render MSP Services, do you think they would use Interswitch? No they would not.. Its a fact! They would take it down and upgrade! See so many Nigerian processors spending thousands integrating different gateways just to accept cards.. Interswitch is a setback.. you pay N150,000 and yet you cannot even receive money from someone in USA so its nothing to be proud of.

Just stop this smear campaign of yours.. I am no staff of lhpay.. check my profile, i have bashed LoadedHost and LHPay in the past when they were not doing too okay.. and i see they adjusted themselves. So dont think i am a staff for not supporting you in destroying a company's reputation. Most of you dont even know 2% of how credit cards are authorized let alone starting a payment processor..

I wish LHPay success in their future endeavors!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by adewasco2k(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
You guys criticizing LHPay are just so pointless in your criticism.

They used a similar or same template/picture as that on VoguePay? And so what? Its not a crime if the pictures ain't copyrighted.

Let's say I want to start up a payment procesding company.... First thing to do is check out the design of most successful once and probably contact the web developer if I can get him to deliver similar but different website.

Its becoming an habit on Nairaland....if there is a complain about a company.... Every other person just come up and start tanishing the image of that company....I hope you don't fall a victim
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by CreativeWeb(m): 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Vinshu, you are a wise person. Thank you so much.

As for others except Onyegbu, I can see your childishness. Even Halimat1985 went on to talk about tuning a server and load speed. Arrant n0nsense!

Someone chatting from India, is it an issue? Are there not virtual workers that work from home? Those MTN customer support persons that pick your call by 2am, do you think they sleep inside MTN office?

A company doesnt need to have office in Nigeria to target Nigeria. Yet, a company can have an agent who is a Nigeria that can provide a local Nigerian number and to talk wit u as a Nigerian to a Nigerian. It's cheaper than having a full fledge office.

Halimat1985 actually descended to the mud when he ran out of points by talking about fivver and so on.

Moderator1, I thought he is an entrepreneur having built and continued to advertise his braintem stuff. But I can see he believes like a charlatan who raises another thing all together in the midst of serious matter.

I repeat, there are no points here to crucify lhpay.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by CreativeWeb2: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mod, pls unban me. It seems my last post triggered spambot.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by resultcase(m): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
For u to fully call a company a scam.... Please provide real evidence and not some lame goggling. And for lhpay, work on your branding to avoid cheap arguments like this.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by onyengbu: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
Like I said earlier, all these guys forming detectives by smearing someone's business, just pray you dont conceive an idea you thought is a great one only to come to nairaland and have it destroyed by teenagers browsing on free data from mtn.
People can get very pathetic.
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by DualCore1: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2015
Dear Lord, when you finally answer my prayers and bless me with the free time that these people seem to have in abundance, please bless me with the wisdom (that they are lacking) to use it well.

//thread.unfollow(this)

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by spikesC(m): 8:56am On Mar 12, 2015
DualCore1:
Dear Lord, when you finally answer my prayers and bless me with the free time that these people seem to have in abundance, please bless me with the wisdom (that they are lacking) to use it well.

//thread.unfollow(this)

When that blessing comes, do not forget me. Time is something I can give anything for now
Re: Why Does Lhpay.net And Vogue Pay Look Identical With The Exact Same Service? by abdul01(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
Nice thread. I feel the issues raised by both parties hold water to some extent especially the criticizing party. This is because the issue of payment processing (and e-commerce in general) is a very serious issue that shouldn't be handled with levity and by rogue developers using one free theme or one shared host and poor infrastructures and the rest. With the rate of e-commerce and e-payment proliferation in nigeria, it's emminent that there'll be increase in online fraud and scam, and we need to be extra careful and only do business with VERIFIED and CERTIFIED online merchants.

As for those bashing halima(although I don't agree with all her comments especially d last one), pls read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment_Card_Industry_Data_Security_Standard

Also this a a quote from Akinyele Olubodun's blog on some vulnerabilities he found on some nigerian payment processing sites http://blog.akinyeleolubodun.com/my-top-5-payment-gateways-in-nigeria-2014.html:

"
Ahhhh! That was a long piece. If you are still reading this, it means you have taken so much patience to read my rants. Thanks! I know some people may ask why I did not mention payment platforms like Diamond pay, Global pay, Fidelity Pay, Stanbic Pay, Vogue Pay and others. Yes, they are not on my list because I found a vulnerability that won't allow me praise them. Anyway, I have written to some of the companies about the vulnerability and I pray they fix it very fast. I would strongly advise you to disable the mentioned payment platform if you are using any of them because if the bad guys know what I know about them, your company is in soup. Who even knows if you have been experiencing such on your site and have been wondering where your money has been going. It can ruin your business.
"

If this is the case with the likes of Diamond bank, voguepay and co., then we need to be extra careful with these 'new comers'!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Cash Out $ From Limit Paypal Account?? / Full List Of Themes And Plugins Of Top 21 Nigerian Sites That Runs On Wordpress / How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.