Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land (3327 Views)

Which Is The Best Tyre Presently / What Is The Recommended Transmission Fluid For Honda City 2007 / How Reliable Is Rav 4 2007 Model? Any ECM Issue? Mechanical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by Mosenge: 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
I am looking 4 something portable, cute & economical. Friends recommeded corolla, no doubt the demand for it is obvious, but i like uncommon stuffs, maybe that is where i get trouble, i am okay with that. I am presently glued to a honda city 08/09 i am looking at, which i am intending to buy. I want to know if this model of japanese car is not among the cars that were withdrawn due to factory problem publicized sometime last year?
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by nurey(m): 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
Mosenge:
I am looking 4 something portable, cute & economical. Friends recommeded corolla, no doubt the demand for it is obvious, but i like uncommon stuffs, maybe that is where i get trouble, i am okay with that. I am presently glued to a honda city 08/09 i am looking at, which i am intending to buy. I want to know if this model of japanese car is not among the cars that were withdrawn due to factory problem publicized sometime last year?

Maybe when you stop looking at the car, you will get unglued grin

The honda city is a nice car, its just the civic that has kept it in the shadows. Also note that that particular model year came with CVT transmission, I repeat again CVT transmission, honda automatic gears don't like an iota of abuse not to talk of their CVT transmission so get research on CVT before you dabble into it.
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by DGD1(m): 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
nurey:

The honda city is a nice car, its just the civic that has kept it in the shadows. Also note that that particular model year came with CVT transmission, I repeat again CVT transmission, honda automatic gears don't like an iota of abuse not to talk of their CVT transmission so get research on CVT before you dabble into it.

what a sweet advice, else your seemingly fantasy of d car will turn nightmare (God 4 bid)
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by Mosenge: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
nurey:

Hmm!.... what an interesting facts. I'm impressed by your knowledge on stuffs like this. Pls tell me abeg, little about the so called CVT, and how can one abuse it? What about the 2008 model? Did it come with the CVT?
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by 9icetoo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
The Honda city is a nice car. I own an 07 model. Bought it used from someone here on nairaland. The cvt auto is not that bad. I thought I was going to have issues with it but two fluid changes have restored the auto box to normal operation. In one of my posts I documented my trip with it to lagos from ph and back to ph. I averaged 40mpg. Just take care of the cvt as stated in the manual. Don't race it. Don't tow with it. Avoid getting stuck with it and don't swim in pools of water where water can get into the transmission. Change the fluid at recommended times with the correct fluid. The cvt might take sometime to get used to. There is often a delay when you shift from drive to reverse or vice versa. It never lasts more than two seconds especially when the car is cold. It is normal. Treat the car nice and it should last a while. The other point to note is; avoid impacts on the car at all costs. The body shell of the city (07) was designed to crumple upon impact. I don't know how the 09 model was designed. I just hope it is sturdier than mine.
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by Mosenge: 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
9icetoo:
The Honda city is a nice car. I own an 07 model. Bought it used from someone here on nairaland. The cat auto is not that bad. I thought I was going to have issues with it but two fluid changes have restored the auto box to normal operation. In one of my posts I documented my trip with it to lagos from ph and back to ph. I averaged 40mpg. Just take care of the cvt as stated in the manual. Don't race it. Don't tow with it. Avoid vetting such with it and don't swim in pools of water where water can get into the transmission. Change the fluid at recommended times with the correct fluid. The cvt might take sometime to get used to. There is often a delay when you shift from drive to reverse or vice versa. It never lasts more than two seconds especially when the car is cold. It is normal. Treat the car nice and it should last a while. The other point to note is; avoid impacts on the car at all costs. The body shell of the city (07) was designed to crumple upon impact. I don't know how the 09 model was designed. I just hope it is sturdier than mine.

Bro' i can't help, but laugh out loud, after chuckling in excitement. Wow! so this is what it means.....you can't eat your cake, and have it. All that glitters takes sacrifice to keep them. Thank you bro'
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by Mosenge: 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
DGD1:

what a sweet advice, else your seemingly fantasy of d car will turn nightmare (God 4 bid)

Amen O'.... i agree with you dear, in nullifying such nightmare O' no one dare to pass through such cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by abatically(m): 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Op, why don't u buy a civic, it is more polished and more durable .
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by nurey(m): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
There is one that has the back protruding that is 03 to 07 but the 08 to13 is ok, the body shell doesn't crumble easily like the 03-07 the 08-13 looks like a hand gun bullet, lovely design. You can use a toyota ATF for 3 to 4 years and it may not give you any major issue (not all toyota sha) but if you try that on honda vehicles, be ready to pay through the nose for a new transmission cost.

Someone who uses the 1st generation toyota sienna has neva changed his ATF in 6 years but now uses an accord 06 and he spends like hell to keep it in shape using recommended oil and ATF.

I am not saying that city is bad infact it is cool but changing the CVT fluid cost close to 15k oil too ois around 8k for full synthetic if you do mistake buy abro ATF fluid inside that city CVT then ladipo boys don get customer be that, if you use 20W50 as engine oil then scrap metal goons don get customer be that, if you do ijebu maintenance then LASTMAN must to tow if u are unlucky area boys will charge 50k before you even touch the tiniest bolt on that car when it breaks down grin

Buy the car, take care of it well and in 5yrs time you will pass it to a relation who will also enjoy it.
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by mrsage(m): 8:29am On Mar 09, 2015
nurey:
There is one that has the back protruding that is 03 to 07 but the 08 to13 is ok, the body shell doesn't crumble easily like the 03-07 the 08-13 looks like a hand gun bullet, lovely design. You can use a toyota ATF for 3 to 4 years and it may not give you any major issue (not all toyota sha) but if you try that on honda vehicles, be ready to pay through the nose for a new transmission cost.

Someone who uses the 1st generation toyota sienna has neva changed his ATF in 6 years but now uses an accord 06 and he spends like hell to keep it in shape using recommended oil and ATF.

I am not saying that city is bad infact it is cool but changing the CVT fluid cost close to 15k oil too ois around 8k for full synthetic if you do mistake buy abro ATF fluid inside that city CVT then ladipo boys don get customer be that, if you use 20W50 as engine oil then scrap metal goons don get customer be that, if you do ijebu maintenance then LASTMAN must to tow if u are unlucky area boys will charge 50k before you even touch the tiniest bolt on that car when it breaks down grin

Buy the car, take care of it well and in 5yrs time you will pass it to a relation who will also enjoy it.

Good advice. What is the recommended atf transmission oil? How often should it be replaced?
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by nurey(m): 8:48am On Mar 09, 2015
mrsage:

Good advice. What is the recommended atf transmission oil? How often should it be replaced?

For any car just acquired, it is adamant to read through the owners manual to know what transmission fluid is required, engine oil rating, tyre pressure range (PSI) and type and minor maintenance as time goes on. If your car doesn't have a hardcopy manual, you can download online.

I don't drive the CITY though I am in a city grin so can't give you clear cut recommended product
Re: Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land by 9icetoo(m): 8:59am On Mar 09, 2015
mrsage:

I don't know about the 09 city but the 07 city requires a cvt fluid change every 20k or so. However, this interval was stated before the newer cvt fluid was formulated. The newer cvt fluid can last as long as 40k. If you read your manual, you will find the recommended interval. I've been using my cvt fluid now for close to a year and it has not changed colour and still smells okay. I use the newer fluid and a lot of the symptoms I used to experience with the previous fluid has disappeared.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Front Tyre Rim Gets Very Hot / Mobil / Enough Been Said On (manufacturer Engine Oil)5w 20, 5w 30, 0w 40 ,10w 40, 5w 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.