Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

A Demon In The House.... A Must Read - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Demon In The House.... A Must Read (1201 Views)

Chilling Picture Shows 'demon' Watching Over Unborn Baby In Ultrasound Scan / Make Your House A Home / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by stellytwinkle(f): 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
George and Mariam were a perfect couple. Their love for each other was unadulterated. Their only worry was the fact that they were childless. Anytime she gets pregnant,there are always miscarriages. Unknown to them,they had been wining and grinding with a demon. Only divine intervention saved them as light eventually triumphs over darkness.
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by goodmorning40: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
Are u okay upstairs?
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by Godmother(f): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Na wa. You go fear story naa.
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by Allureoftheseas(m): 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
sick bitchh, high on dicks
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by stellytwinkle(f): 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
goodmorning40:
Are u okay upstairs?
I"m not done yet, that was just the introduction.
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by stellytwinkle(f): 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
"Hello George Obi on the line,: I said into the mouthpiece.
"That is Nene, I'm calling from the hospital."
Nene was my sister in-law, Mariam's younger sister.She moved in with us after her NYSC, just about six months after our marriage. She'd been living with us since.When she mentioned she was calling from the hospital, my heart began to race.
"Hospital?What are you doing in a hospital?" I asked.
"Uncle George, it's aunty;"
"Aunty?But she's not due yet.the last time we saw the doctor,he said in two months time."
"Well, I got home earlier in the afternoon to meet her in pain. The house girl had just gone to the market,so she just sprawled on the floor writhing in pain. I had to call a taxi and bring her to the hospital."
"So what happened?. What did the doctor say was wrong?" I tried to calm my head as the worst of what could have happened flashed through my head.Was Mariam dead?
For a minute I could only hear Nene's breath whistling through the earpiece.
"Nene are you there? I asked you a question, I said what happened?"
"When we got to the hospital the doctor said she was in labor and she was quickly rushed to the labor room.
"Yes, so what happened?"I was pressing the handset so hard to my ear that it hurt.
"She was rushed to the labor room and after about two hours or so,she gave birth. But the baby died immediately."She went on, but I wasn't listening anymore. Only one thing made meaning to me. My baby was dead immediately. For a long while my thought swished round like a great whirl wind
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by KanwuliaJara: 3:43am On Mar 10, 2015
So, where is their "God"? undecided
Sleeping as usual ke! wink
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by stellytwinkle(f): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
So, where is their "God"? undecided
Sleeping as usual ke! wink
He never sleeps nor slumbers
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by KanwuliaJara: 9:53am On Mar 10, 2015
stellytwinkle:
He never sleeps nor slumbers

Sleeping soundly or PLAIN DEAF in this case o! embarassed
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by stellytwinkle(f): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Sleeping soundly or PLAIN DEAF in this case o! embarassed
May the Lord forgive you.
Re: A Demon In The House.... A Must Read by stellytwinkle(f): 9:31am On Mar 11, 2015
“Uncle George, are you there?” the sound of Nene’s voice brought me out of my reverie.
“I’m still with you Nene.”
“Are you coming to the hospital?”
“Yes, I’m on my way. Don’t go anywhere until I get there.”
“I won’t. I’d wait until you come.”
She was about to hang up when I stopped her.
“But when this was happening, why didn’t you call me?”
“I did. Your phone was ringing but no one picked it. Later I called your secretary. She told me you were in a meeting.”
“That’s all right. I’m on my way.”
All through the drive from the office to the hospital, my head was in tumult. Myriad of thoughts fought for recognition in my head. I thought of Mariam and my heart sank. For over two years now, she’d not been able to conceive. So when this one stuck after many months of trying, she’d waited expectantly. I’d waited along with her, my enthusiasm building with every coming month. I made sure she lacked nothing, making money available to her on request. When she complained about the first hospital I registered her in, I withdrew her and took her to a better one. Though it was more expensive, I wasn’t ready to take chances. We’d both gone to the hospital the last time she went for her pre natal checkup. When Mariam complained about a consistent cramp in her tummy, the doctor assured the bay won’t come until when due. Now this! A dead baby and an obviously hysterical Mariam waiting for me at the hospital.
At the hospital, I was ushered right into her room. She seemed to be sleeping as I walked in.
‘Is she alright?” I asked Nene who was hanging by her bedside. She nodded. I drew one of the stools and sat down.
“How long has she been sleeping?”
“Not long ago”
“Does she know about the baby yet:
“The doctor told her. She was crying all day until one of the nurses came and gave her an injection”, she replied.
I turned to look at my wife, She slept like a baby. Her arms protectively placed on her tummy.
As I watched her, I suddenly realized how much she meant to me. She was everything I ever wanted and to see her unhappy made my heart ache.

(1) (Reply)

NORDICA Win A Trip To Ghana Contest! Please Vote For My Cute Sister's Baby / If You Were The Husband, What Will You Do? / 3-month-old Baby Got Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.