Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts (27549 Views)

Ovarian Cysts: Symptoms, Causes And Treatments / Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts / All You Need To Know About Ovarian Cysts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 10, 2015
Seen wink
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 9:31am On Mar 10, 2015
Warlord3000:
Quite enlightening
Thank you for stopping by.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by pweetixandy: 9:31am On Mar 10, 2015
ladyju:
I'm not obese. I've had kids. I'm still young.no history of it in my family yet I did the surgery two weeks ago.
wow..hope ur getting well? What symptoms did u show,how did you know u had it
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by silvernus0: 9:34am On Mar 10, 2015
is nairaland hackd again. which one be a a a m at the top
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by infogenius(m): 9:35am On Mar 10, 2015
In addition to what has been posted above,

Endometriomas: This type of cyst forms when endometrial cells attach to the ovary
and form a growth (endometriosis).This type of ovarian cyst is commonly called a
chocolate cyst.

The above 3 types of ovarian cysts may cause damage to the ovary,
including twisting, scar tissue and adhesion formation. Both Dermoid and
Cystadenomas may cause the ovary to become very large and displaced.

These types of cysts are considered more complex and usually do not
respond to natural therapies as well. It is best to work with your doctor
regarding these types of cysts.

Polycystic ovaries: This is associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
the ovary may be enlarged, usually twice the size of a normal ovary.
A polycystic ovary develops many small cysts in a row, looking like a
strand of pearls on the surface of the ovary. PCOS is a common endocrine disorder.
Not all women diagnosed with PCOS have ovaries that have these types of cysts.

For more information specifically on this condition, I have a new book just out
on how to dissolve cysts naturally.

Causes Of Ovarian Cysts.

Below among others are the cause of Ovarian cysts.

1. Hormonal Imbalance
2. Hypothyroidism
3. Irregular Cycles
4. Increased fat in upper body
5. Early menstrual flow usually before 11years of age
6. Poor lifestyle such as smoking.

Some Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts

1. Infertility
2. Irregular menstrual periods.
3. Pains in the pelvic regions after intercourse or strenuous exercise.
4. Sharp pains usually where the cysts is present.
5. Pains in the vagina and spotting usually noted.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 9:40am On Mar 10, 2015
bestestgirl:
Thank you for such an enlightening article
Glad to have you here, thanks for reading. You can find more of such at http://trendyhealthworld.com

Have a fulfilling week.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2015
infogenius:
In addition to what has been posted above,

Endometriomas: This type of cyst forms when endometrial cells attach to the ovary
and form a growth (endometriosis).This type of ovarian cyst is commonly called a
chocolate cyst.

The above 3 types of ovarian cysts may cause damage to the ovary,
including twisting, scar tissue and adhesion formation. Both Dermoid and
Cystadenomas may cause the ovary to become very large and displaced.

These types of cysts are considered more complex and usually do not
respond to natural therapies as well. It is best to work with your doctor
regarding these types of cysts.

Polycystic ovaries: This is associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
the ovary may be enlarged, usually twice the size of a normal ovary.
A polycystic ovary develops many small cysts in a row, looking like a
strand of pearls on the surface of the ovary. PCOS is a common endocrine disorder.
Not all women diagnosed with PCOS have ovaries that have these types of cysts.

For more information specifically on this condition, I have a new book just out
on how to dissolve cysts naturally.

Causes Of Ovarian Cysts.

Below among others are the cause of Ovarian cysts.

1. Hormonal Imbalance
2. Hypothyroidism
3. Irregular Cycles
4. Increased fat in upper body
5. Early menstrual flow usually before 11years of age
6. Poor lifestyle such as smoking.

Some Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts

1. Infertility
2. Irregular menstrual periods.
3. Pains in the pelvic regions after intercourse or strenuous exercise.
4. Sharp pains usually where the cysts is present.
5. Pains in the vagina and spotting usually noted.

Thank you for the addition. Glad to have you here.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by yaskarahyelhope(f): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2015
This is more reason Y couples result to IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). Here d woman's eggs are collected and mixed with a sperm in a lab dish and implanted back into d uterus of d women for better growth of d. any to be carried to term and given birth to. Infertility has a solution although not all carry their babies to term. And its very expensive. Abt $12000 to $17000. That's money mehn!
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by femi4: 9:45am On Mar 10, 2015
ladyju:
I'm not obese. I've had kids. I'm still young.no history of it in my family yet I did the surgery two weeks ago.
That's science for you, too many speculations and assumptions that are not validated

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2015
Wish I had known this some 6-7 years ago. Mom might still be alive.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by AreaFada2: 9:48am On Mar 10, 2015
Vanije:

http://www.trendyhealthworld.com/ovarian-cysts/

God bless you.

Just to add that non-surgical intervention can be tried first. Don't forget that some people may be very obese and have cardiovascular disease that can significantly increase surgical risk.

Either way, timely intervention is better to improve fertility and other signs such as:

(1) Hirsutism (facial hair) in a woman
(2) Acne
Of course advice to lose weight is important to prevent metabolic diseases like HBP & diabetes.

In fact a common anti-diabetic medicine (won't mention to prevent possible abuse) is used, among others in the treatment of PCOS.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by ajuwarhodes(f): 9:48am On Mar 10, 2015
Zaikon:
Gud infor. But kedi's Gynapharm Capsul/colon cleanser wil sure Help.

U are right, just put God first.and the person(lady)will be fine
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 9:51am On Mar 10, 2015
pweetixandy:
wow..hope ur getting well? What symptoms did u show,how did you know u had it
What symptoms did u show,how did you know u had it[/quote]
How are you doing sister? I hope you're having enough rest and following the recommendations?
And like pweetixandy said, we would like to know your symptoms if any. I understand body chemistries differ & the symptoms one shows may not be the same for another woman. If you don't mind, please share with us.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by philipobiz: 9:52am On Mar 10, 2015
Taking the right supplement can also desolve cyst without the need for operation
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2015
AreaFada2:

God bless you.

Just to add that non-surgical intervention can be tried first. Don't forget that some people may be very obese and have cardiovascular disease that can significantly increase surgical risk.

Either way, timely intervention is better to improve fertility and other signs such as:

(1) Hirsutism (facial hair) in a woman
(2) Acne
Of course advice to lose weight is important to prevent metabolic diseases like HBP & diabetes.

In fact a common anti-diabetic medicine (won't mention to prevent possible abuse) is used, among others in the treatment of PCOS.
Thanks for the addition. What anti - diabetic medicine? Shall we talk on Whatsapp since you don't want to mention: +2348109752565
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Wish I had known this some 6-7 years ago. Mom might still be alive.
So sad to hear that. Take heart & please take care of yourself.

Best Wishes,
Vanije.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Joshuadon: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=Vanije post=31469958]

more ***

WHEN OVARIAN CYSTS PULSATE THEY COULD BE MISTAKEN FOR PRGNANCY............

Loading ******
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by AreaFada2: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2015
Vanije:

Thanks for the addition. What anti - diabetic medicine? Shall we talk on Whatsapp since you don't want to mention: +2348109752565

Sorry, i'm still old fashioned, not on whatsapp. but you can reach me via email: area.fada@yahoo.com
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2015
Zaikon:
Gud infor. But kedi's Gynapharm Capsul/colon cleanser wil sure Help.
I'd like More info about the cleanser, send me a Whatsapp message:+2348109752565
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Vanije: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:
This is more reason Y couples result to IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). Here d woman's eggs are collected and mixed with a sperm in a lab dish and implanted back into d uterus of d women for better growth of d. any to be carried to term and given birth to. Infertility has a solution although not all carry their babies to term. And its very expensive. Abt $12000 to $17000. That's money mehn!
That's true, Infertility is quite a challenge. However you may find this article helpful too.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by kandiikane(m): 10:12am On Mar 10, 2015
This birth control pills too is another issue. It lowers your risk of ovarian cyst yet increases your risk of breast and cervical cancer.

2 Likes

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by ylaa(f): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2015
ONE OF THE BEST TOPICS POSTED SO FAR.THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS POST. YOU HAVE JUST ENLIGHTEN ME.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by gbassa: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2015
Women with ovarian cysts should drink 150 liters of water form 4:00 to 6:00am in the morning for five 3 mins and 75 liters of water at 2:00 pm and another 75 liters of water around 6:00pm in the evenings, continue this water teraphy, it will flush out all those cysts in the ovaries and the woman will be clean indeed. unlike when a drainage is dirty you use water to flush or clean the drainage, that is how it works, it clean your system both man and woman. Try it but it will be difficult for the first time, continue drinking the water you will see that your body has been cleaned.
Vanije:

http://www.trendyhealthworld.com/ovarian-cysts/
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by gbassa: 10:18am On Mar 10, 2015
Women with ovarian cysts should drink 150 liters of water form 4:00 to 6:00am in the morning for five 3 mins and 75 liters of water at 2:00 pm and another 75 liters of water around 6:00pm in the evenings, continue this water teraphy, it will flush out all those cysts in the ovaries and the woman will be clean indeed. unlike when a drainage is dirty you use water to flush or clean the drainage, that is how it works, it clean your system both man and woman. Try it but it will be difficult for the first time, continue drinking the water you will see that your body has been cleaned.
Women with ovarian cysts should drink 150 liters of water form 4:00 to 6:00am in the morning for five 3 mins and 75 liters of water at 2:00 pm and another 75 liters of water around 6:00pm in the evenings, continue this water teraphy, it will flush out all those cysts in the ovaries and the woman will be clean indeed. unlike when a drainage is dirty you use water to flush or clean the drainage, that is how it works, it clean your system both man and woman. Try it but it will be difficult for the first time, continue drinking the water you will see that your body has been cleaned.hor=Iyalasisi post=31478818]Seen wink[/quote]
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by gbassa: 10:19am On Mar 10, 2015
Vanije:

Thank you for the addition. Glad to have you here.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by iyatrustee(f): 10:31am On Mar 10, 2015
Coldfeet:
Also known as pcos!

everywoman is at risk of it but some due to lifestyle and genetics are more prone to pcos! Sadly its Effects are irreversible! My chin beards are still there grin though I've giving birth and my periods are reguler.

But once upon a time e no easy at all! Periods were doing mini mini mani mo with me every month cry

Most women don't even know they have pcos .

Very true.
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by Zaikon(m): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2015
ajuwarhodes:

U are right, just put God first.and the person(lady)will be fine
yes Boss u right
Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by AreaFada2: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2015
gbassa:
Women with ovarian cysts should drink 150 liters of water form 4:00 to 6:00am in the morning for five 3 mins and 75 liters of water at 2:00 pm and another 75 liters of water around 6:00pm in the evenings, continue this water teraphy, it will flush out all those cysts in the ovaries and the woman will be clean indeed. unlike when a drainage is dirty you use water to flush or clean the drainage, that is how it works, it clean your system both man and woman. Try it but it will be difficult for the first time, continue drinking the water you will see that your body has been cleaned.hor=Iyalasisi post=31478818]Seen wink

Please be careful with what you post here. 75 or 150 Litres of water are POTENTIALLY FATAL amounts of water to drink. Risk overwhelming your kidneys and heart.
The body has to carefully maintain salt levels(electrolytes) in your body. The imbalance caused by dehydration when vomiting & passing watery stools in cholera, diarrhoea, typhoid and so on, is what kills easily. You also don't want to flush potassium from inside your cells.

Bad idea. Good water intake is cool BUT not the jerry can loads you mentioned. In layman's language, you risk water poisoning. shocked

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by chokovirus: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=gbassa post=31480301][/quote]

Need to correct some impressions here.

I see ladies with ovarian cysts on a daily basis. All these surgical procedures you listed are not first line treatment. Most ovarian cysts among nigerian ladies are mainly a result of PI D (infected cysts), others are benign functioning cysts that resolve in 6 weeks when monitored on scan. Endometriomas , Dermoid cysts and teratomas are very rare findings (ladies, no need to trouble your hearts).
The incidence of PCOS and ovarian cysts are increasing now because of the use of contraceptives and fertility drugs (e.g Clomid) respectively. Ladies if you feel anything funny don't be scared of requesting for a pelvic ultrasound scan. It is entirely safe, cheap and non-invasive.
Finally , always ask questions. It is your right to know about your health.

2 Likes

Re: What You Must Know About Ovarian Cysts by debbie(f): 11:45am On Mar 10, 2015
I did a surgery to remove the cyst last year....of all the reasons OP gave,none caused mine
chokovirus:

Need to correct some impressions here.

I see ladies with ovarian cysts on a daily basis. All these surgical procedures you listed are not first line treatment. Most ovarian cysts among nigerian ladies are mainly a result of PI D (infected cysts), others are benign functioning cysts that resolve in 6 weeks when monitored on scan. Endometriomas , Dermoid cysts and teratomas are very rare findings (ladies, no need to trouble your hearts).
The incidence of PCOS and ovarian cysts are increasing now because of the use of contraceptives and fertility drugs (e.g Clomid) respectively. Ladies if you feel anything funny don't be scared of requesting for a pelvic ultrasound scan. It is entirely safe, cheap and non-invasive.
Finally , always ask questions. It is your right to know about your health.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25% Of Coronavirus Carriers Don't Show Symptoms But Can Still Spread Virus / Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State / How To Gain Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.