Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday (1270 Views)

States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants / FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun / PHOTOS: Ondo State Civil Servants Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by HzRF(m): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Barring any last minute intervention from the state government, civil servants in Ogun State, under the Joint National Public Service Negotiating Council, will on Tuesday begin a three-day warning strike.

The council last Friday directed its members to proceed on a three-day warning strike from Tuesday over the failure of government to remit the sum of about N2.8bn, deducted from their salaries, to the appropriate agencies.

JNC’s Secretary, Mr. Modiu Bello, gave this directive at a press briefing held in Iwe Iroyin, Oke Ilewo, Abeokuta.

The warning strike ends on Thursday.

Bello, who was in company with other officials of different unions under the council, said the council decided to embark on the strike following the failure of all known channels of negotiation.

He added that the three-day warning strike by public servants “is to drive home our demands” for the remittance of the four-month deductions made from their October, November, December and January salaries.

The secretary directed all public servants in the state to stay away from their duty posts between Tuesday, 10 and Thursday 12, 2015.

Bello said, “Sequel to the refusal of the state government to accede to the demand of workers in the state public service over the unpaid four-month deductions made from their salaries in October, November, December, 2014 and January, 2015, the Joint National Public Service Negotiating Council, on behalf of the state public servants, hereby issues a three-day warning strike effective from Tuesday, March 10 to Thursday, 12, 2015 to drive home their demand.

“The JNC is constrained to take this action since every known channel of negotiation/dialogue has proved abortive. At a meeting held Friday, February 20, 2015, government officials informed labour of plans to pay two months deductions in addition to February 2015 salaries owing to paucity of funds.

“Labour (Nigeria Labour Congress), however, insisted that the arrears of deductions, covering the mentioned months, be fully offset before the payment of February 2015 salary to ameliorate the sufferings of workers in the state, who continue to find it increasingly difficult to meet their basic family needs, given that the objective of subscribing to some of these savings have been defeated, arising from these unpaid deductions.

“The government however renege on its own position and neither acceded to the demand of Labour.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ogun-civil-servants-begin-warning-strike-tuesday/
Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by HzRF(m): 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
This is labour force in action
They are fighting for deductions
While in Osun no salaries since DEC sum Nov + deduction in d state
While no Jan salaries for lg

Yet d stupid man that call himself adesiyan is insisting on no strike

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by fitzmayowa: 1:07am On Mar 10, 2015
I don't know why we always get to this stage before we resolve labour issue, someone should correct me if am wrong. The ogun state government never bothered to address the mysterious deduction.

The government should have atleast explained why some amount was deducted from its staffs salaries, since there is no memo on salary reduction, so how come the government decides to deduct their salaries with no just cause or explanation

Wasting productive hours on strike won't do the government any good, since they are going to pay for the unproductive period, I hope they resolve this issue ASAP...

1 Like

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by fitzmayowa: 1:11am On Mar 10, 2015
HzRF:
This is labour force in action
They are fighting for deductions
While in Osun no salaries since DEC sum Nov + deduction in d state
While no Jan salaries for lg

Yet d stupid man that call himself adesiyan is insisting on no strike

In other words he is a sell out, I guess the issue doesn't really affect him....

1 Like

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by HzRF(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2015
fitzmayowa:

In other words he is a sell out, I guess the issue doesn't really affect him....
Of course

1 Like

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2015
The feds has been shortchanging allocations to APC states, and also stopped them from accessing loans. Only recently, the daft one okays them for loans so as to look good, but the real truth was, it was just a news; they were still unable to get any loans or full allocations. And most of these states have engaged in many projects that couldn't be continued.

Now, over the deductions; the deductions were not meant for states, it was meant for teachers' cooperative societies where teachers can access loans. For example, onward I Abeokuta, Ogun state clearly said he can t give loans to teachers because no cash has entered since December.

They can all reach a consensus if they want, or go on strike if they wish...
Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by HzRF(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
The feds has been shortchanging allocations to APC states, and also stopped them from accessing loans. Only recently, the daft one okays them for loans so as to look good, but the real truth was, it was just a news; they were still unable to get any loans or full allocations. And most of these states have engaged in many projects that couldn't be continued.

Now, over the deductions; the deductions were not meant for states, it was meant for teachers' cooperative societies where teachers can access loans. For example, onward I Abeokuta, Ogun state clearly said he can t give loans to teachers because no cash has entered since December.

They can all reach a consensus if they want, or go on strike if they wish...
I hate when pple refuse to believe d truth

Why can't dey qoto court if dey are cheated on

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2015
HzRF:

I hate when pple refuse to believe d truth

Why can't dey qoto court if dey are cheated on

the judiciary system has failed everyone
Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by deskossy(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2015
The day we start holding our governors, chairmen,and councillors responsible. .that's only when we start moving forward. ...jona can't do everything for u

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by macpetrus(m): 10:00am On Mar 10, 2015
deskossy:
The day we start holding our governors, chairmen,and councillors responsible. .that's only when we start moving forward. ...jona can't do everything for u

True Talk... Dear Nigerians, Its not only the president that makes up the government.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
the judiciary system has failed everyone
Same Judiciary that helped him Rauf to get to office and confirmed his victory over Omisore. simply if what you said is true then they should go to court. But on another note, I think the lack of sufficient internally generated revenue and the current oil price issue is the problem. I think the immediate and not so sweet solution is for the government of small states in Nigeria, to downsize their work force and try to increase internally generated revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Civil Servants Begin Warning Strike Tuesday by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2015
onojiwizardgmailcom:

Same Judiciary that helped him Rauf to get to office and confirmed his victory over Omisore. simply if what you said is true then they should go to court. But on another note, I think the lack of sufficient internally generated revenue and the current oil price issue is the problem. I think the immediate and not so sweet solution is for the government of small states in Nigeria, to downsize their work force and try to increase internally generated revenue.
Rauf was able to get his mandate by providing a clear and unbiased video of the rigging process by the opposition. Such that failure to honor such will be a clear shame on the judiciary.

Tell me, the ekiti tape, what was done abt it?

(1) (Reply)

APC Is Desperate Running Adverts With My Renounced, Outdated Views About Jonatha / Is The Present Govt A Failure Due To Yoruba Under Representation / Fani Kayode Turns Against President Jonathan - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.