Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know (2464 Views)

I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo / Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Maamin(m): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
How do you know?

Can you ask me more reasonable question pls? undecided
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Maamin(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
maamin,meet joshthefirst....a creationist.
Signature comments are;
"How do you know?"
"Where you there?"

Same questions can be thrown back to evolutionist?

What is good for the bears is good for the pandas #let me get an Amen for that grin
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Joshthefirst(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
maamin,meet joshthefirst....a creationist.
Signature comments are;
"How do you know?"
"Where you there?"
I can say the same about you.

Here sits davien, a follower of the dogma of evolution.
Signature comments: My ancestor was an ape. I arose from random processes of nature.
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Joshthefirst(m): 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Maamin:

Can you ask me more reasonable question pls? undecided
How is my question unreasonable? You stated information you claim to be fact and I challenge your dogma and you call my question unreasonable?
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Maamin(m): 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
How is my question unreasonable? You stated information you claim to be fact and I challenge your dogma and you call my question unreasonable?

What do you understand by the word 'dogma'

Secondly you should know what I tie my belief system to.

I hope you dont have the same thought as Davien's fairy tale "ken ham and dinosaurs"?
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by davien(m): 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Maamin:

I hope you dont have the same thought as Davien's fairy tale "ken ham and dinosaurs"?
Rebranding creationist cult belief to my name will do you no good.....you'll have established your dishonesty to everyone following up..
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Joshthefirst(m): 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
Maamin:

davuen was trying to point out the fact that people of a particular line of thought believe the earth is young, and dinosaurs are recent, like man.
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by davien(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
I can say the same about you.

Here sits davien, a follower of the dogma of evolution.
Signature comments: My ancestor was an ape. I arose from random processes of nature.
Apart from the fact that I've never said those words,i think you're misrepresenting what's actually the case...
Actually humans are "apes" by definition....the father of taxonomy(Carl Linnaeus) who's a creationist actually grouped humans as primates long before evolution was proposed...

"Thus he placed man and monkeys under the same category, Anthropomorpha, meaning "manlike."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Linnaeus

And I doubt one could call nature entirely random.....most things in nature is/are very well deterministic and/or predictable.
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Joshthefirst(m): 9:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
Apart from the fact that I've never said those words,i think you're misrepresenting what's actually the case...
Actually humans are "apes" by definition.....
I see I made a quite serious mistake misrepresenting you. Accept my apologies. I will correct myself now:

Here sits davien; a follower of the dogma of evolution

Signature comments: I am an ape by definition. I arose from predictable processes of nature though I cannot recreate those processes.

The ancient greek philosophers also had notions of common physical ancestry between man and monkeys and gorillas too if that also gives you some form of credit.
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by davien(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
I see I made a quite serious mistake misrepresenting you. Accept my apologies. I will correct myself now:

Here sits davien; a follower of the dogma of evolution

Signature comments: I am an ape by definition. I arose from predictable processes of nature though I cannot recreate those processes.

The ancient greek philosophers also had notions of common physical ancestry between man and monkeys and gorillas too if that also gives you some form of credit.
It's quite shocking how you misrepresent basic things...
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Maamin(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
Rebranding creationist cult belief to my name will do you no good.....you'll have established your dishonesty to everyone following up..

If you didnt buy that you wouldnt have bothered to refer me to it and to everyone following up..because you know deep down, that is a crap!.
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Maamin(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
davuen was trying to point out the fact that people of a particular line of thought believe the earth is young, and dinosaurs are recent, like man.

Well good for him
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by menesheh(m): 12:01am On Mar 12, 2015
Deviation from the actual topic.
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by ladon1: 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
What will apostate unbelievers not try to attack in christianity?
From the diety of christ to his death on the cross to his ressurection to the creation account of God. Its christianity against the world isn't it?
Satan, gog and magog against the camp of the saints.
Its never atheist vs budah nor islam but the world agaisnts christianity.
I guess the prohecy of John in the book of revelation 20:8 is coming to pass and all this attack on the truth of God is to make us to believe the lies that the devil has blinded them with but the saints will not be decieved.
Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Kay17: 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
Addietunes:
The Bible tells us that:

Adam lived 930 years. (Genesis 5:5)

Seth lived 912 years.(Genesis 5:

Methuselah lived 969 years.(Genesis 5:27)

And Noah lived 950 years. (Genesis 9:29). If we calculate those years, they are close to 4000 years. If we add up the generation of moses, Abraham, david, and jesus . I'm sure they would be more than 2000years all making 6000 years. Also according to the bible, Jesus died 2000 years ago. But the bible said the world is only 6000 years old.
I'm not that good at mathematics but i'm sure there is an error somewhere. Either that or our bible writers couldn't count.

Adam and Seth's lifetimes probably overlapped. Same with Methuselah.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know by Joshthefirst(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
Kay17:

Adam and Seth's lifetimes probably overlapped. Same with Methuselah.
@ op Their lives did not probably overlap, their lives actually overlapped. Adam did not drop dead the moment he birthed Seth. He still lived and had other Sons and daughters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

To All Who Believe In Soul Sleep- Jehovah's Witnesses,SDAs Et All / I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalander And Not Jehovah Anymore: Season 5 / So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.