Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja (17026 Views)

Nigerian Lady Kicked Off Turkish Flight For Assaulting Air Hostess (Pics, Video) / Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport / Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by lebete3000: 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
mikeansy:
The honourable minister should purnish arik but get them to be better

They have to be our national carrier

But they should also give arik the unique right to land local flights at MM1

I don't understand why international travellers land in MM1 and connect to MM2 for local flight

That's madness.

You are subject to poor roads, poor luggage handling and poor traffic!

Arik needs to also start behaving like a world class company

I flew Arik internationally but had to beg for wine! Again that's madness!

Why you wan force Arik to be National carrier? Dem tell you sey dem wan be? What happened to Nigerian Airways?

Abeg leave Arik let dem conduct dr peronal business jarey!
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

He's only just starting to 'observe lapses'! What the heck has he been doing since he became Minister of Aviation?(!) He should have been aware of these lapses long before now, if he was actually on top of his job.

From the look of what goes on around us in this country , these guys do practically next to nothing in office!

Typical Nigerian!!.... if e no do, You'll shout that He's not doing, now when he does your next chorus is "what has he been doing?! "......smh

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Boss13:

He has been travelling with private jets. Now no money due to austerity measures. I agree with the poster who wants all public officers to utilise public services and public education. It should be as a matter of law. That is one way to improve public service. Just like everybody is screaming constant power supply, trust me if these public office holders, who should be responsible in solving problems have access to constant power supply without wasting money for fuel, we are on our own.

Even if he had been travelling around the country in a space shuttle before now, he still ought to have all the facts about the ministry he oversees! How does he improve what he knows almost nothing about? Where exactly then is his focus?
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Jarus(m): 10:35am On Mar 10, 2015
I once experienced a 6 hour delay in Uyo airport en route Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by texazzpete(m): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2015
mulante:
I'm impressed by his decision not to unduely throw his political weight around just simply because he could but that he rather seized the opportunity and devoted his time to observe the lapses flight scheduling and boarding and was decent enough to even give reports. That's impressive.

Its only when the Minister and State Commissioners for transport decide to take public buses on the roads that we all ride on daily, that we will begin to see better roads. It is only when the Minister and State Commissioners for education put their children in public schools that we will begin to have access to better education.

I'm quite disappointed that like most Nigerians, Mr Chidoka does not know the difference between 'I'm' and 'am', or has the usage changed?

Why are you so easily impressed?

it is not any news that Nigerians have been suffering extremely poor service for YEARS from these carriers. Successive aviation ministers have done nothing to ameliorate this. Nursing mothers have been left stranded at airports for over 6 hours, with only a perfunctory apology.

Unless he has been living under a rock or is pretending to be deaf and dumb, he has known about this shite for ages now.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by jaja77: 11:32am On Mar 10, 2015
He can't even write well..."Ark HAVE just called...."..was it just me that noticed that?
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by MadCow1: 11:34am On Mar 10, 2015
Arik Air..

The only Airlinr to delay a flight for over 10 hours without apology.. grin

Mr. aviation Minister, we don't need your Fhucking tweets.. Go fix this problem.

These Fhucking greedy Airlines should either be forced to merge like the Banks were forced so as to improve their capacity or form partnerships like The way Airfrance has Sky Team and Sky Alliance.. That way, if Arik has operational hiccups, they can put passengers on Aero or any other partner flight and fly them to their destination.. Same way Air France was flying people through Delta and Lufthansa when they were on strike..

Also Mr Aviation Minister... Arik Air are this complacent because you have seeded all the sweet time slots to them. Arik Air has the first flight out of all Nigerian Airports.. That is why they can afford to treat all other flights as unimportant because they make their money at the start of the day already.. How about the government opens up time slots for airlines. If Aero Contractors and Arik both have 7 am flights out of the same airport, prices would crash..

Stop tweeting like a 16 year old girl and go do your work.. Many people have lost opportunities of a lifetime because of this type of delays.

4 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by feedthenation(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Arik Air, punctuality is not in their company's statement.

Even now local travel agents are discouraging people from booking tickets with Arik on international flights, because of the same bad customer service they too are experiencing from them.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by ehinja: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
Good thing he has experienced the delay himself as Minister.
However it should be noted that Nigerian Airlines are operating against a lot of odds primary which are:

1. Poor airport infrastructure (The renovated domestic airport has only 2 screening gates)
2. Continues slide of the naira ( maintenance parts getting more expensive by the day)
3. Import duty tax for aircraft spares ( Parts are sourced from overseas 10% of the price of the part is charged before it is cleared by customs)

The Honorable Minister should look deeper cause you cannot apportion the blame squarely on the airline(s) alone.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by eremy: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
Imagine a 9:00 am flight (Owerri - Lagos) today is being delayed by Arik as at now. It was rescheduled to 12:50pm and the airplane is yet to even land talk more of boarding.

Meanwhile, yesterday's 5:00pm flight was cancelled altogether. The passengers turned in for today's 9:00am flight to meet the scenario above. How painful!

Modified

Finally there was an announcement at 1:23pm that the flight would be touching down at 2:05pm and it did. Eventual take-off time was between 2:27 and 2:30pm.

So much for a 9:00am flight.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by TS2(m): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
0nyegame:
Na him fault,if say im no wetin him dey minister him for no xperience such tin.oga abeg drop me for next junction i wan come down dia

What has this one said now?
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by 0nyegame(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
TS2:

What has this one said now?
u go undertsd wetin i tok if u read am 1million tyms.okada eleme Junction make i go collect my money from papa Emeka wey dey owe me since 5yrs
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Bimpe29: 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Wasn't that a fresh air? grin grin grin
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Yinkame123(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
On the 29th of July, 2014 i was to board an Arik flight from Portharcourt to Lagos by 1700hrs got to the airport an hour before boarding waiting patiently for my flight. By 1700hrs they announced an hour delay of the flight. When the one hour delay elapsed they announced another 30 mins delay. By 1830hrs no announcement again. By 10pm passengers started getting worried we went to Arik counter to ask for what was happening they couldnt give any cogent information. Since i will be connecting another flight in lagos the following money i couldnt leave the aiport. Finally we started boarding by 1am and alighted from the flight in Lagos minutes after 2am. You can imagine the kind of risk people lives are been subjected to just because you want a faster means of transportation.

It is a news because a minister was involved how pathetic. There are thousand of Nigerians that had suffer the same fate from Arik over the years and nothing has happened. Just threat arik by saying yo will sue them for messing up your schedule and the response will be ' Yours will be the 1001 case in court.
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by NNMUU(m): 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
There are 3 reasons y a flight will b cancelled
1) something is wrong with the plane
2) something is wrong with the pilot
3) something is wrong with the weather
All these reasons are for our safety.
I would rather be down here wishing I was up there than being up there wishing I was down here.
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by evesdon4u: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
Now, how's that for a "first-hand experience"?
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by babamajor: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
Honourable minister when are we going to start getting. Tins right , I bout arik ticket cuz I Wil be visiting nija very soon but wen discussing wit friends Lata, I was told to prepare my mind for d worst cuz I mit not travel frm New york to nija dat day. But it's a shame if all we are known for is negative news.
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
Dronedude:
So sad this happened and for his information, the refreshment that came after 1hr 30mins is a publicity stunt becos the discovered he was there and affected.
REFRESHMENT?? Tell me it's a lie. Somebody! Anybody!!
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
NNMUU:
There are 3 reasons y a flight will b cancelled
1) something is wrong with the plane
2) something is wrong with the pilot
3) something is wrong with the weather
All these reasons are for our safety.
I would rather be down here wishing I was up there than being up there wishing I was down here.
You forgot the 4th one.
4) Something is wrong with the country.
Abi dem model sky, planes and pilots after that of the planet of the ape? Mscheeeeeew!
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by cacmatters(m): 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
So I am lucky. Arik didn't delay my flight for more than 30 minutes last month while going to ilorin from abuja.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by GbengaOGA(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Arik Air again! Their customer service is a disaster!! My wife missed her flight last month when returning to Dubai because of their lack of professionalism. Painfully, I had to pay for their mistake and they refused to reply any of my complaints. That was the first in our many years of traveling to experience such, needless to mention that it was the first time (and the last) to try Arik Air.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion In Anambra Kills Many, Destroys Vehicles, 7 Buildings And Shops / The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) / Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.