Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) (60383 Views)

Notorious Robber 'Ability' Rearrested After Escaping From Court In Calabar.PICS / Notorious Robber Found Dead In Liberia In Pool Of Blood With His Hands Tied / Notorious Robber Known As'vampire' Arrested By Security Operative In Imo(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
kilokeys:
Mighty Joe died for ten naira...

what do we call tinubu?

Gargantuan Tinubu
or

THE HULK
?

Incredible Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Oilandgas1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
lalasticlala:
Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing ₦10.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MusadiqZ/media/grid?idx=1

LOL!

This photo and the story behind it literally had me in stitches.

Mighty Joe was an infamous robber that terrorised Nigeria back in the day. To imagine he was publicly executed by law for stealing just ₦10 (Ten Naira), is hilarity personified.

That was when our money had major value, though. Remember the Naira (₦) used to be equivalent to the Pound (£) before Babangida and his ilk made a mess of our notes (so I was told).

Sadly, today, people steal monies running into billions and no one dares move a finger or challenge them.

2 Likes

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by nortcentrallord(m): 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
shinejackie:
if he was executed in 1973 because of #10 naira, then people like buhari, obasanjo,atiku, jonathan, lbb, shagari and all our politicians (from 1979 till date) should all be buried alive because they have stolen trillions of naira and have asset spread all over the globe... angry
Thank you my dear because there is no politician that I know who has not stolen or taken a bite into public fund. They should all be buried alive then. They said Shagari's government was hopelessly corrupt but no one was sentenced to death for stealing public fund in his regime or the regime that preceded him but that man stole #10 and was sentenced to death. That is what I call selective justice. I don't support capital punishment.

1 Like

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
kilokeys:
Mighty Joe died for ten naira...

what do we call tinubu?

Gargantuan Tinubu
or

THE HULK
?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

MIGHTIER MIGHTY TINUBU
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by bobbyruffy(m): 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
Did I see BH? (Boko haram)
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
bigtt76:
This man get Full Front Page attention ...meanwhile we go de here de beg Mods for Front Page tongue

grin grin grin grin HELP ME TELL DEM
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by House24(m): 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
During d time of Gowon hmmm lipsrsealed cool
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by faradexs09(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
lalasticlala:

cnt believe dz, 10naira dt rats steal now wid no execution, cwiously 9ja must be really black in dz dandiest time
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mighty Joe's killing was politically motivated, he has done far worst thing than stealing #10 but he had issues with a particular family in Lagos which led to ropping him and his eventual execution.
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
pring:
u need to read about china and about their economic success
Are chinese human beings?
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by simpleseyi: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
lalasticlala:

Please what was his crime? Stealing or Corruption? He was shot because of "Money that cannot even buy a Peugeot car". Is that fair? - President Gridlock Jonascam, 2015
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by pleah58: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Check out the mega bonuses *** FREE UNLIMITED LEADS ***
Turn $12 BECOMES $4000 PER WEEK! 100% Profitable!!
Get immediate access to our entire course
right now to discover an easy system
that will give you the potential
to make... $300 A Day and even more!

check It ... www.Jobs-Fashion.Com
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by neocortex: 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
This headline is misleading he can't be executed simply for stealing 10 Naira because "Mighty" and "Notorious" cannot be attached to someone who simply stole 10 Naira.
Sensationalism at its worst.
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by donsheddy1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
All diz blood you are sharing... Chai da riz God o. But from then till now, naija never still better.
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by ezeonwe: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
Whatever the value of money was then compared to its value today, that is the issue. The issue which is the expectation of every nigerian today, is that if an ordinary nigerian who steals should be prosecuted and executed, so be it to all our so-called leaders. The nigerian leaders contradict themselves and confuse the citizens by having what they call the rule of law and the immunity clause at the same time. That gives them the chance to loot our resources while they are in seat without being challenged by the citizens. Anybody who does that will be dead. Infact citizens do not even know anything about how their resources are being managed. When they descend the seat, their co- thieves called EFCC will collect some part of it by the process of charging them to court. That will be the end of it all. Some frustrated citizens even go as far as giving them thuggry intimidating their fellow citizens by the command of corrupt and selfish leaders.

1 Like

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by omonnakoda: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
hardbody:

Was your father an illiterate then? That must explain his inability to explain what happened to you. See, listen. If had 1 million pounds you get given 20 pounds but if u had 10 pounds you also get given only your 10 pounds. If you had nothing you received nothing. Thanks to the then Finance Minister opolo eye Awo. Today with the 20 pounds we are still dominating. I own a personal house in town touted to be owned by Lagosians. Area boys and omoniles are still there forming barons.
What is wrong with your epileptic mother?
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Idrismusty97(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
dovelike:

If they aren't then where does that leaves you?

1 Like

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
Idrismusty97:
If they aren't then where does that leaves you?
Why don't you help me answer that
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
ezeonwe:
Whatever the value of money was then compared to its value today, that is the issue. The issue which is the expectation of every nigerian today, is that if an ordinary nigerian who steals should be prosecuted and executed, so be it to all our so-called leaders. The nigerian leaders contradict themselves and confuse the citizens by having what they call the rule of law and the immunity clause at the same time. That gives them the chance to loot our resources while they are in seat without being challenged by the citizens. Anybody who does that will be dead. Infact citizens do not even know anything about how their resources are being managed. When they descend the seat, their co- thieves called EFCC will collect some part of it by the process of charging them to court. That will be the end of it all. Some frustrated citizens even go as far as giving them thuggry intimidating their fellow citizens by the command of corrupt and selfish leaders.

AUTHORITY STEALING PASS ARMED ROBBERY - Fela Kuti
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by hardeyincah(m): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oops! I can see BH boldly written there, hope is not what we are thinking?
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Etumgbe:
10 naira then be like 10 million naira now
yet wat was done to those for steal 10m instead it is those that steal pot of pourage you will hear dead by hanging. change as come, national cake will be made as strong as ice block.
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by ejiro2130(m): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
zubby29:
if we have been killing confrimed thieves like dat by now Nigeria will b corruption free

Nigeria population for be 5000 by now
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Amyceilyn(f): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
Anyways, did anyone notice the BH on the right side of the news paper,,,,,
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Thank you my dear because there is no politician that I know who has not stolen or taken a bite into public fund. They should all be buried alive then. They said Shagari's government was hopelessly corrupt but no one was sentenced to death for stealing public fund in his regime or the regime that preceded him but that man stole #10 and was sentenced to death. That is what I call selective justice. I don't support capital punishment.

l agree cool
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by hardbody: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
What is wrong with your epileptic mother?

Your m0r0nic illegitimate father of a mental mother infected her
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by jotax(m): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
Etumgbe:
10 naira then be like 10 million naira now
Take it easy oga, ur Exaggeration too much!

1 Like

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Princephelar(m): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
tonychristopher:

Mighty Joe’s last words: May God bless everybody, both my friends and enemies. Tell my wife, my os that the execution be reverted. That was never to be (see photos).
Mighty Joe praying.

YOU SEE HOW YORUBAS AND EDIOS HAS BEEN SPILING OUR NAMES SINCE 200 BC

http://www./profiles/blogs/photo-mighty-joe-nigeria-s-notorious-robber-executed-in-1973-for-
Shake My Head... So na only peepz wey u mention dey still bah! u such a rasist. So all dem Aba boys, wetin dem dey do? All dem Igbo and Hausa politians, wetin dem be? I just wonder how some peepz lik u reason... Im being logical no insult meant...
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by sammhi(m): 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
master2000:
When our current politian are looting our common wealth and they don't want buhari to imprison them.
he will start with Tinubu, Saraki and Amaechi first then we will believe him...ode
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by Princephelar(m): 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
dovelike:

Yes dey are, except if u arnt one either... See question...

1 Like

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by freshcvv(m): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
sexylogan:

You people are saying it was just N10
Look at the price of the newspaper...only 4kobo!
that means 4k in 1973 is equivalent to about N200 now.
ie N0.04 is equal to N200 now
that means N10 then = N1,000,000 today... shocked
well, if they wer to kill everyone who stole N1m today...HIAN!!! grin grin grin

#10 then would be #50k now not 1 million oga.
Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by 1stola: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
dovelike:
No one has the right to execute anybody.
Ofcoz.

1 Like

Re: Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) by daveP(m): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Jst showed mumc outta curiousity. She sighed! Said the way the name was pronounced is like "mati jo"

1500likes (dancing salsa)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Nigerian Woman Robbed & Raped By 5 Men In New York / TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death / Lady Caught Stealing At A Shop In Warri Where She Previously Stole From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.