Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons (748 Views)

How I Nearly Killed My Aunt Last Christmas / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) / The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by Islie: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
A mild drama played out at the Kano State police headquarters at the weekend when a bride who was arrested for allegedly stabbing her husband to death three days after the wedding said she committed the crime because the deceased attempted to have sex with her.
Rahama Hussaini, 18, killed her husband, Tijjani Nasiru, in their residence at Darmanawa quarters in Tarauni Local Government Area of Kano State.
The accused said: “I didn’t just kill him like that; it was during a fight over sex. He wanted to have sex with me and I refused”.
She said when her late husband overpowered her during the struggle, she used a knife to stab him. “After I stabbed him, I ran away while he was shouting,” she said.
She denied the report that she killed him after taking drugs, saying she committed the crime in self defence.
“He was my cousin, but I did not love him. We were just told to marry each other,” Rahama said.
But a close friend to the deceased, Malam Sani Mai Almajirai, faulted the wife’s claim, saying his friend was stabbed to death while sleeping.
“I was in my house when I was told that my friend, Tijjani, had been stabbed by his bride. I rushed to his house, where I found him calling for help. We rushed him to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH) where he was confirmed dead,” he said.
He added: “What we are suspecting is that Tijjani was stabbed while asleep, because it would have been impossible for her to stab him twice while awake. He would have protected himself.”
When asked if the bride was forced to marry the deceased, Almajirai said: “Nobody was forced to do anything. I was the one who sought her parents permission on his behalf, to court Rahama, as enshrined in Islamic law”.
He alleged that they had a hitch free courtship and that on the eve of the wedding, everything she asked for was provided.
In an interview, spokesperson of Kano State Police Command, ASP Magaji Musa Majia, said the couple had a quarrel and that in the process, the accused stabbed the deceased in the stomach.
“The husband died as a result of the stabbing and he has since been buried according to Islamic injunctions. She will be charged to court after investigation,” he said.
He appealed to parents to always allow their children to choose their spouses.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/48898-why-i-killed-my-husband-bride
Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by orobs93(m): 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ok and it is the work of the devil next.
Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Muslims and their way of arranging the marriage of their children. Cousin?? Let them charge her to court from now till next century, it will still be repeated if they keep up with this marriage nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by Zaikon(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ok o
Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by Infomizer(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
I'm happy she didn't bring the devil into this!

#SighOfRelief

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by Chrisjane(f): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
Two different account. Who are we going to believe? Methinks something fishy is going on. RIP to the deceased.
Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by fromnigeria(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
I am trying to believe the bride, some men think Xs is by force most times.
So i think thats what actually resulted in this, the bride might as well be hot tempered.
Lol, Logically Reasoning joor.

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by ijustdey: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
is it a crime to demand for s3x after you have being married........

why marrying when you know you don't want to be sexed
Re: I Killed My Husband - Bride Gave Reasons by goodmorning40: 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
This is a new trend, hausa brides killing their grooms

(1) (Reply)

Automatic Toothpaste Dispenser With Toothbrush Holder. ..major Dearler / 7 Things A Daughter Needs From Her Father / -four Things I Always Belive My Parent Were When I Was A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.