Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. (4284 Views)

11 African Presidents Who Handed Over Power Peacefully / Ibrahim Buba Gayius Jailed For 70 Years / Meet The Five Nigeria Ex-Presidents Who Died While In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by optimusprimer(m): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Please tell your friend who is accusing GMB
of old age to tell us which of these is GEJ
better than?
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf became President of
Liberia at age 70 in 2006. She was 75 in 2011. She will remain president till 2016, at the age of 80 years

• President Jacob Zuma of South Africa is 72
years old. He will be
president till 2019 at 77 years

• Nelson Mandela, born in 1918, became
President of South Africa in 1994 at the age of 76. Still president in 1998
when he stepped down
for Mbeki at the age of 80. If he had served
two terms, he would have been 84

• President Peter Mutharika of Malawi was 74 when he was sworn in on 31 May, 2014. He will be president till 2019 at 79

• President Alpha Conde of Guinea is now 76 years old. He was sworn-in in December 2011 when he was at 72

• President Jose Eduardo Santos of Angola is 72. He will be president till 2020

• President Abde Bourtefilka of Algeria is 77 years old, and will be
in office till 2020 and he will be 83 years old
then

• President Alasanne Quattara of Ivory Coast
was 72 years in 2012, and will be President till 2016

• Yoweri Museveni of Uganda has been
president since 1985. He won another seven years-term in 2013 , and will be president till 2020 when he is 84

• President Jose Mujiaga of Uruguay was 75 years old when elected. He is 79 years now

• President Tedoro Oblang Nguema
Mbasogo, Equatorial Guinea, was born on January 6, 1942. He is 72 years old and still going on

• President Michael Sata, Zambia, is 77 years old. He became president September 23, 2011 at 74, and will rule till
2016 when he will be 79

• President Paul Biya of Cameroon is 81
years old. He will be in office till 2017 at the
age of 84

• President Milos Zeman of Chech Republic is 70 years old and will be
in office till 2018 when he is 74

• Beji Caid Essebsi of Tunisia is 88 years old
and he assumed office
in 2014 at 87 years old

• Ronald Reagan, born on February 06, 1911,
became US President at 70, and served two terms before retiring in 1989 at the age of 78

• Abdul Halim of Malaysia is 87 years old. He assumed office in 2011 at age 84

• Karolos Papoulias president of Greece is 85 years old. He assumed office in 2005 at age 76

• Anerood Jugnauth Prime Minister of
Mauritius is 84 years old. He
assumed office in 2014 at age 83

• Raul Castro of Cuba is 84 years old. He assumed office in 2008 at age 77

• Artur Rasizade of Azerbaijan is 79 years old. He assumed office in 2003 at age 68

• Mahmud Abbas of Palestine is 79 years old.
He assumed office in 2005 at age 70

• Shimon Peres of Isreal was 90 at the time his term ended in 2014

• Eamon De Valera of Ireland was 90 years
when his term ended in 1973

• Joaquin Balague of Domican Republic was
89years old when his term ended in 1996

• Giorgio Napolitano of Italy was 89 years old.
when he resigned from
government in 2015

• Luis Alberto Sánchez Prime Minister of Peru
was 88years old when he resigned his appointment in 1989

• Girma Wolde-Giorgis of Ethiopia was 88 years old when his term ended in 2013

0 • Sandro Pertini of Italy was 88 years old when his term ended in 1985; Also,

• Obafemi Awolowo was 74 during his last
attempt at presidency in 1983.

• Nnamdi Azikiwe was 79 when he contested
for presidency in 1983

Courtesy: Unity and one - Nigeria forward

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
I wanna believe de OP is a youth, and if ya in support of old men ruling us, wen is it ever going to be ya turn? Buhari and his bandits, 25 years ago called many of us d leaders of tomorrow, wen is d tomorrow if not now? Wise up bro!

9 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by datguru: 11:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
So what now ?
Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by optimusprimer(m): 11:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I wanna believe de OP is a youth, and if ya in support of old men ruling us, wen is it ever going to be ya turn? Buhari and his bandits, 25 years ago called many of us d leaders of tomorrow, wen is d tomorrow if not now? Wise up bro!

I would passionately stick with an elder that Knows d way than follow a young mind that isn't ready to learn. Ur choice is urs, u will live with it. I made mine and so I'll live with it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 11, 2015
If the young and energetic men find it difficult to pilot the affairs of this great nation, let's give an elderly man of progressive mind (Buhari) the opportunity to steer the activities of this country.

If the above listed president could manage their country effectively at their age, I believe Nigeria can't be an exceptional.

Vote #GMB2015.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by kodded(m): 12:19am On Mar 11, 2015
Op you forgot one thing
None of them ruled twice

1 Like

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 11, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
. U know what. Just calm down, sit tight, relax breathe normal and relax again and watch GMB rule and make nigeria a better place for future leaders to lead conveniently. Sai BABA

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by owobokiri(m): 2:56am On Mar 11, 2015
When you are done compiling the list of presidents who are over 70, you should hurry to compile the lists of presidents who don't have certificates, are senile, can't remember their deputy or electoral bodys names and a renowned for their bloody past. .

3 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by agabusta: 3:45am On Mar 11, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Is Jonathan a youth? Why are you guys deceiving yourselves?

Misgovernance, nepotism and weak leadership does not have anything to do with being young or old?

Infact older men have demonstrated wisdom and tact in handling issues than younger. Some wisdom keys are learnt through age-long experiences and not only through raw intellect.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by agabusta: 3:46am On Mar 11, 2015
I don't understand why PDP goons are trying all they can to paint GMB's age as an hindrance to performing well. Imagine Fayose on national TV claiming that Buhari's official age is 73 as if he personally signed his birth certificate.

It is obvious, we need a change in govt. We need new hands to manage the affairs of this country.

We want to have people like Buhari, Osinbajo, Oby Ezekwesili, Fasola, Pat Utomi, Amaechi, etc pilot the affairs of this country.

We are tired of Sambo, Dizeanni, Okonjo, Obanikoro, Okupe, Abati, etc they have tried their best. We have seen what they are capable of in the past 5 years we need change!

GMB/PYO to the rescue!

#Ihavedecided

4 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by ziccoit: 3:54am On Mar 11, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Being a leader of tomorrow doesn't necessarily translate to political office holder. How have you been fairing as a father/mother in your family? How good are you as an head of a team in your place of work? How much have you contributed to the development of your locality where you reside? What people are saying about you? What is your private and social interaction and how are they affecting people you meet everyday? Youths are leader of tomorrow is just a kind of wise saying. It doesn't translate to holding a political office. That some youths misunderstood the statement is evidence of a failed educational system in a failed society.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by agabusta: 4:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Front page material...

Ngwakwe, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, OAM4J, maclatunji, ishilove, Lalasticlala, Seun... we'll appreciate if you can do the needful smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Ilekeh(f): 4:06am On Mar 11, 2015
Abdullah007:
APC LIE LIAR MUHAMMAD

APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic demented sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile drug dealer and a cocain sniffer property seized in the usa for his drug deals.

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him with his forged result.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys

Ambode new recruit errand boy

Buhari boko haram spiritual head

Atiku and Thiefnu.bu boko haram sponsor

BUHARI Abacha is not corrupt and did not steal .

Muslim brotherhood party APC is the Nigerian version of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood Party? Check out this: 1. Party Leader - North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim). 2. Party Leader - South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim). 3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim). 4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim). 5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim). 6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim). 7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim). 8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim) 9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim). 10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim). 11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim). 12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim). 13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert). 14. EX-officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim). 15. EX-officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim). Yet, these people want us to believe they are PROGRESSIVES and that APC is a national party. I think APC has a hidden religious agenda..Be guided people!

Sorry, your lies, photoshops, ethnic and religious bigotry won't change my mind.

I won't vote for corruption.

I won't vote for partisan.

I won't vote for incompetency.

I won't vote for PDP.

I won't vote for GEJ.

As for me and my compound, we have decided. Change is coming!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by obiz2014: 4:15am On Mar 11, 2015
Those. Mentioned are /were educated and healthy

2 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by ValentineMary(m): 4:47am On Mar 11, 2015
No wonder most African government are incompetent and they lag behind because most countries on the list are African countries. Vote for change and not for age.
Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Ilekeh(f): 4:48am On Mar 11, 2015
obiz2014:
Those. Mentioned are /were educated and healthy

Knowing this, why are you still voting for GEJ?

1 Like

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by ziccoit: 5:01am On Mar 11, 2015
Abdullah007:
APC LIE LIAR MUHAMMAD

The Schizophrenic demented sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile drug dealer and a cocain sniffer property seized in the usa for his drug deals.

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him with his forged result.

Muslim brotherhood party APC is the Nigerian version of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood Party? Check out this: 1. Party Leader - North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim). 2. Party Leader - South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim). 3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim). 4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim). 5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim). 6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim). 7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim). 8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim) 9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim). 10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim). 11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim). 12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim). 13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert). 14. EX-officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim). 15. EX-officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim). Yet, these people want us to believe they are PROGRESSIVES and that APC is a national party. I think APC has a hidden religious agenda..Be guided people!

That was why the clueless factorial VP Sambo said in the North during PDP campaign that PDP is more of Muslims than Christians that Osinbajo is a pastor in the SW and has 5000 churches so APC shouldn't be voted for.

Meanwhile, Mr Robot, how is Bisi Akande your APC chairman including others you mentioned?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by vicadex07(m): 5:18am On Mar 11, 2015
kodded:
Op you forgot one thing
None of them ruled twice

Lol...I didn't know when that became a crime

1 Like

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Badgers14: 6:19am On Mar 11, 2015
Age is just a number wink

Sai GMB 2015 cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by alaoeri: 6:33am On Mar 11, 2015
In the time of crisis when the so called youth with PHD lack ideas on how to stir a country, to save the country from further destruction, elders are call to come to the rescue.
#ihavedecided
GMB/PYO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by DeviIhimself: 6:47am On Mar 11, 2015
Abdullah007:
APC LIE LIAR MUHAMMAD

Apc is boko haram

I love you #nohomo

1 Like

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Micuilles: 6:50am On Mar 11, 2015
@ least they all had O-level certificates. buhari, where is your certificate

1 Like

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 11, 2015
But Nigerian youths are scared of joining politics, let alone contest for president. Or is 57 year old Jonathan regarded as a youth?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by DaGC(m): 7:19am On Mar 11, 2015
I have nothing against Buhari's age, qualifications, ethnicity, religion etc, but my vote is for GEJ. I think his administration has achieved a lot.

Its my PVC, its my choice. Last time I checked, everyone is entitled to vote their choices. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by kheart(m): 7:46am On Mar 11, 2015
Ibo proverb "What an elder sees while sitting down a young man ll nt see even if he climb iroko tree"

Yet na ibos dey castigate buhari pass.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by mrrock: 7:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Below.

1 Like

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by mrrock: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2015
1. While you have listed ages here you didn't take into consideration the population of those countries. You have no idea what a complex task it is to run a large country like Nigeria. Countries like Cuba you listed there is just like one local government (LGA) in Nigeria. A good student randomly pulled from university of Nigeria Nsuka can rule Cuba successfully.

2. You never also tell us whether any of those presidents was an illiterate like Buhari. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Awolowo were highly educated people. Their educational qualification was their selling point unlike Buhari who have nothing to show academically.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Abeg tell PDP gullible members,so daft to see that Ph.d isn't a good measurement of good governance..

Buhari is our man,I have decided,enough of GEJ saTanic administration..

Sai GMB/PYO.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by QuiverBox(f): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2015
optimusprimer:
Please tell your friend who is accusing GMB
of old age to tell us which of these is GEJ
better than?
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf became President of
Liberia at age 70 in 2006. She was 75 in 2011. She will remain president till 2016, at the age of 80 years

• President Jacob Zuma of South Africa is 72
years old. He will be
president till 2019 at 77 years

• Nelson Mandela, born in 1918, became
President of South Africa in 1994 at the age of 76. Still president in 1998
when he stepped down
for Mbeki at the age of 80. If he had served
two terms, he would have been 84

• President Peter Mutharika of Malawi was 74 when he was sworn in on 31 May, 2014. He will be president till 2019 at 79

• President Alpha Conde of Guinea is now 76 years old. He was sworn-in in December 2011 when he was at 72

• President Jose Eduardo Santos of Angola is 72. He will be president till 2020

• President Abde Bourtefilka of Algeria is 77 years old, and will be
in office till 2020 and he will be 83 years old
then

• President Alasanne Quattara of Ivory Coast
was 72 years in 2012, and will be President till 2016

• Yoweri Museveni of Uganda has been
president since 1985. He won another seven years-term in 2013 , and will be president till 2020 when he is 84

• President Jose Mujiaga of Uruguay was 75 years old when elected. He is 79 years now

• President Tedoro Oblang Nguema
Mbasogo, Equatorial Guinea, was born on January 6, 1942. He is 72 years old and still going on

• President Michael Sata, Zambia, is 77 years old. He became president September 23, 2011 at 74, and will rule till
2016 when he will be 79

• President Paul Biya of Cameroon is 81
years old. He will be in office till 2017 at the
age of 84

• President Milos Zeman of Chech Republic is 70 years old and will be
in office till 2018 when he is 74

• Beji Caid Essebsi of Tunisia is 88 years old
and he assumed office
in 2014 at 87 years old

• Ronald Reagan, born on February 06, 1911,
became US President at 70, and served two terms before retiring in 1989 at the age of 78

• Abdul Halim of Malaysia is 87 years old. He assumed office in 2011 at age 84

• Karolos Papoulias president of Greece is 85 years old. He assumed office in 2005 at age 76

• Anerood Jugnauth Prime Minister of
Mauritius is 84 years old. He
assumed office in 2014 at age 83

• Raul Castro of Cuba is 84 years old. He assumed office in 2008 at age 77

• Artur Rasizade of Azerbaijan is 79 years old. He assumed office in 2003 at age 68

• Mahmud Abbas of Palestine is 79 years old.
He assumed office in 2005 at age 70

• Shimon Peres of Isreal was 90 at the time his term ended in 2014

• Eamon De Valera of Ireland was 90 years
when his term ended in 1973

• Joaquin Balague of Domican Republic was
89years old when his term ended in 1996

• Giorgio Napolitano of Italy was 89 years old.
when he resigned from
government in 2015

• Luis Alberto Sánchez Prime Minister of Peru
was 88years old when he resigned his appointment in 1989

• Girma Wolde-Giorgis of Ethiopia was 88 years old when his term ended in 2013

0 • Sandro Pertini of Italy was 88 years old when his term ended in 1985; Also,

• Obafemi Awolowo was 74 during his last
attempt at presidency in 1983.

• Nnamdi Azikiwe was 79 when he contested
for presidency in 1983

Courtesy: Unity and one - Nigeria forward

The World has 195 recognized Sovereign States( Countries) and you just mentioned 32 that have 70 years and above President, that percentage is 16% ; logically 84% of countries of the world have below 70 year old president.

Why should Nigeria be amongst the 16% when we can be amongst the 84% of the world acceptable ratio of President below 70 years.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. by mycar: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2015
How intelligent were those elders when they were young, intelligence diminishes as one gets older.

Buhari was never intelligent, it takes more than saying, I am not corrupt to lead a nation. It takes wisdom, knowledge, strength and many more. Never a time I have heard APC campaigning on these qualities.
In 1984, Buhari termed shagari regime as corrupt, which improvement did he bring? nothing.

It takes a lot to be the president of a country, and Buhari is far from being the right person. President Jonathan is just beginning to find his rythm now and you want us to spend another 4 years experimenting again with Buhari. Buhari has lost touch of the reality and should stop this nonsense. If he is so good, let him start off an NGO and promote his corrupt free society, or better still, make himself available for the post of EFCC Boss and prove to us that he's got the strength and passion for our their country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Face Of Wike's Wife Without Photoshop / Shocking News, House Stool(chair) Used In Lagos Bus As Passenger Seat / Biafra: It Will Be A Sorry Day For Nigeria If Anything Happens To Kanu‎ – Col. J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.