Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World (32537 Views)

The Thing Wrong With Nigerian Movie Industry And The People Watching / Why Ghollywood Is The Worst Movie Industry Ever... / Charting The Way Forward For The Nigerian Movie Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Akon419(m): 8:47am On Mar 12, 2015
And the ungrateful once said GEJ is not working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by anonimi: 8:59am On Mar 12, 2015
Great news recognising our quantity.

Better news when we are recognised for QUALITY by winning serious international awards. Mainframe, OGD on my mind. They need to remake some of their classics, BTW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by experimentist: 9:40am On Mar 12, 2015
With those their dirty mediocre movies?
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 12, 2015
In terms of quantity,not quality. Gollywood is much better than nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Capableben(m): 10:00am On Mar 12, 2015
Amefrica:
That's right. Nigeria is really growing in every part, and a lot of intergovernmental organizations are seeing potentials and also forecasting alotta good things to befall Nigeria very soon.

I have friends here who are hell bent on going back to Nigeria after graduation to delve into Nollywood, I wouldn't mind something like that too but I'd prefer the "Canada-based Nigerian actor" title, I'd feature anytime they come to Canada to shoot a video. Make I follow chop and flex Nollywood money small grin

Great People, Great Nation! smiley
Tell them to stay there and continue their life... They'll come here and make chances slim for we that went to local schools... pls I'm serious,

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by 14(m): 10:10am On Mar 12, 2015
what a joke?
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by kandiikane(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2015
Amefrica:
That's right. Nigeria is really growing in every part, and a lot of intergovernmental organizations are seeing potentials and also forecasting alotta good things to befall Nigeria very soon.

I have friends here who are hell bent on going back to Nigeria after graduation to delve into Nollywood, I wouldn't mind something like that too but I'd prefer the "Canada-based Nigerian actor" title, I'd feature anytime they come to Canada to shoot a video. Make I follow chop and flex Nollywood money small grin

Great People, Great Nation! smiley

Is it because you cannot leave Canada?

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by anonimi: 11:01am On Mar 12, 2015
Flets:
Thanks to GEJ for supporting Nigeria's movie industry.

You can call him all the names you want but you can't take away the fact that he has made very smart moves whose dividends are gradually reeling out.

GEJ continua!!!!

Indeed, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Arch. Namadi Sambo have made steady PROGRESS in turning around our moribund socio-economic development so more JOBS are created by private-sector investors as clearly recognised by international agencies that used to IGNORE and condemn our sleeping "giant of Africa".

Time for the Giant to Wake up, surely!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2185940_wpss201503050001_jpegefe431b726358d0cac6969a9b74d8e48

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by isan(m): 11:40am On Mar 12, 2015
We knw already nollywood is always NO1 in africa

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by isan(m): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2015
njays24:
In terms of quantity,not quality. Gollywood is much better than nollywood.
what is ghollywood again? undecided is that name of an animal or what? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
oh yeah mehn! cool

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
kandiikane:

Is it because you cannot leave Canada?

I don't quite understand your question, but if you mean relocating finally to Nigeria from Canada after my studies, then I don't know yet more on the 'No' side. But I think I'd wanna stay back here.

I'm a Nigerian, I'm living, working, and studying legally here. I think I'd even be going home by December for Christmas. I can leave and return at will.

I hope that answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
Capableben:
Tell them to stay there and continue their life... They'll come here and make chances slim for we that went to local schools... pls I'm serious,

Haha grin Yes sir, I will. But at the end of the day, the decision is theirs to make.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by kandiikane(m): 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
Amefrica:

I don't quite understand your question, but if you mean relocating finally to Nigeria from Canada after my studies, then I don't know yet more on the 'No' side. But I think I'd wanna stay back here.

I'm a Nigerian, I'm living, working, and studying legally here. I think I'd even be going home by December for Christmas. I can leave and return at will.

I hope that answers your question.
I see... Question answered.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by ReSexzskilz(f): 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:
oloshi ni e ni, omo jatijati..
Ma je kin ki e mo lè, o grin

is it by force to love u, pls leave me na..
ki ni mo sè iya yi ?
gringrin
U are a joke of a boy
cheesy
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Capableben(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Amefrica:

Haha grin Yes sir, I will. But at the end of the day, the decision is theirs to make.
Thanks for ur understanding....
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2015
Capableben:

Thanks for ur understanding....

Anytime. smiley
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by emmysoftyou: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
ReSexzskilz:

gringrin
U are a joke of a boy
cheesy
i ve email yu,hope u get it grin grin
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by stanleyharry: 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
DO YOU NEED A LOAN IF YES GET BACK TO US WITH

NAME.........
STATE........
AMOUTH.......
SEX..........
AGE..........
via......harryloancompamy5@gmail.com
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by stanleyharry: 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
APPLICATION FOR THE POST FOR:
1)M.D
2)MANAGAR
3)RESETNOCE
4)SECETRY
5)P.R.O
6)D.O.S
CONTACT US ON:via harrytom329@gmail.com OR call 08117646849
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by grandlexuz(m): 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2015
Bollywood generates 4.5 Billion dollars.. Where do you get your facts? Most Bollywood actors are extravagantly rich.. The world's most second richest actor is Sharukh Khan..

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by sarris(m): 11:55am On Mar 13, 2015
HOW GENUINE IS APC'S CHANGE.
I hv watched series of campaign,election promises & d promises of change by d opposition party all progressive congress.
HOW GENUINE IS APC'S CHANGE

As a concerned nigeria youth who truly & desperately desire positive change in d way d resources of this country are managed by our leaders.Based on dis am forced to ask hw genuine is dis change promised by APC.lets look at d following areas they hv promise us change.
#How genuine is APC' CHANGE

CHANGE IN CORRUPTION.
Honestly d govt is desperately corrupt,but APC has nt told us hw they intend to fight & reduce corruption.There is a saying dat a tree does nt mk a forest if dis is true dat means Buhari alone cannot fight corruption which also means he has to rely on those around him,now lets look at those around him,Amaechi,Timipre Silva,Tinubu,Aragbesola,Atiku etc.These men including all nig politicians re corrupt.hw will Buhari & dis men fight corruption will he prosecute them or quarantine them & prosecute others.

CHANGE IN POWER SECTOR.
Am not a politician but a true Nigeria.l think d best thing d current govt has done in d last six years is to privatise d power sector tho we re yet to feel d impact of dat policy but every honest person will knw dat sonner or later power failure will be a thing of d past.now APC has continously condenm this so l ask wat is d plan of APC to give us power as soon as possible.
#How genuine is APC'S CHANGE

CHANGE IN SECURITY.
Buhari told us once he is elected insecurity will be a thing of d past,Nigerians,Tens of thoudands of people hv died,properties destroyed & millions displaced yet our dear Buhari hv d solution to dis problems and kept mute waiting to unveil d solution wen elected.
#HOW GENUINE IS APC'S CHANGE

CHANGE IN INFRASTRUCTURE.
APC made up of Buhari,Amaechi,Aragbesola,Timipre Silva,Atiku etc hv promised massive infrastructure if elected my question is with d billions of naira allocated to most of these men in their various states how much infrastructure have they put in place.They accuse d federal govt of not doing enough in infrastructure forgetting they didnt do their parts in their little states.

My question is simple
#How genuine is APC'S CHANGE.

From Shadrach Orumbie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vandora: Meet Vanessa Williams, BBNaija Housemate, Biography / A Show Without A "FAT" Contestant - Monalisa Stephen Blasts BBNaija Organizers / See How Nigeria Voted For The Nominated #bbnaija Pairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.