Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World (32514 Views)

The Thing Wrong With Nigerian Movie Industry And The People Watching / Why Ghollywood Is The Worst Movie Industry Ever... / Charting The Way Forward For The Nigerian Movie Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by eliteweb(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
When u look at movies being display on Africa Magic and the ones in the shops u will a whole lot of difference.

Most movies being shown on AM are craps why 80% of d ones in d shops have really upgraded in terms of scripting and production.

Yoruba movie producers have some good quality movie equipment.

Gradually we are growing....

http://deltastateweb.com
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by VANHELLSING: 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
ChristyG:
This francis guys and his biased news,i clicked on the first story and found out that u did not put the story on kunle afolayan success there,u only removed the ibo part to feed ur egotistic self,the second one too,u just removed the ibo part and posted it here..get over urself dude,and stop trying to downplay other tribes great stride in nollywood.oh and this news is old,since 2012
OLOSHO!! what is it with u & igbo?, dem swear for ur head ni?. Can't u read news & move on?.....smh for for a pathetic & miserably lost soul like u sad angry
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by loomer: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
falconey:
Crap!!!! Dumping millions of nigerians with 40minutes repeated stories with no quality.

Look forward to OCTOBER 1 by kunle afolayan.
Nollywood yoruba rocks!!!.

Nollywood Yoruba no be still nollywood?
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by SambisaaForest: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
emmysoftyou:
it s because yu didn't read the lines that said so,

U ve no point but to insults pple online that make reasonable comments after reading,
if yu re ghana and yu re so pained concerning d above statement ,so sorry it hurt but facts or truth be told...
Go back to school or university and behaved matured or grow up than causing or quoting happy pple with yur frustrated jamb results..
Have a nixe day..
T
NEXT
hahahaha a certified shitnigerian mumu talking about insults. you mudder fuggers do nothing but insult all your miserable lives. didn't Mama Piss insult a whole retired army general and former head of state? A man old enough to be her father! fuckedness! shitnigeria is a sh1thole. end of story! dambura ba! grin
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Weah96: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
This number 2 position is due to sheer volume of materials released every year. It's not unusual for a Nollywood actor to shoot 3, 4, 5 movies in as many weeks.
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by UyiIredia(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
kennygee:
Only thing is we have to deliver on the quality we dish out.

Meanwhile, Bollywood produces better movies and has even evolved so much over time.

It should be number 2, Nollywood can now be 3.

Nigerians are so naïve (bigfrancis21 and his supporters too). How can Nollywood be the 2nd best when there are British, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Canadian, Indonesian, Japanese etc film industries to beat. They have far better quality, more money and more diverse (3D and animated films inclusive). Even South Africa have an Oscar nomination (Tsotsi) to be proud of. If Nigerian movies are worth $10 billion then that 10 billion ain't worth $h!t.
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by MaconAwire(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
Amefrica:

Say what?? grin
O sori dint knw it was sm1's name ;-D
I meant america/africa
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
MaconAwire:
O sori dint knw it was sm1's name ;-D
I meant america/africa

My moniker is a blend of America and Africa too. cheesy No problems. wink

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by ReSexzskilz(f): 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
WTF!!!! I MEAN WHY DO THE BLACK RACE CELEBRATE SO MUCH MEDIOCRITY AND IM.BE.CI.L.ITY? I'M FREAKING SO DISAPPOINTED IN AFRICANS. $800,000,000?? THAT MEANS ORDINARY AMAZING SPIDER MAN 2 MOVIE IS WORTH MORE THAN THE WHOLE OF NOLLYWOOD, THE SELF-ACCLAIMED GIANT OF AFRICA!! WHAT A DISGUSTING SHAME TO MANKIND AND THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. HORRIBLE.
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by ReSexzskilz(f): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
emmysoftyou:
nollywood

anyway i have never one day see ghana movies as a big threat or competitors to nollywood movies,
the only intimidation the ghanians actors or actresses gave a big blow to nigerians actors or actresses is their boldness to displayed the act of nudity in their numerous unprincipled and uncultured movies which a nigerian cultured men will not like to engage on,if not ghana gollywood cannot competes or cause a threat to nollywood..
when i heard frm the very first time that living in bondage is the first home video in nigeria,it took me time to understood d meaning of home video cos i ve been watching programs like things fall apart,ripples and the village headmaster but they re not home video and i say kudos to the man behind the success,kenneth nnebue and today we cannot discuss nollywood without his name and his first home movie not mention..
nollywood in its nature can now be rated alongside hollywood and bollywood, this is a signs that good things comes frm africa.. cool

kudos to the godfather of nollywood (pete edochie)
kudos to the godfather of bollywood (amitahb benchan)
kudos to the godfather of hollywood (james bond) or syvester stallion..

yu guys fascinated me with your unique roles in the scenes..
And let me thank the rest of the actors and actresses too.
sharon stone[hollywood] hmm good instinct ..
angelina jolie[hollywood]hmm also good..i lov her..
anold swertzernegger,[hollywood]best commando,hmm lov him..
syvester stallion[hollywood],hmm aka rambo,tough man

sharuhk khan[bollwood],handsome lovaboi.
karrena kapor[bollywood],hmm she s good.

emeka ike,nonso diobi,jim iyke and ramsey noah,[nollywood]hmm gud stuf.cheesy
omotola ekeinde,genevieve nnaji,tonto dikeh and stella ojukwu damascus..

yu guys have made hollywood,bollywood and nollywood what it s today and kudos to the ones i didnt mention..one love..cool
Either u are the biggest, awkward joker in history

or u just a mid-teenage boy

or better still, the biggest dunderhead on earth. Fool!
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by sarris(m): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
sleemfesh Its a shame we have refuse to see any thing good in Nigeria.post=
ReSexzskilz:

31510957:

Nigerians appreciate yours, kai!
Smh.
Opposition has destroyed healthy politicking in our dear country. Foreigners mostly tell us how good we are and guess what, some of reject it. So sad.
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by hustleranthem(m): 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
ReSexzskilz:
WTF!!!! I MEAN WHY DO THE BLACK RACE CELEBRATE SO MUCH MEDIOCRITY AND IM.BE.CI.L.ITY? I'M FREAKING SO DISAPPOINTED IN AFRICANS. $800,000,000?? THAT MEANS ORDINARY AMAZING SPIDER MAN 2 MOVIE IS WORTH MORE THAN THE WHOLE OF NOLLYWOOD, THE SELF-ACCLAIMED GIANT OF AFRICA!! WHAT A DISGUSTING SHAME TO MANKIND AND THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. HORRIBLE.
Madam English..I greet u
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by emmysoftyou: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
ReSexzskilz:

y re yu so pained my swthart,
why u so frustrated my yoyo bitter,
yu didnt pinpoint out ur own point to countered my own point,
what lines of sentence affected ur tiny brain or reasoning?
Or ar yu a ghanian?
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by emmysoftyou: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
SambisaaForest:
hahahaha a certified shitnigerian mumu talking about insults. you mudder fuggers do nothing but insult all your miserable lives. didn't Mama Piss insult a whole retired army general and former head of state? A man old enough to be her father! fuckedness! shitnigeria is a sh1thole. end of story! dambura ba! grin
how does the topic gat to do with mama peace and retired general?

what is ghanian like yu,so insultive doing here,
what happen to ghanaweb,i guess it s bore,
ok u re wecom one love,tel ur sista to back off (resexzskilz) grin
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by iamord(m): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
ReSexzskilz:

u nailed it

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Neplusultra(f): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Igbos, always pioneeeing excellence. Pls take me back to d days of Old wen movies made a whole lot of sense unlike wots obtainable now undecided by d way, dat October woteva, isnt it high time dey got over and done wit d movie, so much suspense am not even interested again undecided
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Neplusultra(f): 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
babosky2008:
misrepresentation of facts and distortion of history. The first Nigerian movie òf the modern era was said to be AJE NI IYA MI BY ISHOLA OGUNSOLA. I SHOW PEPE.
You mean, 'Your mother is a witch' ? shocked
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by ReSexzskilz(f): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
emmysoftyou:
y re yu so pained my swthart,
why u so frustrated my yoyo bitter,
yu didnt pinpoint out ur own point to countered my own point,
what lines of sentence affected ur tiny brain or reasoning?
Or ar yu a ghanian?
Fool
cheesy
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by emmysoftyou: 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
ReSexzskilz:

i am a Fool?
cheesy
yes dear grin and even dumbb sad grin
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by ReSexzskilz(f): 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
emmysoftyou:
yes dear grin and even dumbb sad grin
Ode buruku
grin
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by emmysoftyou: 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
ReSexzskilz:

Ode buruku
grin
oloshi ni e ni, omo jatijati..
Ma je kin ki e mo lè, o grin

is it by force to love u, pls leave me na..
ki ni mo sè iya yi ?
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by bankson80(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2015
i dont know why nigerians like u are not well informed.you have to make research online inorder no to disgrace yourself.
VIPERVENOM:
Did they put themselves at number 2? Make i hear word. An industry dat still uses 1980s effects in 2015. Poor quality. D worst hollywood movie is still 10 times better than our best. For all i know these guys have been stagnant for a long time. If you watch bollywood movies of nowadays you'll disown nollywood sharply. We still have a long way to go
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by anitabeauty(f): 8:17am On Mar 12, 2015
Igbo are just too much for making this happen.
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by 867Y5309(m): 8:19am On Mar 12, 2015
This topic is severely tribal.. How can you claim the Igbos were at the forefront while Ogunde worked behind the scenes? Do you even know what Nigerian drama is all about? This is what we see when the op writes on something he has no idea about
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by victors123: 8:20am On Mar 12, 2015
They are talking about revenue try to embrace gud tin!!! Weldone Actors & adtress!!! Gud news!!!
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by MDMA: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2015
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by AJ01(m): 8:24am On Mar 12, 2015
pekeyim:
Dem don pass India?

Hmmm
my brother na the same thing i wan ask oo shocked
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 12, 2015
This is good to hear. Naija rocks
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2015
bankson80:
i dont know why nigerians like u are not well informed.you have to make research online inorder no to disgrace yourself.
wat research? There's no research to make. Nollywood is trash. End of story
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2015
pekeyim:
Dem don pass India?

Hmmm
yes o a child must grow up na.
Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Okeikpu(m): 8:40am On Mar 12, 2015
Point of correction....Igbowood,nt Nollywood.....(¬_¬) Igbo's helping ds country since 18 BC. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nollywood, Nigeria's $800 Million Movie Industry And Number 2 In The World by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 12, 2015
oneda:
with this half rate movies they're producing?
haba broda, b hapy 4 our country for once.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vandora: Meet Vanessa Williams, BBNaija Housemate, Biography / BBNaija: Mike Wins Bet9ja Arena Games Champion, Gets 2 Million Naira / Whitemoney: Why Maria May Evict Me, Queen On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.