Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street (509 Views)

Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic / A Day-Old-Baby Whose Mother Has No Where To Go After Demolition Of Lagos House / PHOTOS: Army Floods Lagos Street This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street by Harbdulrasaq(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
A 2-day old baby boy was found on Sunday March 8th after he was abandoned in a kiosk on Marina street close to Wema Bank Plc in Lagos Island. The baby who has since been named after late philanthropist Chief Molade Okoya-Thomas, was found by a good Samaritan, Dr Oscar Odiboh who runs the Afribaby Initiative,a non-governmental organization.

According to Punch, Dr. Odiboh (pictured above), said he got a call from some people that a baby has been abandoned on the streets in Marina...

"I got a distress call on Sunday that a baby had been abandoned by the roadside at Marina. I left everything I was doing and rushed to the scene. While I was heading for the scene, I contacted the police and some medical personnel to be on standby. On getting there, I discovered that the baby was abandoned inside a kiosk. People were gathered and just watching, cursing the mother. Nobody dared to go near the baby. A few minutes after I got there, the police arrived and I was allowed to carry the baby. We took him to the station and I handed him over to the family support unit of the police at the Adeniji Adele Police Station.”. He daid

On why the baby was named Molade Okoya-Thomas, Dr Odiboh said

“Knowing that the police would transfer the baby to the appropriate government agency, and in order to create an identity for the baby, I decided to name him after Chief Okoya-Thomas. Coincidentally, I was wearing one of his burial attires on that day and the baby, who we have adjudged to be about two days old, might have been born the same day our he was buried.

The baby has now been transferred to the Office of Youth and Social Development where he is said to be doing very well

http://www..net/2015/03/photos-2-day-old-baby-boy-found.html

Re: 2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street by Ikem11(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Some women can be wicked
Re: 2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street by alienvirus: 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
What a life. Dangote of tomorrow.
Re: 2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
Na tonda go fayaram finish in the near by future when she go don marry & begin look for the fruit of womb..
Re: 2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street by DaBullIT(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
How dem use know say na 2 day old baby?
Re: 2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street by Rapmoney(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nigerians!!! People gathered and were insulting the biological mother of the baby whom they don't even know, instead of giving the child a sound medical attention! I know some foolish people would be there taking photographs of the baby so they could upload them on social network! What a pity!
Re: 2-day Old Baby Boy Found Abandoned On Lagos Street by bamog(m): 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
undecided shoro niyen

(1) (Reply)

Whither The Spirit Of Class Struggle In Youths? / Egypt Sacks 41 Judges For ‘supporting’ Brotherhood / Gunmen Attack Nigerian Student Leader In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.