Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,197 members, 7,860,299 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

In What Ways Did Your Father Influence Your Current Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In What Ways Did Your Father Influence Your Current Life (454 Views)

Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? / When Your Father Works With Nigerian Breweries(Hilarious Photo). / In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In What Ways Did Your Father Influence Your Current Life by tobechi74: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
It really is remarkable how deeply fathers impact the lives of their children either negatively or positively. The following stories describe four different kinds of fathers. You may find yourself identifying with one of them.

1) One man who struggles with low self esteem recalls that his father paid very little attention to him, and that the attention he got was often hurtful. He sill struggles with feelings of failure and the thought that no matter how hard he tries it just isn’t good enough.
His father on the other hand felt that he was motivating his son with positive criticism “for his own good”, and that his lack of affirmation was to keep his son from becoming proud and arrogant. “All I wanted was to help him be the best that he could be. I know my standards were high, but the world is a tough place and I just wanted him to be prepared”. Although his intentions may have been good, the damage he caused would take years to overcome.
Re: In What Ways Did Your Father Influence Your Current Life by tobechi74: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
2) A lady tells the story about her father who was overprotective. She had very little freedom to go anywhere. If she asked permission to go somewhere there was always a reason why she couldn’t.
Re: In What Ways Did Your Father Influence Your Current Life by baralatie(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
my dad gave me an anointed slap that me face my book and pack bad company far,far away from my destiny!

WILLINGLY.

(1) (Reply)

Does Forgiveness Involve Restoration Of Relationship? / Your Take On Joint Account / What Will Be Your Reaction If You Discover Your Husband/wife Is A Serial Cheater

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.