Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Why Is The Nigerian Societies Like This - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is The Nigerian Societies Like This (500 Views)

Yoruba: Is It Right For Oba And Olori To Dress Like This??? / The Traditional Societies And The Female Child / Would You Obey Tradition And Allow Your Wife Appear Like This On Your TM Day 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Nigerian Societies Like This by charismaticdave(m): 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
I have observed a lots of CULTURES and they are the same about the following things

• Abstinence from premarital sex

• More seriousness from life means more success

• Marital compatibility

Myth: Abstinence from premarital sex makes the couple more compatible

Truth: Abstinence from premarital sex does not make any couple more compatible or make them more faithful, this is all a myth to make the other party more faithful, religion cloaked it with marriage, while I think otherwise.

Myth: More seriousness in life means more success

Truth: the only thing that can bring more success to one’s life are Perseverance, Patience and Passion which I call the 3Ps, no matter how serious you are if there is no 3Ps, you are doomed for disaster.

Myth: Marital compatibility, I am loss for words when I was typing this but I will make amends later. When people see a couple holding hands and looking happy, they always say something like “The Love Still Dey Shark Dem”

Truth: There is no limit to whatsoever you want to do as long as it’s the right thing, everyone deserves the right to be happy, and they deserve to be less serious along the way.

According to Francesca Reigler, artist, Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.

And According to Paul H Dunn, Happiness is a journey, not a destination; happiness is to be found along the way not at the end of the road, for then the journey is over and it's too late. The time for happiness is today not tomorrow.
According to Denis Waitley - Author and Speaker, Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.

It doesn’t make you less passionate, but it makes you more human.

This is my opinion though
Re: Why Is The Nigerian Societies Like This by chimoskyg(m): 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
Believes
Re: Why Is The Nigerian Societies Like This by UpgradingUrself: 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
HMMMMM

(1) (Reply)

Rest Room/ Environmental Maintenance / The Good You Do Comes Back To You / Who Do You Trust With The Maintenance Of Your Property? Who Does It Better!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.