Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? (50533 Views)

Acres Of Land At Karishi Fct, Abuja. 100k Per Plot Buy In Acres And Sell In Bit. / List Of Building Materials In Nigeria And The Price Qoutes / 2 Building Story For Sell In Mokola @ibadan Oyo State,near Premier Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by damola1: 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2009
Your comments don't hold.

People that can afford this, will most certainly want to look different from others. I think it'll be acceptable.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2009
offtopic - cool  - sketchup 6 or 7? and is that tree from the free render plus tree maker addon? er. . .do you have any . . .smustard plugins i could er - borrow cheesy

what renderer are you using?

do some 3d myself, though it's mostly conceptual

MrCrackles:

What nonsense are you talking about?

generator house, gateman house?

How can you tell or show a window is burglar proof from a mere architectural drawing?

Since when has a borehole and tank become a necessity in order to effectively design a home?

WTF
?!

you've been out of naija for way too long,  .if you've ever been there. houses/building are effectively one man local governments that must include a generator, borehole, water treatment plant, diesel tank, , high wall fence etal.

you don't want to put too much of the latest building technology into a house in naija  - no support/local spare parts available .

those houses will do - see plenty like that in lekki - as long as they aren't wooden (or as HRH stated - their materials are suited to nigeria). the considerations you face in building design in naija are different - eg you want to keep heat out, not in.

to the best of my knowledge, 3d modeling in naija is more for conceptualization than outright design - (and i'm inclined to see sketchup the same way) - ie builders will be more comfortable with good old @D drawings.

warning - nigerians are mostly cheap bastards who see nothing wrong with drafters/technicians(referred to as 'engineers') designing their buildings - so you need to understand where your competition may be coming from, though i do know that nothing blows nigerians away like 3D. . and if its rendered. . .you just might have them eating out of your hand
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by topelenege: 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
[size=8pt]It's one thing to get the perfect design, it's another to get it done perfectly. The problem here in Nigeria is not the civil work in terms of structures but the FINISHING. Believe me the standard here is way too low. So leave the issue of contractors redoing anything; it doesn't work that way here. They'll be wondering "what defects are you seeing" that they can't  notice. I've been to the US once(just six months ago), with the homes you've got there, it will be difficult to get the right quality driven contractor that will handle the Project 'US standard'.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by MrCrackles(m): 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
oyb:

you've been out of naija for way too long, .if you've ever been there. houses/building are effectively one man local governments that must include a generator, borehole, water treatment plant, diesel tank, , high wall fence etal.

That is not my point dude!
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2009
topelenege:

[size=8pt]It's one thing to get the perfect design, it's another to get it done perfectly. The problem here in Nigeria is not the civil work in terms of structures but the FINISHING. Believe me the standard here is way too low. So leave the issue of contractors redoing anything; it doesn't work that way here. They'll be wondering "what defects are you seeing" that they can't  notice. I've been to the US once(just six months ago), with the homes you've got there, it will be difficult to get the right quality driven contractor that will handle the Project 'US standard'.

not really - you can get workmen to do it as long as you give them 100% supervision.(sad, isn't it?) thats the problem with the current generation of artisans etal. you cannot make the mistake of considering them to be responsible.

MrCrackles:

That is not my point dude!

dude. . .what was your point? am a little sleepy, so i must ave missed it. . .

more offtopic. . .rendered scene of a proposed lpg plant also done with sketchup

Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by joobreel(m): 11:39pm On Jan 16, 2009
@topic
some peopla dont see anything good in what others do, they re all out to criticise and give negative stuffs to what is being done good. these designs will sell in Lagos. i stay in lekki and i can tell u there are designs almost like these in lagos. i have been to osborne, VGC, Parkview evn inside phase 1 and i can tell u there are designs like yours. so dont get discouraged. good things sell in naija especially in lag. all the best
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by Sapphic: 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2009
The houses look pretty good, and there will always be people who will bye such houses (if only to show that they have the purchasing power). however, unless they are modified to come into line with what the upper middle class can afford, their purchase will be restricted to a selected few and it might not prove a great business move.

You need to study the market. Designing these types of buildings is one thing. Getting the project to completion is a whole different kettle of fish altogether. You'll be shocked the amount of stumbling blocks that Nigeria can throw at someone carrying out such projects. And getting competent (talk much less of exceptional) workmen/contractors will be a long and tedious process. You can forget about that demolish the whole structure and start from scratch mentality (don't be surprised if they down tools indefinitely under such circumstances).

Anyway, Goodluck.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by viperman: 12:29am On Jan 17, 2009
@Larez

This is good stuff. Why don't you email me lets get talking on how we can give these wings.
Kindly email me on: lexfrosty @yahoo.com (tim d space between d ID and the @ sign) lets talk

rgds
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by allboyz(m): 1:04am On Jan 17, 2009
Nice design bro.

it should be accepted in NIG.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by algood(f): 1:06am On Jan 17, 2009
Nice building though, as a structural engineer and has work in lekki, parkview and oceaon view, we have similar nice design built according to BS81100 code.

U can import ur design to banana Island, thats a prety expensive area in Laos state now owned by People who love America design.

Just get the right set of team, and u can make ways pretty fast.

Dont also forget Nigeria buildings are reinforced concrete  and not the timbers and steel used in US.All rooms , kitchen are partition to the ceilings, not the half parting done here in US
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by algood(f): 1:17am On Jan 17, 2009
topelenege:

[size=8pt]It's one thing to get the perfect design, it's another to get it done perfectly. The problem here in Nigeria is not the civil work in terms of structures but the FINISHING. Believe me the standard here is way too low. So leave the issue of contractors redoing anything; it doesn't work that way here. They'll be wondering "what defects are you seeing" that they can't  notice. I've been to the US once(just six months ago), with the homes you've got there, it will be difficult to get the right quality driven contractor that will handle the Project 'US standard'.

I completely disagree with you, there are competent hands in Nigeria though they are few, i count myself one before i left the country for improvement.

The proect the guy is talking about is not to be build in Sango or Iyana Ipaja my dear, we are talking about real asthetic work.
May be u shuld visit Banana Island, u ask urself this question if u are in Nigeria or outside.

@poster, there are few competent professionals in the country and pray u meet the onces that adheres to the rules and code. If u are good am telling the sky is ur limit.

There is stupid money in the hands of the few, those that can afford to buy a piece of land for 60millions and above,

Give them good design, complete one project succesfully .they will be looking for u.

But be warn u have to be good in doing (PP).
[quote][/quote]
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 1:38am On Jan 17, 2009
Jairzinho:

They may not sell. The naija concept is  gated secured facility ,not necessarily elaboarate,butwith really big living rooms.

You have a point here about the security issue. But the concept for the bigger houses will have to be 1-3 Acre Estate lots in a Privately perimeter fenced community with security gates and cameras. The covenance may also include roaming armed security. This should eliminate the need for buglary proof as well. Until we have monitoring stations and quick reaction deployment, I guess we can't have contacts and glass-break sensors for the windows and doors

earTHMama:

They don't have winter in Nigeria. I don't think some of the houses will sell in Nigeria because of the climate. Try something with more balconey, shorter beams(for armed robbers/security) and longer cantilevers(for sun rays) besides, Nigerian builders are more comfortable building on level surfaces which helps our maintenance ethics. Structures built in uneven grounds are more prone to cracks and all that because of moment of a force.

You are right in wanting balconeys etc, but most of the houses you see here have those at the back and the sides. In regards to the cantilevers which I assume to be the roof overhangs, yes they may need to be at least 2 feet, or we may use other window top treatments. However, my designs are usually authentic to their styles. What you are seeing in your mind will fall under the category of the Mediterranean style. When I design a Mediterranean, my fenestration evokes the style as well.

Sisi Jinx:

What do you mean they won't sell because Nigeria does not have winter?

Is it not the design that we are talking about here?!!!  

@ Topic
I think are beautiful designs and it is about time we start building homes in Nigeria like we actually know what we want instead the building for building sakes most people do.

Thank you Sista, I am hoping that we may begin to explore possibilities as well. Where are the developers?

cabali:

pls help me ask them. I wonder if they are really into real estate to tell me the design will not sell because we dont have winter. Like the weather does not change in the US. So when it it summer in the US are the buildings collapsed for a summer structure??

Please u guys should visit someone in parkview estate and tell me if we have finally got winter in nigeria

You said it all Brotha. Thanks
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 1:59am On Jan 17, 2009
damola1:

THe simple truth of the matter is you need to come and test the market yourself.

But I tell you this from my tiny experience, professionalism is well appreciated in Nigeria. Very much appreciated. Because there are few professionals. very few.

So, if you are good at what you do, and can deliver well, the market is yours to take.

Take it!, Take it!, its yours!  

I agree with you on that Bro, but it seems like they have been somewhat tested in areas like Banana Island, Lekki, and some other nitches. It bothers me that for security reasons, the beauty of these homes get blocked from being viewed with the high fences around them, and hardly any space for greenry.

oyb:

offtopic - cool  - sketchup 6 or 7? and is that tree from the free render plus tree maker addon? er. . .do you have any . . .smustard plugins i could er - borrow cheesy

what renderer are you using?

do some 3d myself, though it's mostly conceptual

you've been out of naija for way too long,  .if you've ever been there. houses/building are effectively one man local governments that must include a generator, borehole, water treatment plant, diesel tank, , high wall fence etal.

you don't want to put too much of the latest building technology into a house in naija  - no support/local spare parts available .

those houses will do - see plenty like that in lekki - as long as they aren't wooden (or as HRH stated - their materials are suited to nigeria). the considerations you face in building design in naija are different - eg you want to keep heat out, not in.

to the best of my knowledge, 3d modeling in naija is more for conceptualization than outright design - (and i'm inclined to see sketchup the same way) - ie builders will be more comfortable with good old @D drawings.

warning - nigerians are mostly cheap bastards who see nothing wrong with drafters/technicians(referred to as 'engineers') designing their buildings - so you need to understand where your competition may be coming from, though i do know that nothing blows nigerians away like 3D. . and if its rendered. . .you just might have them eating out of your hand

Brotha, I have used Sketchup for quick studies of form, as well as to create parts (objects) for my models. But, the program that I use is a professional one. You basically have to build in virtual space as in the real construction. When this is done properly, you will end up with a database of everything that goes in the house and it's quantities. Click on the following to see some of my renders http://www.architecturaldefinitions.com/gallery.htm
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 2:22am On Jan 17, 2009
algood:

Nice building though, as a structural engineer and has work in lekki, parkview and oceaon view, we have similar nice design built according to BS81100 code.

U can import ur design to banana Island, thats a prety expensive area in Laos state now owned by People who love America design.

Just get the right set of team, and u can make ways pretty fast.

Dont also forget Nigeria buildings are reinforced concrete  and not the timbers and steel used in US.All rooms , kitchen are partition to the ceilings, not the half parting done here in US

Thanks Sista for the encouragement, and Bigups to Houston Texas. grin As mentioned earlier, I see these designs in a Perimeter fenced large subdivision with Acre Lots. In regards to construction process, Timber and Steel were used by the Colonials and the homes are still standing. The problem usually lies in the application process today. Many are not aware about issues such as wood being in contact with Masonry. The wood will have to be of Pressure treated stock, and well damp proofed. This does not mean that I will use wood. However, I don't see why interior walls (non-load bearing) cannot be done with steel studs and gypsum boards. I have found that in many hotels in Nigeria, you will find wood entry doors all warped. However, in places like the Nicon and Ikoyi hotels, you will not find this. It all stems from the inexperience of contractors who have no clue of why 'Oyinbo' does things, and are quick to eliminate them to save costs. I have walked many job sites in Lagos and Abuja to checkout their process, and found many application flaws. People rarely pay attention to ventilation and insulation. insulation works both ways and could be used to reduce energy costs in cooling spaces.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 2:54am On Jan 17, 2009
Here is a shout-out to all the folks with words of encouragement and positive criticism. It seems like the general consensus implies that we can improve on the housing products that we put out there in Nigeria. There are legitimate issues that we need to address in terms of our processes. I will also agree that most of these designs have to be tailored to the climate and sun-glare. There are 2 areas that I would like to focus on for now in the Lagos market. One of them is to do a Townhome sub-division tailored to young Professionals with in-home offices on the ground floor. what do you think about this? This might be ideal for the diaspora market. Secondly, I find it amazing that we have not explored taking advantage of the Lekki Lagoon and it's possibilities. I therefore will like to see a public water theme park complete with jetties for recreational boating and Jet skis between Ajah and Epe.

Did you know that there is a water trail from Lekki Lagoon all the way to Ondo State without getting in the ocean? Are you aware that River Oshun runs from the same body of water that could be Navigable all the way to Ikire in Oshun State? There is so much beauty out there to be discovered that most of us are unaware of. I will appreciate putting heads together with a group of interested parties to brainstorm and develop. I can be reached by email at larez(at)architecturaldefinitions.com (replace the (at) with @). let's put heads together folks and create our Utopia outside of Europe and America. Can you imagine Oyinbo lining up to get Nigerian Visas? grin.

Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 3:00am On Jan 17, 2009
Here is a picture of a more distinguished Townhome style.

Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by SeanT21(f): 5:09am On Jan 17, 2009
Those designs are BEAUTIFUL!!

You are very good at it~~Keep up the excellent work~~!!
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by fe32(m): 5:59am On Jan 17, 2009
your designs can definately, there's a estate here just after lekki and close to ajah, that if many bullshitting our designs ghere see , they will be shockd probably the bana island that guy reffered to,

, i saw that place and it reminded me of the desperate housewives neighbourhood
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by topup: 6:44am On Jan 17, 2009
I think the houses in the OP are really beautiful however, I just don't believe they are doing Nigeria justice. I understand that the goal is to give people what they want, and to fill the demand in the market, however, all it seems developers are doing is taking something that works somewhere else and placing it in Nigeria, Nigeria is not America, and though we admire America for certain things, its architecture being one of them, I just don't believe that we are doing justice to Nigeria. Looking at the pictures, they mean nothing to me, they do not provoke any emotional response, other than, "that looks nice" and I don't connect with the building as it does not connect with its surroundings. Materials which we could harvest and use which are home grown are thrown aside for bricks and mortar, which have never been native to our country.

I think it is very important for every country to have its unique and distinct character. Those buildings could be anywhere, they are not unique to Nigeria. Why try and replicate an American neighbourhood in Nigeria, surely if people wanted gated communities they would just visit the authetic place?

By focusing on bring out the best of Nigerian design, we can begin to define our own architecture, by researching into what people really want we can continue to develop from the traditional houses and rooms.

There's nothing saying we have to copy what others are doing, so why don't we be inventive for once?
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 17, 2009
Here's the thing. Every country is known for among other things, its unique architecture. Nigeria must be the same. It is the height of tastelessness to have Nigeria dotted with American looking houses. No doubt you are a good architect, but your current architecture is inappropriate for Nigeria. I don't know about you but I DO NOT want my country to be a clone of an American suburb. If I were you I would do research on Nigerian traditional architecture and then put your skills to good use by developing modern twists on our traditional buildings.

That's what would sell.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Yesssssssss, most def. It'll appeal to. . . . . . .

People wid high taste and Class

People who know what time it is

And people who are accustomed to the finer things in life!!! wink
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by gidig(m): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2009
@poster,

It all depends on your audience. In the Lagos area alone, there are various housing needs and diferent audience. The varuious response you havev received here are areflection of that. Just know your market. The guy who managed to buy a plot of land in Akowonjo may not go for your design but the guy who paid 850million for a plot of land on Banana Island may look forward to working withn you. You will not apeal to everybody! That is a fact. You have a huge market i NIgeria and in the corporate world.

Our company has produced print communication for estate company in the past and I have a fair idea what the marketing end is like. You are in the business of construction. Your risks are limited. You are not selling. package yourself and know your audience. It is all about positioning. When next yopu come to Naija, drive around IKoyi, where I think your audience will be. Maybe a few in Lekki but mainly Ikoyi and other location as decied by the client. I know one guy who brought in someone from Italay just to work his marbles. another example: there is a land in Banana island that the seller is asking 1.2billion for. A company has offered 850 million and he is not shifting ground. My point: You will get your own audience. plan your sntrance strategy right and you are in!

you could get in touch for more discussions. The beginning may be tough but you just need one breakthrough and you are in. Trust me on that!
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by sojioguns(m): 10:53am On Jan 17, 2009
@poster, Firstly I want to say thumbs up for even thinking outside the box. I am not much of an architect but your designs are fantastic and got me sold out. Why are people so concerned about the climate when people that can afford such houses would probably have secondary sources of power (standby generator and co). What I would advise is just make the ventilation adequate and make sure that all the materials required are readily available locally.
Well done bro.

1 Like

Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by JJYOU: 11:08am On Jan 17, 2009
sojioguns:

@poster, Firstly I want to say thumbs up for even thinking outside the box. I am not much of an architect but your designs are fantastic and got me sold out. Why are people so concerned about the climate when people that can afford such houses would probably have secondary sources of power (standby generator and co). What I would advise is just make the ventilation adequate and make sure that all the materials required are readily available locally.
Well done bro.
gidig:

@poster,

It all depends on your audience. In the Lagos area alone, there are various housing needs and diferent audience. The varuious response you havev received here are areflection of that. Just know your market. The guy who managed to buy a plot of land in Akowonjo may not go for your design but the guy who paid 850million for a plot of land on Banana Island may look forward to working withn you. You will not apeal to everybody! That is a fact. You have a huge market i NIgeria and in the corporate world.

Our company has produced print communication for estate company in the past and I have a fair idea what the marketing end is like. You are in the business of construction. Your risks are limited. You are not selling. package yourself and know your audience. It is all about positioning. When next yopu come to Naija, drive around IKoyi, where I think your audience will be. Maybe a few in Lekki but mainly Ikoyi and other location as decied by the client. I know one guy who brought in someone from Italay just to work his marbles. another example: there is a land in Banana island that the seller is asking 1.2billion for. A company has offered 850 million and he is not shifting ground. My point: You will get your own audience. plan your sntrance strategy right and you are in!

you could get in touch for more discussions. The beginning may be tough but you just need one breakthrough and you are in. Trust me on that!
brilliant.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by coolted(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2009
the designs are OK.

please go on with iot. i know that there are many rich or middle class nigerians that would go for these designs.

i would if i got the cost.

http://companyregistration.blog126.fc2.com/
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by ADEOMOLE(m): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2009
Nigeria is a very poor country. Really, we are not even top 5 in Africa.
Unfortunatley, our taste is damn too ostentatious.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2009
topup:

I think the houses in the OP are really beautiful however, I just don't believe they are doing Nigeria justice. I understand that the goal is to give people what they want, and to fill the demand in the market, however, all it seems developers are doing is taking something that works somewhere else and placing it in Nigeria, Nigeria is not America, and though we admire America for certain things, its architecture being one of them, I just don't believe that we are doing justice to Nigeria. Looking at the pictures, they mean nothing to me, they do not provoke any emotional response, other than, "that looks nice" and I don't connect with the building as it does not connect with its surroundings.  Materials which we could harvest and use which are home grown are thrown aside for bricks and mortar, which have never been native to our country.

I think it is very important for every country to have its unique and distinct character. Those buildings could be anywhere, they are not unique to Nigeria. Why try and replicate an American neighbourhood in Nigeria, surely if people wanted gated communities they would just visit the authetic place?

By focusing on bring out the best of Nigerian design, we can begin to define our own architecture, by researching into what people really want we can continue to develop from the traditional houses and rooms.

There's nothing saying we have to copy what others are doing, so why don't we be inventive for once?

I must admit that I feel you in regards to indigenous Architecture. But what is Nigeria's indigenous Architecture? I think this is yet to be defined. The psychology behind the philosophy of Architecture is usually based on the structures identified as wonders or great buildings in every culture. If we were to follow this back in time, then we are talking about mud huts. Later on in time, we will be talking about Jihadist/Islamic Architecture which when interpreted will basically be compounds with round huts surrounding a bigger round hut or square hut.

After the Jihadist period, comes the Colonial period. This will be the point of any kind of definition in Nigerian Architecture. Colonials took what was basic British rural Architecture, and attached porches to them, in order to take advantage of the sun. This style of Architecture can also be found in Jamaica and the Virgin Islands. The Caribbeans embraced more of the Italianate style which we now call the Mediterranean style, which had lower pitched roofs reflecting the lack of the need of steeper roofs. The steeper rooflines evolved from the French and Gothic styles of England, which were practical for shedding ice from the roofs before it accumulated and built up.

Nigerian Architecture therefore to me is best defined by being as closely related to the functional developments in the Virgin Islands, Jamaica and the Caribbean. This means Colonial Architecture at the period of the colonization of Nigeria, with porches wrapped unto them. My interpretation of this therefore will fall under the Craftsman / Shingle style with Porches and little fenestration added unto it. The influence of Islamic Architecture will also be found in some of these Colonials. The lack of fenestration will be a result of cost factors and availability of the fenestration elements.

It is important to understand that Architecture is a reflection of the society as well. The wealth factors, shipping factors are very relevant. Functionality, availability, comfortability and wealth are important factors that influence indigenous  Architecture, and should not be misconstrued as a period in time. An example of this to me will be the Cathedral Church of Christ, which I used to think was a feat of Architecture, until I saw real cathedrals outside of Nigeria. I drove past it recently and it looked dwarfed in my eyes from how I had previously perceived it during the time of Gowon.

Sista-Girl,  Which way forward now? Can you share your perspective of Nigerian Architecture with us?
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2009
sugabelly:

Here's the thing. Every country is known for among other things, its unique architecture. Nigeria must be the same. It is the height of tastelessness to have Nigeria dotted with American looking houses. No doubt you are a good architect, but your current architecture is inappropriate for Nigeria. I don't know about you but I DO NOT want my country to be a clone of an American suburb. If I were you I would do research on Nigerian traditional architecture and then put your skills to good use by developing modern twists on our traditional buildings.

That's what would sell.

Based on the issues raised, I will work on my interpretation of Nigerian Architecture. Damn generator has messed up my work-station, despite the fact that it runs through a voltage regulator and UPS. I now need a replacement graphics engine. However, when I get it back up and running, I will seek your comments on the product that i come up with.

To all the others who passed comments on this thread, i thank you very much for your encouragement. My background includes designs for many notables in the U.S. As a matter of fact, the home that Lisa (Left-eye) Lopez burnt down was my design that Andre Rison bought. Funny thing was that they were hanging out with me on that fateful night before they got into an argument after I left them at Club 112. A few others that I have designed for include L.A. Reid (president Sony records), Donnell Jones, Babyface, One of the Criss-cross guys, and many other Football and Basket ball stars. (A whole lot of them).  I am currently very interested in doing Marine communities in Nigeria such as in the attached pictures. My dream home is the fourth attached one. Thanks for your contributions and keep them coming.

Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2009
Side view of my dream home. (rendering)

Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2009
On the average, how much would these designs cost?
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by larez(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2009
saintvalx:

On the average, how much would these designs cost?

It depends on the services being provided. IE: Design, Design/Build, or Design/Construction Administration. Typical pricing in the US for design only, runs around $2/Sqft for heated space, and $0.50 to $1.00 unheated space such as garages, porches and basements.
Re: Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? by SisiJinx: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2009
larez:

Side view of my dream home. (rendering)

I love it!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The World's Best Architecture And Interior Designs Of 2021 ( Pics) / South African Man Turns His House To Swimming Pool After Heavy Flood / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.