Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,522 members, 7,954,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! (4855 Views)

Lagos State Guber Election Part 2: Agbaje Or Ambode: Vote Now! / NUJ Guber Debate: Okorocha Leaves Opponent Confused(pics) / APC Senior Party Men Destroy Articles In Assumpta Cathedral Owerri, Imo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Donclaracuzo: 4:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
Political debate is a rally or activity whereby candidates and political parties in elections are called upon to present their manifestos to the electorate. But today, Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has failed God and the Imolite by mobilizing thugs that vandalized the holy alter of God at the Assumpta Cathedral. This is a place he swore with God's name that he will only go for one tenure.
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by temitemi1(m): 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
Apc is @ it again!! God deliver us from the hands of these DEMONDS calld apc grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by chidistone: 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Chai, APC Why? Why did you attack the church? Why did you destroy God's alter.? How would you feel if one
go to your Mosque and do the same. Chai, there is God oooh!

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Donclaracuzo: 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
What will make a man encourage for vandalism even in the church?

1 Like

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by sorom4: 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
FP Material. What a show of shame!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by tswitch: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
In as much as I don't like Rochas or his political party......the onus falls on you OP to provide a credible source to this information as this act alone will cause the APC to lose needed votes in the SE.

*Buhari will still lose this election as usual anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by DeviIhimself: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
Apc is bokoharam

1 Like

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Onyegecha(f): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yes, the poster got it right. I'm sure by tomorrow the papers will carry the details. Rochas is a disgrace to governance. Tufiakwa!!!

tswitch:
In as much as I don't like Rochas or his political party......the onus falls on you OP to provide a credible source to this information as this act alone will cause the APC to lose needed votes in the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by tswitch: 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
Onyegecha:

Yes, the poster got it right. I'm sure by tomorrow the papers will carry the details. Rochas is a disgrace to governance. Tufiakwa!!!

Okay, thank you for the insight will wait for the headlines tomorrow.
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Donclaracuzo: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
tswitch:

POLITICAL THUGS INVADE OWERRI CATHOLIC CATHEDRAL, THE CATHOLIC ARCHBISHOP (MOST REV. A.J.V. OBINNA) FEARED INJURED is a caption from http://heraldnewsmagazine.com/political-thugs-invade-owerri-catholic-cathedral-the-catholic-archbishop-most-rev-a-j-v-obinna-feared-injured/. After the attack, the state commissioner of information – Chief Chidi Ibe went on air shortly after the violence stating that the hoodlums attacked the crowd reportedly with guns, machetes and axes to scare them away, making sure the debate would be a failure. He went ahead to accuse the PDP gubernatorial candidate, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha and his boys to be behind the attack. But, thank God that APGA, PDP, ACCORD party and other parties representatives were there to witness the type of gorilla type of politics APC are playing. Its a shame for those shouting change!

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by meforyou1(m): 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
Okorocha has lost Imo. That's one thing I'm 100% sure of

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by tswitch: 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Donclaracuzo:

POLITICAL THUGS INVADE OWERRI CATHOLIC CATHEDRAL, THE CATHOLIC ARCHBISHOP (MOST REV. A.J.V. OBINNA) FEARED INJURED is a caption from http://heraldnewsmagazine.com/political-thugs-invade-owerri-catholic-cathedral-the-catholic-archbishop-most-rev-a-j-v-obinna-feared-injured/. After the attack, the state commissioner of information – Chief Chidi Ibe went on air shortly after the violence stating that the hoodlums attacked the crowd reportedly with guns, machetes and axes to scare them away, making sure the debate would be a failure. He went ahead to accuse the PDP gubernatorial candidate, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha and his boys to be behind the attack. But, thank God that APGA, PDP, ACCORD party and other parties representatives were there to witness the type of gorilla type of politics APC are playing. Its a shame for those shouting change!

Thank you for this.
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by asha80(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
Which kind rumor be this?abeg stop this if it is not substantiated
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by eliteweb(m): 6:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
Donclaracuzo:
Political debate is a rally or activity whereby candidates and political parties in elections are called upon to present their manifestos to the electorate. But today, Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has failed God and the Imolite by mobilizing thugs that vandalized the holy alter of God at the Assumpta Cathedral. This is a place he swore with God's name that he will only go for one tenure.

Picture please
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Brightology2(m): 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Roooost-chasss is a big disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Donclaracuzo: 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
asha80:
Which kind rumor be this?abeg stop this if it is not substantiated
My brother, welcome and please don't fail to tell us that you have denounced your support for those barbaric apc championing for change!
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
The Imo state gubernatorial debate
scheduled for 10:00 am this morning at
the Maria Assumpta Cathedral was
disrupted by hoodlums who invaded the
church premises attacking onlookers that
gathered for the event.
The state commissioner of information –
Chief Chidi Ibe went on air shortly after
the violence stating that the hoodlums
attacked the crowd reportedly with guns,
machetes and axes to scare them away,
making sure the debate would be a failure.
He went ahead to accuse the PDP
gubernatorial candidate, Hon. Emeka
Ihedioha and his boys to be behind the
attack.
According to his report, he said that the
PDP people gave students two hundred
naira yesterday with a red card and whistle
to campaign against the incumbent
Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and his
party (APC). He also went ahead to say
that Emeka Ihedioha mobilized women with
one thousand naira each mandating them
to dress in black and black as widows and
campaign against the governor. The
commissioner stated he has every belief
that the PDP is behind the attack in the
cathedral this morning.
The Archbishop, Most Rev. A.J.V Obinna
advised onlookers to leave as the debate
will be rescheduled and communicated to
the public as soon as possible.
The attitude of most Nigerian politicians
regarding electioneering in Nigeria is that
elections are the operational counterpart
of war in which all intrigues, fair or foul are
considered legitimate.
Thugs obviously recruited by politicians
resorting to extreme profanity and
desecrating a place of worship is
condemnable. Arrests are yet to be
confirmed. It is being speculated that the
top contenders for Imo guber seat – PDP
and APC guber candidates Hon. Emeka
Ihedioha and Governor Rochas Okorocha
should be held responsible for anarchy.
The commissioner of information had
immediately gone on air to exonerate his
principal while Hon. Ihedioha is currently
on air to criticize governor Okorocha.
Arch. Bishop Obinna reputed for non –
partisan politics had organized a maiden
edition of the gubernatorial debate in 2011
which fared well. The reason for today’s
mayhem is alleged to be the apparent
dwindling of the incumbent governor’s
popularity.
Politicians are the same everywhere
anyway. Today’s anarchy does not
vindicate any of the Imo guber candidates
who are less popular. This is due to the
partisan business of politicking that
employs lies, misinformation and
propaganda, blasphemy and the abominable
local parlance of do or die politics –
credited to former president Olusegun
Obasanjo.
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Donclaracuzo:

My brother, welcome and please don't fail to tell us that you have denounced your support for those barbaric apc championing for change!
the link you provided didn't say it was APC thugs. Why are you lying?
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by asha80(m): 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ok...so the question is who is to gain from the disruption?
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by chidistone: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
berem:
i

Eye witness told you that it was an APC attack. The commissioner hurriedly made a public speech on that to call PDP a bad name. But, we all know that it was an APC show of shame. At least, I witnessed this one. Thank God I was able to find my way out on time,
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
This is an innovation

I have never heard of politicians preventing their opponents from attending a debate

Why has Okorocha brought this kind of embarrassment and insensitivity and uncivilised behaviour to my state?
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
chidistone:
i

Eye witness told you that it was an APC attack. The commissioner hurriedly made a public speech on that to call PDP a bad name. But, we all know that it was an APC show of shame. At least, I witnessed this one. Thank God I was able to find my way out on time,
I will rather believe the link provided than believe you.
Eye witness my foot!

@post,whoever is responsible for the attack on the church should be made to face the wrath of the law. Barbarians must not be welcomed in Imo state.
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by 1MCN: 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
I was there live in 2011 when this same event was converted to a Shaming ceremony for Ohakim by the Rochas supporters. Now Rochas can't stand the same test.

Ndi Ara

1 Like

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by pistol: 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
i was there live.
APC is a party of thugs.
Rachas is gone,that is very certain.
he couldn't stand the heat of the debate and he sent thugs to disrupt it and in the process beat up a Rev father.
peeeeeeee..........ka opuo....

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by valicious1(m): 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
berem:
mad woman

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
valicious1:

My mother is a mad woman
eyaaa sorry o!
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by nzeadachie: 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
ROCHAS IS A CONFUSED MAN, HE WILL NEVER HAVE PEACE TILL HE APOLOGIZE TO IGBOS EXPECIALLY WIDOWS
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by nwafuluozoh: 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
What a sacrilege! Whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad. Rochas beware.
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Abagworo(m): 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
My advice to Ihedioha and others is that they should watch it. Mbaise as a people have image issues to contend with and the actions of these people in the past few weeks is clearly indicating a likely war between Mbaise and the rest of Imo. Ihedioha cannot rule Imo for one day if he becomes Governor under impression of Mbaise governor. Without rigging Okorocha is getting 80% votes in the election.

Okorocha's supporters are not thugs but are mostly ordinary citizens who revere him. People like me. When the chips are down it is these ordinary people that will have the final say and they are in millions including students.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Abagworo:
My advice to Ihedioha and others is that they should watch it. Mbaise as a people have image issues to contend with and the actions of these people in the past few weeks is clearly indicating a likely war between Mbaise and the rest of Imo. Ihedioha cannot rule Imo for one day if he becomes Governor under impression of Mbaise governor. Without rigging Okorocha is getting 80% votes in the election.

Okorocha's supporters are not thugs but are mostly ordinary citizens who revere him. People like me. When the chips are down it is these ordinary people that will have the final say and they are in millions including students.

what a shameful tactic playing on silly prejudices!

The nonsense you say about Mbaise people, the rest of Nigeria says about Igbos!

you all need to grow up. If Rochas had any records of good service to base his re-election on; you wont need these silly prejudices.

Unfortunately, Ihedioha is not Ohakim. The lopsided population advantage Rochas had over Ohakim because of the population of Orlu zone relative to Okigwe zone in the case of Ohakim is gone in this election. Owerri zone can match Orlu and then the stranglehold of the PDP in Okigwe zone will this time be the difference and Rochas will be booted out of douglas house!

6 Likes

Re: Imo State Guber Debate: APC Thugs Vandalize Assumpta Cathedral Owerri! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Abagworo:

Nwoke m, my younger brother is getting married to an Mbaise girl. You can insult Ihedioha as much as you want but please do not generalize your insults on Mbaise people. I nu?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Ifeanyi Ubah Over Alleged N43 . 291 B Fuel Subsidy Scam / IPOB Member Under Radio Biafra London; LIVE And DIRECT / Whistle-blowers Get N3bn Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.