Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,903 members, 7,952,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

10 -year-od Math Genius - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 10 -year-od Math Genius (541 Views)

Professor's Math Leads To Airplane Security Alert / 10-year-old Anti-taliban Fighter Killed In Urozgan, Afghanistan / Math Teacher Arrested At JFK Aiport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 -year-od Math Genius by panafrican(m): 1:59am On Mar 12, 2015

(CNN)At first glance Esther Okade seems like a normal 10-year-old. She loves dressing up as Elsa from "Frozen," playing with Barbie dolls and going to the park or shopping.

But what makes the British-Nigerian youngster stand out is the fact that she's also a university undergraduate.

Esther, from Walsall, an industrial town in the UK's West Midlands region, is one of the country's youngest college freshmen.

The talented 10-year-old enrolled at the Open University, a UK-based distance learning college, in January and is already top of the class, having recently scored 100% in a recent exam.

"It's so interesting. It has the type of maths I love. It's real maths -- theories, complex numbers, all that type of stuff," she giggles. "It was super easy. My mum taught me in a nice way."

She adds: "I want to (finish the course) in two years. Then I'm going to do my PhD in financial maths when I'm 13. I want to have my own bank by the time I'm 15 because I like numbers and I like people and banking is a great way to help people."
Read more
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/09/africa/esther-okade-maths-genius/index.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 -year-od Math Genius by Horus(m): 4:38am On Mar 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKUleJKGEY

[size=15pt]Maths genius Esther Okade[/size]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 -year-od Math Genius by gatiano(m): 10:05am On Mar 12, 2015
Remove the european mentality from your children, Then you will see them do great things, tell them how great their ancestors were, The original truth about their ancestors and they would emulate them. Tell them the true history, not snow white fairy tales or santa claus fiction. They would surely be the superman. once upon a time ago, a black 10 year child knew everything about biology that a master's degree holder battles with today in this european cycle.
Find the truth and teach your child the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience / Beheading And Blast Reported At French Factory / The Rising Tension Between Russia And Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.