Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,955 members, 7,952,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience (541 Views)

US PRESIDENCY DEBATE…I NOW HATE TRUMP AFTER I HAD LOVED HIM / Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience by LegalIcon: 12:29am On May 05, 2015
Benjamin S. Carson, former head of paediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University, United States of America, returned to his hometown in Detroit on Monday to declare his bid for the Republican nomination for president.
“I’m Ben Carson and I’m a candidate for president of the United States,” said Mr. Carson, speaking before several hundred people in the city’s downtown Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts.
He joins what is expected to be a crowded GOP field of political veterans and first-time office seekers including Mr. Carson.
The official campaign rolled out gradually over the weekend, starting with several television appearances airing on Sunday by Mr. Carson. They were followed by early morning visits to Detroit’s African-American history museum and a public high school named in his honor. 
An anticipated, subsequent visit to Iowa, however, was put off because Mr. Carson wanted to attend to his mother who has fallen ill, his campaign said.
Born into poverty in Detroit on September 18, 1951, Mr. Carson was raised by a single mother. He graduated from Yale and the University of Michigan’s medical school, then moved to Baltimore. At age 33, he became the youngest head of paediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins and the first African-American to hold the post.
When he was 37, Mr. Carson rocketed to fame when he became the first doctor to successfully separate twins conjoined at the head. In 2008, President George W. Bush awarded him the nation’s highest civilian honour, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Mr. Carson has long been a hero in America’s black communities. His first book, “Gifted Hands,” became a staple in inner-city schools and church book clubs. And though he has long held conservative views, Mr. Carson didn’t emerge onto the political sphere until 2013, when he rebuked the Affordable Care Act and called for a flat tax during remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast as President Barack Obama sat feet away.
The prayer breakfast speech introduced Mr. Carson to a new audience: conservatives desperate for someone to make a compelling and distilled argument against the Obama era. Mr. Carson became a Fox News commentator and in 2014 published One Nation, a political manifesto that, among other things, called for term limits for federal judges and a new constitutional convention. The book sold more copies than Hillary Clinton’s long-awaited memoir, “Hard Choices.” Mr. Carson concluded there is an audience for him in the Republican primary.
Nobody has won a major-party nomination for president without holding prior elected office or leading the nation at war since Wendell Willkie in 1940. No person with such a profile has ever won the White House.
Re: Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience by Nobody: 12:32am On May 05, 2015
watching
Re: Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience by elbinmanny(m): 12:43am On May 05, 2015
I know him. He is my grand father's brother's sons nephew grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience by OKNkanu(m): 12:50am On May 05, 2015
Good luck.......
You can do it...
I believe in you...
There's nothing you cannot achieve....

Meanwhile...... somewhere in the rainforests..... eating my Okana soup with keple.
Re: Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience by eddyline(m): 1:03am On May 05, 2015
you've done incredible things before. it is possible.
Re: Ben Carson Declares For US Presidency Without Any Political Experience by georjay(m): 1:10am On May 05, 2015
Ben carson should holla tinubu for the formula...meanwhile I wish egbon ben carson Goodluck not jonathan!

(1) (Reply)

Beheading And Blast Reported At French Factory / Coup In Burkina Faso As Military Takes Over Government / The Rising Tension Between Russia And Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.