Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,492 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH (8461 Views)

Nurudeen Inwanfero Edo YDP Governorship Candidate / Court Didn’t Order Ydp’s Inclusion In Polls,judgment Reveals / Court-backed Young Democratic Party(YDP) fixes Its Primaries For Mar 26th & 27th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by agabusta: 3:46am On Mar 12, 2015
Court didn’t order YDP’s inclusion in polls, judgment reveals

Contrary to the claim by the officials of the new Young Democratic Party that the Federal High Court in Abuja, had ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to allow it to participate in the forthcoming polls, a copy of the court’s enrolled order obtained on Wednesday showed that the court did not make such order.

The party had on the strength of the alleged court’s pronouncement scheduled its primaries for March 26 and 27, ahead of the general elections which are to hold on March 28 and April 11.

But Justice Ahmed Mohammed in the judgment delivered on March 4, 2015, only among three other orders, ordered the INEC to issue certificate of registration to the party.

The judge held that YDP was deemed registered as a political party by the virtue of the failure of INEC to communicate its decision not to register the then political association as a political party within 30 days of receiving its (the plaintiff’s) application, as stipulated in section 78 (4) of the Electoral Act.

A copy of the court’s judgment also obtained on Wednesday showed that the plaintiff – the YDP – did not ask for inclusion in the polls in its amended originating summons dated December 2, 2014.

The court however did not ask INEC to allow the party to field candidates in the forthcoming polls.

The court only made four specific orders in the suit marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/ZRF/2014, as follows, “It is hereby declared that the defendant (INEC) has no reason whatsoever to refuse to issue the plaintiff with its certificate of registration, being that the plaintiff (YDP) was deemed registered as a political party by virtue of the provisions of the Electoral Act, particularly Section 78(4), and also considering the letter of submission of application dated March 17, 2014.

“It is hereby declared that the defendant has no reason whatsoever to refuse to issue the plaintiff with its certificate of registration, being that the plaintiff was deemed registered as a political party by virtue of the provisions of the Electoral Act, particularly Section 78(4), and also considering the letter from the defendant to the plaintiff, dated August 13, 2014 titled: Re: Application for Registration as political party.

“An order is also made directing the defendant to issue the plaintiff with its certificate of registration.

“Parties are to bear their own cost.”

When contacted for his reaction one of the lawyers of the party and also an official of the party, Mr. Ugo Nwofor, said he would call back.

As of the time of filing the report at about 8.24pm on Wednesday, Nwofor had yet to call back or reply to our correspondent’s text message enquiry.

Meanwhile, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Sebastine Hon, has described the party’s demand for inclusion in the forthcoming polls as baseless and untenable.

Hon advised the YDP to prepare for the 2019 general elections because it was no longer practicable for INEC to include it in this year’s elections.

Copyright PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-didnt-order-ydps-inclusion-in-polls-judgment-reveals/

3 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by agabusta: 3:47am On Mar 12, 2015
These are interesting times. Some people are trying all they can to cunningly scuttle the coming elections. And I find it difficult to understand their purpose. In Spartacus' voice "To what end?!". 

I'm happy my last post on same subject matter graced the front page. I stated it therein that INEC has maintained that it is yet to get the purported judgement. I even insinuated that the delay in getting the judgement across to INEC seems like a calculated attempt at sabotaging INEC from appealing the judgement and getting a 'maintenance of status quo order' before YDP gets further court judgements mandating INEC to include it in the polls. 

This seems to be exactly what is playing out! It is good we have newspapers still involved in investigatative journalism. Punch did a good service to the nation by going a step further to clarify the orders contained in the said judgement. 

And alas, it has revealed that there was no order mandating INEC to include YDP in the forthcoming elections. This is in stark contrast to what the party and it's proponents made the whole country to believe. 

I still don't understand and I also find it difficult to see the reason why some selected few does not want this election to hold according to the constitutional stipulated period. Are they not aware this is an introduction to confusion, chaos and will provide a leeway to have our democracy scuttled??‎

YDP and it's proponents are shameless propagandists who are not so smart, they think they can deceive an entire nation by using a press briefing to smuggle additional orders into a judicial pronouncement, infact they are supposed to be issued a punitive action to forestall future similar occurrence. 

YDP has failed, elections are holding as scheduled. If you like, continue your games in ensuring INEC do not get the purported court judgement. Prof Jega and other legal brains have said it that "the constitution is supreme and takes precedence where conflicts occur". The constitution has given INEC the mandate on the time frame on when elections are to take place and INEC has a constitutional duty as backed by law to conduct elections within this time frame. 

As for me, my family, my church and my community...

#WehaveDecided smiley smiley

GMB/PYO is the way to go for a better Nigeria. 

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by mperoakeem(m): 4:09am On Mar 12, 2015
Hahaha.... See gobe. Desperation from pdp Oh sorry ydp

13 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by hydroking23(m): 4:12am On Mar 12, 2015
Miserable attempt to sneak through the back door. I'm glad it didn't work out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by anneedu: 4:20am On Mar 12, 2015
Nothing has been cancelled yet, and right now the court have not conclude on it, so wait and see the out come

2 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by tatosh: 4:26am On Mar 12, 2015
Jonathan a very desperate insincere president and a best friend to corruption. If a president can closely embrace impunity even upto this point when he's trying to canvass for votes, then we should know what to expect if ever he is reelected.

Many of us know in our heart of heart that this is not the kind of president we want, unless you're not a true Nigerian or you've let ethnic sentiments and a few naira notes cloud your better judgement.

Looking at the history books of fully formed democracies, our democracy is young and at an evolving stage which explains the imperfections of the PDP & APC. In order to keep evolving, we need to be able to CHANGE! governments till we finally get it right or else we will be on one position forever. This is a fact!

APC may not be a perfect party yet but I say with conviction that things can never be this terrible under General Buhari such that the people will now be taken for granted to a point of derision. Things like impunity, corruption, unaccountability will be on the fast decline.

Let us embrace CHANGE.

SAI BUHARI!
SAI APC!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by agabusta: 4:26am On Mar 12, 2015
anneedu:
Nothing has been cancelled yet, and right now the court have not conclude on it, so wait and see the out come

Are you sure you are fully awake? What are you saying?? "That a court has not concluded on a case it has given judgement?" Lol, chai.

This particular court has concluded the matter for your information. The case can only go on again at the instance of an appeal.

20 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by agabusta: 4:34am On Mar 12, 2015
tatosh:
Jonathan a very desperate insincere president and a best friend to corruption. If a president can closely embrace impunity even upto this point when he's trying to canvass for votes, then we should know what to expect if ever he is reelected.

Many of us know in our heart of heart that this is not the kind of president we want, unless you're not a true Nigerian or you've let ethnic sentiments and a few naira notes cloud your better judgement.

Looking at the history books of fully formed democracies, our democracy is young and at an evolving stage which explains the imperfections of the PDP & APC. In order to keep evolving, we need to be able to CHANGE! governments till we finally get it right or else we will be on one position forever. This is a fact!

APC may not be a perfect party yet but I say with conviction that things can never be this terrible under General Buhari such that the people will now be taken for granted to a point of derision. Things like impunity, corruption, unaccountability will be on the fast decline.

Let us embrace CHANGE.

SAI BUHARI!
SAI APC!

The impunity and ethnic jingoism being used by the PDP to canvass for votes is highly despicable. It shows the kind of selfish people they are.

You can imagine the effrontery of a bigot like Fani Kayode, who went to Umuhia to give a press statement and tried to re-open fresh wounds of the civil war just to canvass for votes. This same FFK has insulted the good people of SE in the past, but now that he has received a handsome contract by GEJ, he is blowing full steam and being hailed by silly sycophants and hypocrites. I'm very sure intelligent people can see through the dirty schemes of the PDP.

They go to the East/SS, they talk about the civil war and Northerners, that they are born to rule to get emotions worked up in their favour.

They go to the SW, use Fayose to talk loads of trash that has the implication of inciting Northerners against SW peeps and then use Mimiko to organise rallies to draw the support of Yoruba civil societies and pressure groups.

They go to the North, use Sambo to preach that PDP is the original Islamic party in contrast to what they preach down south, they also use Babangida Aliyu and Lamido to drum it into the ears of Northerners that GMB is only getting support because he can do only one term which will deny the North 8yrs as if there is a rule in our constitution that gives each region 8yrs.

Outside of all this their evil and dirty schemes, they then try to portray GEJ as humble and quiet individual who doesn't know much about these their shenanigans.

What they are doing, especially Fayose, FFK, and the other loose mouths that they don't seem to know is that they are setting the foundation for a serious crisis based on the way they are actively encouraging hate btw the regions. I enjoin the intelligent and good people of Nigeria who see through their evil schemes to call them to order ASAP.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by dave2meek(m): 5:05am On Mar 12, 2015
What's my concern??...
This election should come and go please

3 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by tit(f): 5:10am On Mar 12, 2015
agabusta:

bla bla bla bla

Ah! Amir agabusta,
you go to the north and ask them how a kaffir can rule them.
you go to the west and tell them that it is yeebos that full the government
you go to the east and ask them why they are supporting izon
then you go to the south and remind them that they are not all izon.

The deceit and evil you, apc people are planning will bounce on you and your household twety thousand times!

2 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by reborn1: 5:13am On Mar 12, 2015
agabusta:

The impunity and ethnic jingoism being used by the PDP to canvass for votes is highly despicable. It shows the kind of selfish people they are.
K
You can imagine the effrontery of a bigot like Fani Kayode, who went to Umuhia to give a press statement and tried to re-open fresh wounds of the civil war just to canvass for votes. This same FFK has insulted the good people of SE in the past, but now that he has received a handsome contract by GEJ, he is blowing full steam and being hailed by silly sycophants and hypocrites. I'm very sure intelligent people can see through the dirty schemes of the PDP.

They go to the East/SS, they talk about the civil war and Northerners, that they are born to rule to get emotions worked up in their favour.

They go to the SW, use Fayose to talk loads of trash that has the implication of inciting Northerners against SW peeps and then use Mimiko to organise rallies to draw the support of Yoruba civil societies and pressure groups.

They go to the North, use Sambo to preach that PDP is the original Islamic party in contrast to what they preach down south, they also use Babangida Aliyu and Lamido to drum it into the ears of Northerners that GMB is only getting support because he can do only one term which will deny the North 8yrs as if there is a rule in our constitution that gives each region 8yrs.

Outside of all this their evil and dirty schemes, they then try to portray GEJ as humble and quiet individual who doesn't know much about these their shenanigans.

What they are doing, especially Fayose, FFK, and the other loose mouths that they don't seem to know is that they are setting the foundation for a serious crisis based on the way they are actively encouraging hate btw the regions. I enjoin the intelligent and good people of Nigeria who see through their evil schemes to call them to order ASAP.

Perfect. Its a shame some folks from the SE can now hail FFK they once curse and label drug addict. Very funny cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by mycar: 5:31am On Mar 12, 2015
When I see headlines like this, I try my best to read the content but unfortunately, many people don't do that. The headline and the body are not connected at all.

Court has ruled that INEC has no reason not to include YDP as a registered party,
In short, YDP is seen as a political organisation and should be treated a such.
If they have a candidate for any election, the name should be included in the ballot papers just like any other candidates names are expected and should INEC fail to do so, it is tantamount to a disaster, if you supported INEC on this , would you have supported them if it was your political party, else not, you are then a hypocrisy.
Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by Oklander: 5:38am On Mar 12, 2015
The party should be scrapped and sued for lying against the court!

6 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by seunfly: 5:39am On Mar 12, 2015
It true, that means their plan to prospone election through that means as been truncated, PDP back to the drawing board find another means to prospone the election God is waiting to shatter that effort also.

5 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by disloman(m): 5:40am On Mar 12, 2015
U can't fight d will of God.D last tyme i checked,d will of God is d will of his pple.

4 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by yomalex(m): 6:34am On Mar 12, 2015
Muddling up the waters
Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by chukel(m): 6:38am On Mar 12, 2015
mycar:
When I see headlines like this, I try my best to read the content but unfortunately, many people don't do that. The headline and the body are not connected at all.

Court has ruled that INEC has no reason not to include YDP as a registered party,
If they have a candidate for any election, the name should be included in the ballot papers just like any other candidates names are expected and should INEC fail to do so, it is tantamount to a disaster, if you supported INEC on this, would you have supported INEC if it was your political party's name was omitted else not, you are then a hypocrisy.
you have a problem with comprehension. mycar, better go to cartalk section where you will understand every bit of what they are saying. your english is horrible too. try to fix comma and full stop where they should be.

5 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:42am On Mar 12, 2015
They are setting up this so-called YDP as a spoiler again, just like they used Nzeribe's ABN in the fourth republic. I just dey laff

3 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:46am On Mar 12, 2015
mycar:

If they have a candidate for any election, the name should be included in the ballot papers just like any other candidates names are expected and should INEC fail to do so, it is tantamount to a disaster, if you supported INEC on this, would you have supported INEC if it was your political party's name was omitted else not, you are then a hypocrisy.
Go through the write up again.
Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:46am On Mar 12, 2015
Hahaha the party of "tit 61years,temitemi1 54yrs and cleverrmind 88yrs is actually as fake as the clueless one grin grin ,...YOUNG democratic indeed grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:51am On Mar 12, 2015
At first, when the APC was to be registered, the PDP came up with a political organization with the same initials (APC) to scuttle the registration of the All Progressive Congress. At the end the day, they were defeated.

5 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 6:54am On Mar 12, 2015
Abdullah007:

Despite my advice for you to seek knowledge and stop spewing the trash you have here, you've got stuck to the lies you were fed by the PDPeegs!

@ the OP, Jonathan and his co-travelers do not mind scuttling our democracy for their desperation to continue misruling us.

Recall that some leaders of the YDP were sighted within PDP premises moment after judgment was delivered in this case. PDP not only finance YDP, they also finance many other mushroom parties in a bid to perpetuate themselves in power.

It's almost a week since judgment was delivered, yet it has not been served to INEC! Not only that, the party has gone ahead to announce their convention for March 26th and 27th! It's only the bigots and gullible ones that will fail to know that PDP are behind this unpatriotic scheming to disrupt INEC's plans and the electoral processes by extension.

Nigeria has survived more desperate times in the past and shall survive these cabals this time as well.

GMB/PYO 2015.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by Nkemtreasure: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2015
tatosh:

Let us embrace CHANGE.

SAI BUHARI!
SAI APC!

Whenever I hear of impunity, I just laugh.
In Rivers state, the courts has been closed for almost a year and that is not impunity.
In Edo and Rivers states, the House of Assembly now sits in the Government house, this is not impunity.
In Imo state, elected LGA chairmen were sacked less than 3months Rochas came into power, this is not impunity.
In almost all the states in Nigeria, the local government have TC members running it which is alien to the Nigerian constitution. This is not impunity.
The level of impunity being perpetrated by state governments make the FG look like saints.
If we must condem anyone,we can do it better without party sentiments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by dridowu: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2015
Ceteri Paribus, March 28 has come to stay
Nigerians please vote wisely
Vote Change
Vote GMB/PYO
God Bless INEC
God Bless Nigeria
PassingShot:

Despite my advice for you to seek knowledge and stop spewing the trash you have here, you've got stuck to the lies you were fed by the PDPeegs!

My brother , please don't quote that guy again , i am sure he is one of 21million Nigerians that are having mental disorder. Just ignore him

4 Likes

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 12, 2015
Hmmmmm...which of the news should we believe now? Guess it's high time NBC wades into issues of one news in 2 faces.

....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by Nutase: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2015
u
Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by OLADD: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2015
Punch and its janja.weed journalism. The Court's judgement clearly upheld YDP's registration status as the party has been deemed duly registered by INEC. Punch and its editorial board should ask themselves these salient questions:
1. What are the inherent rights of a duly registered party in electioneering processes?
2. If a party is deemed duly registered in the eyes of the law, should ballot papers be printed without such party's logo?
From the above, the only escape route for INEC is to appeal the judgment and pray for stay of execution, anything short of that may render the forthcoming elections invalid.

1 Like

Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by steppin: 7:33am On Mar 12, 2015
If the court didn't, who did?
Re: Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH by layinkakeem(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2015
Whose party is YPD ?

Some undercover party for #GEJ

We want change !
We want chibok girls back !
We want buhari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Shiite Leader El-zazzaky Carried In Wheel Barrow After His Arrest / 2023: Why Rivers People Cannot Betray Tinubu – Tony Okocha / We Made No Request To Buy Sniffer Dogs In 2023 Budget - NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.