Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,226 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars (11032 Views)

Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira / Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest / Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by idygurl(f): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2009
Hmm, only 3 submissions. I like them sha but if there were more. but let me not choose, let the guy choose so I won't affect the outcome finally. kiss
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 31, 2009
whats going on nairalandIts been a very long time and i'm glad to be back here.kemji wassup?hows life?
I think i should be able to join in this, it's kinda interesting.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by annekix(m): 2:17am On Feb 02, 2009
AnnekiX runs with speed panting and gasping for air!! and screams out loud,

""WAIT FOR ME !!!!! DONT CLOSE COMPETITION YET!!!!"" im coming!!!

Annekix breaks door down, runs in slow motion into nairaland room, and uploads file to the web!!

annekix jumps in triumph, eye's closed, fists in the air , he shouts "Yess i did it, YeSSSS!!!!! "

Annekix finally opens eyes and sees fellow nairalanders staring at him with puzzled expressions shocked undecided shocked

"erm, Hee, hee, wassup guys!" embarassed Annekix says while scracthing head,, Sorry i'm late
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by annekix(m): 2:35am On Feb 02, 2009
okay now seriously, i stayed up all night 2 do dis, i've been so busy with work and other things, and i've been procrastinating on this job since, !
the mood just entered my body and this is what i came up wit,

i used the erm wierd challenging colors u stated above and miraculously i produced this,

and from the name "nuudlz ztation" it tells me its a chinese resturant. So thus the oriental theme i incorporated into the design

"unless na ndomie noodles returant you wan open, where youll serve stricly noodles of all flavours, chicken,onions, peppersoup, jollof, and isi ewu" grin

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by sojioguns(m): 7:02am On Feb 02, 2009
@annekix, Nice one. Very good. The only reservation is the black you used (and it seems so prominent). You could do more colour options.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Kemjisuper(m): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2009
@in2gold
Welcome back. How your waka?

@Topic
I guess the deadline's about here. Any comments on the samples posted so far? I know there should have been more entries but maybe the committment of the Graphic Artists should also come into play.

Awaiting your comments and verdict. Good job to all.

Cheers

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by boomtowner: 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2009
THANKS THANKS.I HUMBLY WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL WHO VIEWED,ALL WHO ADDED COMMENTS AND ALL WHO TOOK TIME TO SEND IN AN ENTRY.MY FINAL SAY IS THAT ALL THE DESIGNS WERE FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC.I HAVE CAREFULLY DECIDED TO AWARD THE 100 DOLLARS TO KEMJISUPER FOR THE SAKE OF TWO WORDS SIMPLICITY AND BEAUTY.SO CONGRATS KEMJISUPER JUST LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WANT THE MONEY AND IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE LAGOS LET ME HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER.THANKS EVERY ONE ONCE AGAIN[color=#990000].[/color]
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by sojioguns(m): 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2009
congrats to kemjisuper!!!! keep the flag high!
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Kemjisuper(m): 1:32pm On Feb 02, 2009
sojioguns:

congrats to kemjisuper!!!! keep the flag high!

Thanks Thanks. To the Originator of this competition for the opportunity, to fellow contestants for their inputs and challenge, and to others for their advice and critic.

The deal's not over till the promises have been fulfilled on both sides i.e. the cash and logos transferred between both parties. I'm working on the finished samples for submission to the rightful owner. I'd be more than thrilled to walk into a hugely successful food joint in Lag (Nuudlz Ztation) and see my Logo design on Tee shirts, caps, take away packs etc - A Graphic Designer's dream come true.

Cheers! cool

1 Like

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by neo2(m): 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2009
heyy, congratulations kemji nice one wink keep it up!
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by CGKing(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2009
Logo Competison Ay and it i over!!!!. Oh well, maybe next time.

Congrats Kem, well deserved. U got good atitude.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by ajayi1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2009
Congrats to Kem, Nice Work!!!! It simple but you need some lil amendment.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Kemjisuper(m): 8:21am On Feb 04, 2009
Thanks to all again and again for the congratulations! grin

I am pleased to announce that I confirmed my $100 in the bank after work yesterday. I spoke to the Owner on phone and everything's settled. All the original logo samples are being forwarded to his email as we speak. Twas a pretty surprising deal for me, but I had faith that my work would be recognised.

I remember someone mentioned something about the whole thing not sounding genuine, and that's probably the reason there were so few entries - but I say does it really matter? What do you stand to lose by participating in a graphics competition, even if there's no monetary reward attached? undecided For one I'm always aware of the fact that whatever the case, Nairaland and the Worldwide Web as a whole is an excellent medium through which you can sell yourself, as well as get good advice to help you improve. I've taken advantage of that, and I'll still keep doing so with the faith that more juicy and bigger favours will come my way in the future.

Once again, let's all join hands to keep improving at least in the graphics section of nairaland. I see lots of potential here, I've encountered some extremely good Graphics guys & chics, I've ventured into aspects of Graphics design which I never dreamt of and I'm glad for every thing I've achieved by His Grace.

To cut the long gist short, keep doing what you all do best! Thanks to God I'm sure by the next competition we'll see a more encouraging turnout. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by sojioguns(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2009
Congrats to everyone: boomtowner and Kemji and also all other participants. I guess the graphics section isn't so boring after all.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by boomtowner: 10:07am On Feb 04, 2009
Thanks everybody been too busy at the office, @ kemjisuper my e-mail is kennytalabi@gmail .com
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Kemjisuper(m): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2009
@Boomtowner
Oops, I already mailed them to kenny_talabi@yahoo.com from your nairaland profile. My office internet connection has been creeping along since yesterday so it's been tough. I'll mail them also to kennytalabi@gmail.com for your convenience.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by annekix(m): 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2009
i guess there's no point me uploadin dis but, hey, jus thot id' up it b4 i delete it from my system.

changed the layer color from black to yellow asper sojioguns critique

congrats to the winneranyway ,

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2009
how about this

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Kemjisuper(m): 11:18am On Feb 09, 2009
Fair! But red & yellow (the brighter colours) are scarce! undecided Get ma drift?
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by sojioguns(m): 11:26am On Feb 09, 2009
In2gold, you need a lot of work in your colour combination skills. If you take a look at the colour wheel you will see the "opposites" of colours ie Red and Green, Blue and Yellow, etc.
Rule 1: 2 opposite colours should not be in the same object. They will not look good. You used red and green. Red and yellow/orange would have worked better because they are adjacent in the colour wheel.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
ok
I'll get back to work,thanks for the tips.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Kemjisuper(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2009
More Nuudlz Station promos, just to keep the thread busy! Cash is still safe in the bank lol grin

1 Like

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by CGKing(m): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2009
Yeah yeah Kemjisper,

I was wondering when you were going to post a 3d guy holding a 3d girl. Yeah, here we go.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Kemjisuper(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
CGKing:

Yeah yeah Kemjisper,

I was wondering when you were going to post a 3d guy holding a 3d girl. Yeah, here we go.

LoL! Don't tell me that's what you've been dying to see? grin
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by OmniPotens(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2009
All who have been here for the competition, keep it up.

The organizer, more power to your elbow. I hope others imitate you. This kind of concept moves people to get more serious with their business and concepts. Thanks a million times for this initiative.

For all participants, thumbs up!

Runners up and winner, keep the flag flying to greater heights!

Cheers to everyone!!!
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Tonyet1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
check out mine cheesy

Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by tkovie2002(m): 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2009
KmejiSuper and all Graphic artists in the house. Pls help me with a logo for an IT firm (Ovitechnology Ltd.) COlor=Blue & White.
Pls pls, am not promising money tho,
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by cvibe: 11:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
tkovie,

As a company, u begging to do logo?
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by twinskenny(m): 10:53am On Feb 14, 2009
Kemji, please permit me, i will like to meet you maybe on phone or email thing, i really like your work, no be say i wan give u contract O!

here is my email

kehinde@ieg1.com

Thanks
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by alex406(m): 11:34am On Feb 14, 2009
Kemji,you are a graphic wizard.
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by Koboland(f): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2009
@ Kemji Dude youz the MAN Can you do a 3d Music Video?
Re: Logo Design Contest Best Design Gets 100 Dollars by bakenda(m): 4:02am On Feb 15, 2009
This is lovely.
I hope to post a logo design job
here someday,seeing the talents
we've got here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corel Draw To Create Magazine And Flyers / Finally, Wacom Interactive Pen Displays, Pen Tablets Are Here In Nigeria! / Who Can Indicate The Software Used For This ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.